Simulator Golf, I don’t get it.

These are the idiots playing my course… I’ll send them over your house😂
The "proper dress required" sign seems to work well.

Think I'm going to suck it up and go pay $50 to play sim golf for an hour this afternoon
What course options do you have?

The "proper dress required" sign seems to work well.
Dude, I was parking carts and I saw him walk into the proshop to check in. I stayed outside to snap the picture and get the sign innit as well

What course options do you have?
There are a ton at this place from all over with most being from South Korea and Japan it seems.

Maybe I should pick a course now. Hmmm any suggestions?

Dude, I was parking carts and I saw him walk into the proshop to check in. I stayed outside to snap the picture and get the sign innit as well
I'll never understand shirtless guy, who leaves the house thinking "Do I need a shirt? Nah, I'm good."

There are a ton at this place from all over with most being from South Korea and Japan it seems.

Maybe I should pick a course now. Hmmm any suggestions?
My knowledge of South Korean and Japanese courses is quite limited.

My knowledge of South Korean and Japanese courses is quite limited.
LOL Mine too. I'm going to a Golfzon place and here is what they have of what we might know

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 9.49.30 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-27 at 9.49.40 AM.png

I'll be using my local sim to practice Ballyhack for the Bag Boy Championship, while not perfect better than nothing as Colorado doesn't have courses like that.

Harbour Town would make for a fun sim round.

Sometimes I run out of time in the day and just want to hit a few balls. Sometimes the weather is trash and the simulator is the only option. I would much rather be on a golf course though.

I don't think you'll run into anyone who prefers a simulator over being on a golf course. It's just a fun alternative that takes less time and scratches the same itch.

The simulator is great for practice. Simulators give you good data to help diagnose any problems with your swing. Even pros use them to help understand what is going on with their swing from day to day.

They are becoming less and less expensive too, which makes them more common place. There is a great list of simulators and their tech here.

Neither do I if I'm honest I think it throws off my short game feels. I rarely if ever use a sim for anything other than verifying numbers. Maybe with a group it would be different and a fun social experience but traditionally when I go to the SIM we have it's late at night when I'm trying to work on swing stuff.

I find the simulator to be very good for my wedge game between 30 and 120 yards giving me good feels on partial wedge swings.

I think I might be one of the few people who do not see the appeal of simulator golf.
I might understand it for those who cannot play because of winter. Yet I see people who play it during summer.
Is it just me?
Both my son in laws play sim golf at a local watering hole they both frequent. I think they are in a league of some sort.

They like it because it fits their busy week day work schedules, and they like their weekends off.

However, I don't see them improving when we play on a real course. I still take their monies. 😀

The other thing I will say about sim golf is while I don't enjoy it as much as regular golf it is a bit more fun than just banging balls at the range.

The other thing I will say about sim golf is while I don't enjoy it as much as regular golf it is a bit more fun than just banging balls at the range.
Give me sim golf over a range any day of the week. I hate just banging balls on the range aimlessly.

for all the "golf can be social" talk, I am TOTALLY into it.

Personally, I'd prefer to play golf, but I think sim golf has a very viable place.

Give me sim golf over a range any day of the week. I hate just banging balls on the range aimlessly.
I mean sometimes its nice to see ball flight but I agree, I'm definitely not a range rat by any stretch

I mean sometimes its nice to see ball flight but I agree, I'm definitely not a range rat by any stretch
If by ball flight you mean watching the ball go backwards after topping it so bad, then yeah, its fun.

I literally can not hit balls on a driving range. It's uncanny at how miserable of a driving range golfer I am. It's been on full display at THP events, and it amazes people.

Played 18 holes at Harbour Town in 40 mins today one the sim. Outside of having no clue how hard to hit out of the bunker grass swung it pretty well. The Golfzon sim actually seemed pretty accurate as well. still don’t love the price but the experience was good

Played 18 holes at Harbour Town in 40 mins today one the sim. Outside of having no clue how hard to hit out of the bunker grass swung it pretty well. The Golfzon sim actually seemed pretty accurate as well. still don’t love the price but the experience was good

My local GofZon has a special that is 3 hours for $100 before 3PM weekdays. They charge by the bay, so it is usually 3 or 4 people I play with during those three hours. It is a great way to spend a Friday.

I also have practice bays for $20 an hour before 3PM weekdays, non winter months they run 2 hours for $20.

My local GofZon has a special that is 3 hours for $100 before 3PM weekdays. They charge by the bay, so it is usually 3 or 4 people I play with during those three hours. It is a great way to spend a Friday.

I also have practice bays for $20 an hour before 3PM weekdays, non winter months they run 2 hours for $20.
Wow that’s amazing. $40/hr is the cheapest I’ve seen it

I've seen some YouTubers play on Golfzon and it seems pretty cool

Thats about right time wise.
And to think that 2nd hole at the MC took that long haha

I agree with this.....especially when it is wet and cold up where I am. I just wish prices were more reasonable.

Back