New MGI Navigator A.I. GPS and Geo Fencing

tucsondivots

Fairways and Greens
Reaction score
Handicap

This has some interesting features and improvements. $2,199, available in March. Lots of options in remote control carts this year.

Sounds like they beat Motocaddy out with a Remote + GPS model, which Motocaddy was supposed to have out last Fall, then I upped it with a follow mode. I gave up waiting for the Motocaddy Remote + GPS model and bought the MGI Zip Navigator AT, which I'm completely happy with, but nice to see that they keep improving and coming up with new models. Also, although I've never tipped mine over, glad to see that they listened to user input and moved the battery for a more stable platform.

Sounds like they beat Motocaddy out with a Remote + GPS model, which Motocaddy was supposed to have out last Fall, then I upped it with a follow mode. I gave up waiting for the Motocaddy Remote + GPS model and bought the MGI Zip Navigator AT, which I'm completely happy with, but nice to see that they keep improving and coming up with new models. Also, although I've never tipped mine over, glad to see that they listened to user input and moved the battery for a more stable platform.

the new motocaddy thread went up yesterday saying it’s March.

The battery placement change 🤣

Should have one of these in hand in the coming months to compare.

The Geo Fencing says it will keep the cart from going in water hazards, bunkers and greens based on the GPS mapping of a course. Similar to the technology on riding carts that keep them out of protected area. Pretty nice if it works correctly.

The Geo Fencing says it will keep the cart from going in water hazards, bunkers and greens based on the GPS mapping of a course. Similar to the technology on riding carts that keep them out of protected area. Pretty nice if it works correctly.
Its a great feature, but it is assuming courses have it in place. A good amount do, but not all.

Its a great feature, but it is assuming courses have it in place. A good amount do, but not all.
Could they use the same system as Shot Scope as they know when I’m on the green, and how far to hazards and such?

Could they use the same system as Shot Scope as they know when I’m on the green, and how far to hazards and such?
Yes. Course features geofence areas with no cart access. Most follows have this in place in some capacity.

This review says they use course features shown on GPS for boundaries including water hazards, greens, bunkers. Supposedly :) .

I’m looking into getting an electric trolley. These kind of features are really nice to have IMHO. I’m looking at walking more and, since carts are $25 for 18 at the course we are looking at, I’d rather have one of these than my 20 year old 3 wheeler push cart.

I’m looking into getting an electric trolley. These kind of features are really nice to have IMHO. I’m looking at walking more and, since carts are $25 for 18 at the course we are looking at, I’d rather have one of these than my 20 year old 3 wheeler push cart.
Stick with the ones discussed most on the forum and you will not be disappointed. The Motocaddy and MGI ZIP Navigator are top choices imho. Go with the remote control versions. I have 1,500 miles on my MGI ZIP Navigator AT with no issues.

I love my Zip AT, but I'm still not sold on the follow concept. The geofencing is neat, but I worry about the subtleties on the course (ie. curbs, pothole-type area in the terrain that I'd typically avoid, puddles, muddy areas, etc). I do, however, really like the new battery placement. It should really reduce potential tipovers.

I love my Zip AT, but I'm still not sold on the follow concept. The geofencing is neat, but I worry about the subtleties on the course (ie. curbs, pothole-type area in the terrain that I'd typically avoid, puddles, muddy areas, etc). I do, however, really like the new battery placement. It should really reduce potential tipovers.
That would be my worries as an early adopter. Most of the time I usually try to stick with something a generation or 2 old that is proven tech.

With the amount of time I spend outside the fairways, these types of devices need an easy to use "wait" function. Also I would be a bit concerned with some of the narrow paths my local courses use to move from green to tee. But I suppose that's where the remote would come out.

I'm really intrigued by the concept as a walker who carries 99% of the time. I don't fancy push carts, but this would be awesome.

I was about to pull the trigger on Q follow and just found out about this new product. Unless I heard it wrong, this one will stop short and allow you to hit your ball, instead of you returning the remote to q follow (as shown on many videos). I'm afraid of buying first generation, but this is very interesting.

I don't get why follow function won't be available until April, and this has me a little worried.

I was about to pull the trigger on Q follow and just found out about this new product. Unless I heard it wrong, this one will stop short and allow you to hit your ball, instead of you returning the remote to q follow (as shown on many videos). I'm afraid of buying first generation, but this is very interesting.

I don't get why follow function won't be available until April, and this has me a little worried.

‘’they say it is a software thing they are working on. It will be flipping a switch and then update the carts via Wi-Fi.
I have mine pre-ordered. I’ll be an early adopter 💪🤷‍♂️

can’t wait to get it

‘’they say it is a software thing they are working on. It will be flipping a switch and then update the carts via Wi-Fi.
I have mine pre-ordered. I’ll be an early adopter 💪🤷‍♂️

can’t wait to get it

I wouldn't mind being an early adopter as well, but Q follow is well reviewed and been on a market for a while. No videos or reviews of this yet, might need to wait to see how well it works. Definitely let us know once you get yours!

I think I’ll be an early adopter on this one. The interactive screen isn’t all that interesting but the follow is what I’ve been waiting for.

I think I’ll be an early adopter on this one. The interactive screen isn’t all that interesting but the follow is what I’ve been waiting for.
I wanted the M7 over the Zip until the Zip got the follow plus GPS. I don’t currently use a gps but they are great to have. Especially if I don’t have to use my phone or a separate app.

This model looks pretty cool. The Geofencing technology is awesome. I have never heard of this in an electric walking cart and certainly 🤞 put an end to a lot of accidents. Looking forward to seeing in action. Not cheap but was is these days 🤪.

I'm leaning more towards the Zip Navigator since it's $700 less. Gotta see what I can work in the budget.

I'm leaning more towards the Zip Navigator since it's $700 less. Gotta see what I can work in the budget.
Solid option. But the better battery placement, follow me feature, GPS and Geo fencing on the Ai could definitely be worth the extra dollars.

I’d get the zip navigator AT over the the regular zip navigator. ( if I wasn’t getting the AI). The AT has a nice weirder front 2 wheel placement. Can find a bundle at Costco for the AT with most all of the accessories

I’d get the zip navigator AT over the the regular zip navigator. ( if I wasn’t getting the AI). The AT has a nice weirder front 2 wheel placement. Can find a bundle at Costco for the AT with most all of the accessories
I have the AT and had the regular ZIP Navigator. The independent front wheels on the AT are a good feature. Easy to take off and clean. I believe the AT comes standard with the stronger battery as well.

Back