CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship

Ok, got a few minutes here lets see what we can get to.

First off, I can’t express how happy I am that Whiskey Business got to ride. Everyone there was awesome but Will is just a perfect partner for something like this. He popped in on the way home to ride some of the weather out and have a commiserative whiskey. During that time I think my wife already began planning couples trips unknown to Mrs MarMill, haha. We hit the ground running when he swung by to pick me up. We had planned to play golf somewhere this morning, in retrospect it might have been able to shake some of the first round issues, but wcyd. Flew down I35 and met up with most of the squad at twin peaks (now it’s a tradition). Wasn’t planning on drinking there but they had a legit whiskey list soooo.

Off to Briggs and it’s always a whirlwind landing, unloading, shaking hands with friends young and old. Relaxed, got a few holes of golden tee in with @outlawx and @Deebo76 . spent some time trying to spend money in the proshop, but to no avail. The swag has been covered but Trevor and the guys went hard, It’s all legit high quality stuff, top notch all around. The new WorldWide logo came up at some point and I really like it, and looks great on some of the swag. Trevor is a passionate golfer and golf equipment-er, it wasn’t going in the swag bag unless he would have used it.

Time to turn on business mode and sportscoats came out. Fajita dinner great as always. Scott gave a great intro speech about worldwide and why they are doing this and what the vision is. Really cool stuff. Im not sure he quite was ready for a full hoarde of THPers (who is) but he jumped in and ran with it. The mid-round apparel change during the first round was legendary. Full-on THPer move.

Bunker contest is just a mainstay at Briggs. I don’t need to explain it much more. Some really good shots that night and some less. I had planned to get a few practice swings in with my gamer LW, but just slipped my mind with the fun of dinner so it was one bad shot and done for me. Casita 3 was the place to be after that. I’ve never seen someone so committed to get a fire pit going than @blazinden . We shut it down pretty early and got prepped for the next day.

Day 1: Best I’ve felt the morning of a big match or THP event. It was hard to explain, I was so relaxed. Woke up like 2 minutes before my alarm. Hot shower. Rolled into breakfast right when it opened. Coffee was perfect. Didn’t overdo the tacos (which would have been so easy). Planned to go easy on the range for about 10 minutes or so.

I was a bit confused where this was coming from because the weeks/months leading up to this really were a trainwreck. I had completely lost my short iron game, I really did hurt my foot, I’ve had some career stress and changes which limited golf practice that was planned, daughter was sick for a week then I had a bad cold the weekend before that cancelled my last planned round.

So then the range. I posted it in the thread, but it was perfect. I probably didn’t hit 20-25 balls but every one was perfect. 3 ½ to ¼ 8irons to loosen up, perfect. Full 8 irons, 4 or 5 perfect. 2 utility, 3 balls dead straight on the button. 4 or 5 drivers, soft fade all center cut. I was freaking out at this point. That was all I had planned to hit. I went back to the cart and pulled out the PW because the ZX7s can expose me a bit more at times. 3 stock swings dead nuts straight. ****. Ok. 3 fades, right on the flag I was hitting to. 3 draws to the same flag, all probably hit within 15 feet. I knew exactly what was about to happen, but I just packed up and headed to the putting green. Foreshadowing: It would be #5 of the alt shot round later in the day I would hit an above average iron (for me)

Round 1:
I can't wait for the rest of this breakdown!

@ScoFoBG I am not up to date on the thread as I am rolling back through and unable to multi task. Work has been a grind with needy people today...

That pin….
Our caddy "Jimmy" said he has never had a group make net par with all the putts coming from that side of the hole. He was pretty impressed.

I thought about this a lot in the Airports yesterday and just what to say about the Experience. Just think about what we on this forum have opportunities to do and just how crazy it really is. Truly there are no words that can express the gratitude I have for those who make these wonderful Experiences happen.

Thanks to @jlew & @Mmaynard11 for the daunting task of keeping up with Scoring. Thanks to @JDax @Jman & @Scooby45 for the amazing Preview Show. And Thanks to the THP Forum for following along and being a part of this Experience along with us.

I came into this Experience a way I really don't want to. Because someone else couldn't. Make that someone, one of your closest friends on this forum, that you just shared the Morgan Cup with for a 2nd time a few months earlier and it makes it even tougher. When JB showed me the post he had typed up about @Parrot joining us next year, it almost teared me up. So happy for you Rusty.

@JB and @GolferGal I know you really don't wanna hear it so I'll keep it short since I pretty much already told you anyway. It continually blows my mind what you do for some regular weekend golfers (most of us anyway) and the opportunities we have to do things we otherwise wouldn't. Thank You is never enough, but it's all I've got. Thank You both so much.

The Sponsors @ScoFoBG @originalBG.com @redlineshifter & Trevor you guys seriously knocked everything out of the Park on this one. The swag list, off the charts. The contest prizes truly ridiculous. Scott was just throwing out prize after prize on Friday night. It was one of the coolest things I've seen. I think he would've kept going too but it was getting late. As I told Trevor, I'm an Accessories Nerd so when I opened up that door and saw that Swag on the bed, I was a kid in a candy store. I'm still blown away by it a few days later and all of it will go in or on the bag immediately.

I had the honor of playing with each of the Sponsors and they are truly GREAT PEOPLES. We played with @ScoFoBG & Steve the opening round and it was one of the funnest rounds of golf I've ever played. Then the quote of the week from Scott I'll never forget when asking "Jose" (IYKYK) about the aim point on one of his reads. Our caddie Joel (his real name) pointed to the spot on the green he wanted Scott to start his putt, and Scott replied "So just inside the bird $hit" and proceeded to drain the putt. I'm sure it was a had to be there moment, but it was hilarious so became a line that was used the rest of the weekend. Played with WW Scott & Trevor in alt shot, and watching Trevor hit a ball is pretty impressive. I could go on and on and on. Thank you all so much for what each of you done to make this an amazing few days that will last so much longer. And oh yeah, I can't wait to do it again next year.

This Group was top notch. It was like a Family reunion of sorts. Many I had the honor of meeting in previous Experiences and other Meetups. Of course @jdtox, my Captain oh Captain, @Nerdy & @MarMill my Team Paradise teammates, @baylrballa from Team Hackers 2020, @blazinden & @Iceman! from joining up with The 2022 Grandaddy crew in Chicago. Then those THPers I had interactions with but had not met in person yet @Deebo76 @outlawx & @Scribble. Had the pleasure of sharing Casita 3 (Whaat Whaat) with Deebo & Outlaw and loved having the time to spend with them and getting to know them. Following along with Deebo at TPC Sawgrass, winning the CTP, had me excited to finally meet up with him and he definitely fit the bill. I'd had some interaction with Outlaw on the forum following along with his Hole by Holes but never really personal interactions. What a kid!! As good as they come and if you ever share a room with him, make sure you pack your Alaskan Clothing because you will definitely need it in the room Lol. Then there is Scribble. This guy was the epitome of a First Timer at a THP Experience. The excitement he displayed from day 1 was infectious (He had the right Partner for that as well). Then he dove in head first at the Experience and I'm pretty sure had the time of his life. It's so fun to see someone attend their first experience and he did it right. All great people that I will definitely be looking forward to meeting up with again and sharing memories on the forum. I Thank you all for accepting me as a late addition and making this WWC an unforgettable experience. As I said, will travel for golf anytime and if you are ever in the Kentucky area just let me know.

That leaves my Partner, @mantan. You'll be hard pressed to find a better human on the face of the Earth. From our first conversation you could feel his excitement. Rusty had already laid the foundation with him about what an honor it is to be chosen for a THP Experience. It was my job to help him live it. I hope I did that. He told me ahead of time about his game. I loved his quote. "My game for 9 holes is 7 holes of sunshine and 2 holes of disaster" or something close to that Lol. This week, there was never any disaster. He played his tail off all weekend and is THE reason for our success. Don't let him tell you otherwise. It has been such an honor to share the last several months with him. He, like Scribble killed it at his first THP Experience. And if your wondering where his Forum name comes from, He's a man with a tan Lol. Big Thanks to you buddy for making this Experience top notch. I'm so looking forward to teaming up with you again as Southern Twang returns in 2025.

I thought about this a lot in the Airports yesterday and just what to say about the Experience. Just think about what we on this forum have opportunities to do and just how crazy it really is. Truly there are no words that can express the gratitude I have for those who make these wonderful Experiences happen.

Thanks to @jlew & @Mmaynard11 for the daunting task of keeping up with Scoring. Thanks to @JDax @Jman & @Scooby45 for the amazing Preview Show. And Thanks to the THP Forum for following along and being a part of this Experience along with us.

I came into this Experience a way I really don't want to. Because someone else couldn't. Make that someone, one of your closest friends on this forum, that you just shared the Morgan Cup with for a 2nd time a few months earlier and it makes it even tougher. When JB showed me the post he had typed up about @Parrot joining us next year, it almost teared me up. So happy for you Rusty.

@JB and @GolferGal I know you really don't wanna hear it so I'll keep it short since I pretty much already told you anyway. It continually blows my mind what you do for some regular weekend golfers (most of us anyway) and the opportunities we have to do things we otherwise wouldn't. Thank You is never enough, but it's all I've got. Thank You both so much.

The Sponsors @ScoFoBG @originalBG.com @redlineshifter & Trevor you guys seriously knocked everything out of the Park on this one. The swag list, off the charts. The contest prizes truly ridiculous. Scott was just throwing out prize after prize on Friday night. It was one of the coolest things I've seen. I think he would've kept going too but it was getting late. As I told Trevor, I'm an Accessories Nerd so when I opened up that door and saw that Swag on the bed, I was a kid in a candy store. I'm still blown away by it a few days later and all of it will go in or on the bag immediately.

I had the honor of playing with each of the Sponsors and they are truly GREAT PEOPLES. We played with @ScoFoBG & Steve the opening round and it was one of the funnest rounds of golf I've ever played. Then the quote of the week from Scott I'll never forget when asking "Jose" (IYKYK) about the aim point on one of his reads. Our caddie Joel (his real name) pointed to the spot on the green he wanted Scott to start his putt, and Scott replied "So just inside the bird $hit" and proceeded to drain the putt. I'm sure it was a had to be there moment, but it was hilarious so became a line that was used the rest of the weekend. Played with WW Scott & Trevor in alt shot, and watching Trevor hit a ball is pretty impressive. I could go on and on and on. Thank you all so much for what each of you done to make this an amazing few days that will last so much longer. And oh yeah, I can't wait to do it again next year.

This Group was top notch. It was like a Family reunion of sorts. Many I had the honor of meeting in previous Experiences and other Meetups. Of course @jdtox, my Captain oh Captain, @Nerdy & @MarMill my Team Paradise teammates, @baylrballa from Team Hackers 2020, @blazinden & @Iceman! from joining up with The 2022 Grandaddy crew in Chicago. Then those THPers I had interactions with but had not met in person yet @Deebo76 @outlawx & @Scribble. Had the pleasure of sharing Casita 3 (Whaat Whaat) with Deebo & Outlaw and loved having the time to spend with them and getting to know them. Following along with Deebo at TPC Sawgrass, winning the CTP, had me excited to finally meet up with him and he definitely fit the bill. I'd had some interaction with Outlaw on the forum following along with his Hole by Holes but never really personal interactions. What a kid!! As good as they come and if you ever share a room with him, make sure you pack your Alaskan Clothing because you will definitely need it in the room Lol. Then there is Scribble. This guy was the epitome of a First Timer at a THP Experience. The excitement he displayed from day 1 was infectious (He had the right Partner for that as well). Then he dove in head first at the Experience and I'm pretty sure had the time of his life. It's so fun to see someone attend their first experience and he did it right. All great people that I will definitely be looking forward to meeting up with again and sharing memories on the forum. I Thank you all for accepting me as a late addition and making this WWC an unforgettable experience. As I said, will travel for golf anytime and if you are ever in the Kentucky area just let me know.

That leaves my Partner, @mantan. You'll be hard pressed to find a better human on the face of the Earth. From our first conversation you could feel his excitement. Rusty had already laid the foundation with him about what an honor it is to be chosen for a THP Experience. It was my job to help him live it. I hope I did that. He told me ahead of time about his game. I loved his quote. "My game for 9 holes is 7 holes of sunshine and 2 holes of disaster" or something close to that Lol. This week, there was never any disaster. He played his tail off all weekend and is THE reason for our success. Don't let him tell you otherwise. It has been such an honor to share the last several months with him. He, like Scribble killed it at his first THP Experience. And if your wondering where his Forum name comes from, He's a man with a tan Lol. Big Thanks to you buddy for making this Experience top notch. I'm so looking forward to teaming up with you again as Southern Twang returns in 2025.
Easily ‘Twang 25 I’m a lock

I loved your explanation of his forum name.

I loved your explanation of his forum name.
That's not the real reason for his name, but it will be for me Lol

@ScoFoBG a man of the people.
Oh one more thing.
@Parrot you had to drop out, but it has been discussed and you are in next year
So happy for this. Congrats again Rusty!

Damn what a day. My partner is a beast. Lucky to be here and still hate it for @Parrot so the news he will be joining us next year warms my damn heart. Thanks to the forum for following along. I will have more to say later. I’m still very shocked at the moment.

My man!!! One of the nicest people you will ever meet.

View attachment 9259597

Way to shepherd the rookie along for his first experience. You couldn't have asked for a better THPer to show him the way.
View attachment 9259607
Short rib n chips..soooo good

Give me two of these please.

Dennis Gonna Dennis
I was just on with teledoc and they said “You need to go to urgent care when you land tomorrow”.
So hopefully not a big thing, but she seemed glad that I didnt play today.

Hope the meds and rest are making things better for you.
Discussions currently taking place on where the 2025 WorldWide Golf Championship will be held

Graybull??
The only person that @jdtox gets to retire is OITW.
View attachment 9259699

Dave Chappelle GIF

Think of the team names
Might as well light coins on fire would be too long.

#TeamBurnItDown

5 on Southern Twang was the wise move. Well done.

You sir are a legend, and anyone paired with you or just getting time to be around you will leave better than they arrived. This experience was amazing and it was cool to see you come in and hit the home run. Well done!

One will get ya.
I played 1 3 times and I don't think I ever got less than double. It shouldn't be that hard, but it got me every time

I played 1 3 times and I don't think I ever got less than double. It shouldn't be that hard, but it got me every time
Something about that tee shot just causes me visual problems. I always end up right.

Alright let's recap..

For me it always starts with the people. There are 2 people here who make these things what they are and I know they don't want to hear it, but @JB and @GolferGal you both are amazing at what you do and every time I am lucky enough to be a part of an experience they somehow keep getting better and better. So thank you for all you do to keep THP what it is and what it has become. It feels like family here and that is pretty impressive for the internet.
@jdtox I think you know how much you mean to me as a friend, so I'll keep it short here, but thank you as well for all you do. I would have liked to see WWC at full strengh for this thing. You guys may have won by 20. It's always fun any time we can get together so hopefully we can tee it up this summer

The sponsors - WWG/BG. I got a chance to play the final 18 with Trevor and @redlineshifter and they are 2 great guys. Trevor had some cool stories about playing hockey and they both are in to the marketing aspect and really care about growing the brand. As for the golf, it was just nutty watching Trevor hit shots. The dude has game and it was on full display. @redlineshifter is just getting back in to the game, and there were glimpses of a really good golfer in there if he has time to work at it. He hit some good shots and they were a tough team out there. I didn't get to play with the BG team of @ScoFoBG and @originalBG.com but did get some time with them during dinners, during the after dinner contests, and had the pleasure of hanging out with @ScoFoBG for a few hours after most had left Briggs Saturday afternoon. Again, just great guys. Friday night the contests just kept going and going. The amount of items given away by these guys was ludicrous and I think @ScoFoBG had a bigger smile on his face running the contests than we did somehow. It's been said numerous times, but guys like you two are what make these experiences what they are and why they are so much fun for THPers.

Southern Twang - @KY Golfer and @mantan this place couldn't have asked for a better team to win this and get the opportunity to play again next year. I've known @KY Golfer for a few years now and dude you are just a class act through and through. When I think of THP and what it means to be a part of this community, you are one of the first people that comes to mind. Winning the range finder (I'm not bitter about you beatibng me) and instantly gifting it to @mantan speaks to the kind of you person you are. I can't wait until we tee it up again. I'm proud to call you a friend. I met @mantan during our practice round and after his first swing I knew we and all the other teams were in trouble. The guy can golf his ball. We didn't get to play at Briggs, but I knew if he kept his nerves in check being a first timer they were going to have a shot. I didn't have a ton of conversaitions with @mantan but the interactions I did have, I could tell he's just a really good guy. I hope to get together again at some point and good luck next year!

Smooth Criminals - @outlawx and @Deebo76 I had heard a ton of good things about you guys prior to meeting you and I gotta say, you guys lived up to the hype. I had a lot of fun hanging out with both of you. I learned @Deebo76 is very particular about where you park when we met up with a few of the guys before heading to Briggs :ROFLMAO: The walk up music to the first tee was legendary (until it wasn't :cool:) and you guys came out on fire. We got to play in the alt shot, but with 8 guys there it was hard to really talk much, but I really hope to get another round with you guys in the future. Both really solid golfers and had a few holes gone a bit different, we could be talking about you guys coming back next year.

Whiskey Business - Our Casita mates. I was glad to bunk up with you guys since we weren't paire together for golf at any point. It gave us a chance to talk a bit, but even so we were on the go so much I felt like I may have seen you guys the least haha. I gotta admit I was a bit nervous meeting the legendary WB duo but @MarMill and @baylrballa you guys were nothing but fun from the first minute to the last. You guys know how to make the most out of an experience. The fact you made it to both tee times was nothing short of remarkable :ROFLMAO: Hopefully we can get a chance to hang out again at some point down the road and maybe actually play some golf together next time

Purgatory - I spent 27 holes in Purgatory Friday. That might be enough to last a lifetime ;) @blazinden I wish I had half your energy bro. I'm sitting there exhausted and you're still going a mile a minute. It definitly kept me going during alt shot when it felt like we were playing in quicksand. I had a ton of fun hanging with you Friday and then after the round Saturday just sitting around the table after the other guys had left. Have fun in Ireland, and I hope to see you again someday man. @Scribble was the first THPer I met on this trip down in Texas. I knew he was a fellow CBJ fan, so we instantly were able to strike up a convo about them and hocky in general. It was fun shooting the breeze in the hotel for a few hours Wednesday night. You could tell he was antsy about his first THP experience, but in a good way. I'm glad you had fun and now that you have 1 under your belt, I look forward to following your next one! Hopefully we can get a round and a hockey game at some point in the near future

Last but not least, my Data Simulation parter @Iceman! My dude. I had played in Florida with you previously, so I somewhat knew you, but getting to spend 4 days with you by my side was special. Lots of memories I'll have for a long time. The golf didn't go our way, we did have a few bright spots though. We just struggled to ham and egg it out there, it was ham and ham. We both would hit great drives or bad ones, and both would have great holes or bad ones so it was hard to keep up with the other teams, but through it all I don't think either of us ever stopped having fun and that's what it's all about at the end of the day. THP has a funny way of bringing two people at different stages in their lives together and making them good friends and that's the case here for sure. I couldn't have asked for a better guy to be paired up with and next time we play I promise to "lay off the rap stuff" a bit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thank you for being an awesome partner 👊

This post event write up is harder than expected without it being a novel.

Thank you THP for following along. I hope we brought you along well in the experience. It was fun to go back and read the thread and interactions being had! Thank you to the Sponsors Trevor, Scott, Scott, and Steve for a great time. Thank you for answering all our questions about what your vision is for the future and beyond. Each one of you is genuine and passionate about helping golfers on a personal level. That is what is think resonates with me the most. You want golfers helping golfers. NOT just some dude off the street who is just clocking in and out. Thank you to JB and Morgan for a great event. I am always blown away by each and every event you guys do year in and out. Thank you to all the participants in the event. Each one of you was awesome. I enjoyed meeting each one of you guys.

Unpacking my travel golf case today and sad to report my Briggs mug didn’t make it. I had it wrapped up pretty good I thought. Bummer. Hopefully someone can snag me another one at some point

IMG_3099.jpeg

Back