New MGI Navigator A.I. GPS and Geo Fencing

It appears that a lot of brands introducing new tech this year as evidence on the forum are having struggles this year with new tech introductions. I and about a half dozen of my buddies love our ZIP Navigators going on 2+ years for some with no issues.

The delays we are seeing at my workplace from laptops, desktops, chips, etc is unfounded. I just received a $250K piece of equipment about 3 months ago for a project of mine that was originally a 6 month lead time and took 2 years to finally receive. The supply chain still has struggles in some areas for sure.

It appears that a lot of brands introducing new tech this year as evidence on the forum are having struggles this year with new tech introductions. I and about a half dozen of my buddies love our ZIP Navigators going on 2+ years for some with no issues.

The delays we are seeing at my workplace from laptops, desktops, chips, etc is unfounded. I just received a $250K piece of equipment about 3 months ago for a project of mine that was originally a 6 month lead time and took 2 years to finally receive. The supply chain still has struggles in some areas for sure.
It sure does.
There is no shortage on simple communication though with people you took money from. That’s awful and shouldn’t be excused.

Having a delay or tech issues is common. Taking preorder dollars and not responding or releasing info is not.

It sure does.
There is no shortage on simple communication though with people you took money from. That’s awful and shouldn’t be excused.

Having a delay or tech issues is common. Taking preorder dollars and not responding or releasing info is not.

I don’t disagree that communication is key but at times even honest communication is based on the best information the supplier is getting from their upstream component suppliers. Our experience is that a lot of it at times is outside the supplier’s control.

I do believe that if you take money upfront, there should be some compensation for repeated delays at least from the consumer aspect. It could be additional accessories thrown in or a discount from the original price. That’s only good business practice.

Unfortunately, in the industrial marketplace, suppliers are not as gracious as they could/should be in the retail environment. Case in point I put down $125K as a deposit over two years ago and the delivery date continued to be pushed out each quarter. I was not happy with the delays and expressed myself but the attitude from the supplier was take it or leave it there’s only so much supply out there, so it’s a waiting game. Unfortunately they were at the mercy of their upstream component suppliers particularly those sourced from Asia.

I don’t disagree that communication is key but at times even honest communication is based on the best information the supplier is getting from their upstream component suppliers. Our experience is that a lot of it at times is outside the supplier’s control.

I do believe that if you take money upfront, there should be some compensation for repeated delays at least from the consumer aspect. It could be additional accessories thrown in or a discount from the original price. That’s only good business practice.

Unfortunately, in the industrial marketplace, suppliers are not as gracious as they could/should be in the retail environment. Case in point I put down $125K as a deposit over two years ago and the delivery date continued to be pushed out each quarter. I was not happy with the delays and expressed myself but the attitude from the supplier was take it or leave it there’s only so much supply out there, so it’s a waiting game. Unfortunately they were at the mercy of their upstream component suppliers particularly those sourced from Asia.
so say that. Tell people you took money from that it’s been delayed again. Or give them their money back. The defense of this is any form is so weird to me.

The brand announced a product, then it changed, then it changed again, then they took money from people, which they still have and still haven’t delivered, given their money back or offered any information.

If you can’t deliver, that is completely understandable, but you have to speak about it. Your competitor brought it to market, and the want to match makes sense, which is why the changes were made, but you can’t take money and not speak. Even a simple press release is acceptable.

It’s all fixed with proper communication, both to people they took money from and their media partners.

The brand failed both and should be held to a higher standard.
I am thinking Motocaddy did a better job on the long delay for releasing the M7 with GPS?

I am thinking Motocaddy did a better job on the long delay for releasing the M7 with GPS?
Not sure. They announced. They did put out info about Ukraine and GPS. But didn’t really sell until in hand. so on that front yes

They also didn’t announce features to drum up interest and then yank. MGI didn’t do that as much as others did it for them, but it was in original press info.

I just can’t stand a place taking dollars from customers and not doing the bare minimum of a simple communication.

A discount would be nice at this point. They did refund $300 but that was to compensate for them pulling 2 huge features

Follow mode
Geofencing around obstacle, bunkers, hazards, etc

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I agree the MGI ZIP Navigator is solid. Almost 1,600 miles on mine over 2 years, 300+ rounds - no issues. I am/was interested in the new version with the better battery placement and especially with the follow on and Geo fencing. Hopefully, that happens at some point in the future. My regular foursome all have the MGI ZIP Navigators and like them a lot.

A discount would be nice at this point. They did refund $300 but that was to compensate for them pulling 2 huge features

Follow mode
Geofencing around obstacle, bunkers, hazards, etc

Totally agree.

Yes. 1 is supposedly for those who already ordered and 1 is supposedly foe the ones that are waiting for availability to order (how I took it anyway) who knows

Yes. 1 is supposedly for those who already ordered and 1 is supposedly foe the ones that are waiting for availability to order (how I took it anyway) who knows

Looks like your right, orders after 4/28/2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_213513_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_213513_Samsung Internet.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
I have the follow feature on my Alphard V2 as I received their Bluetooth Sidekick accessory last month. It works well for the 4 rounds I’ve used it but I’d like it better if it stayed a little in front of me instead of slightly behind. Time will tell if it’s a feature I use a lot or not. Many times I’m sending it out in front of me especially when going over bridges or on narrow cart paths between the green and next tee.

I don’t have need for Geofencing as I’ve never come close to putting it into a hazard.

This review says they use course features shown on GPS for boundaries including water hazards, greens, bunkers. Supposedly :) .

What happens on CPO days when the course geo-fences the entire course?

What happens on CPO days when the course geo-fences the entire course?
It doesn't have that feature anymore. The scrapped the geofencing and follow a while ago

Last edited:
I have the follow feature on my Alphard V2 as I received their Bluetooth Sidekick accessory last month. It works well for the 4 rounds I’ve used it but I’d like it better if it stayed a little in front of me instead of slightly behind. Time will tell if it’s a feature I use a lot or not. Many times I’m sending it out in front of me especially when going over bridges or on narrow cart paths between the green and next tee.

I don’t have need for Geofencing as I’ve never come close to putting it into a hazard.
Um, Ihave put 2 into lakes and was not even drinking :cool:

Back