Afew weeks ago, I had to run to the grocery store, my little dude wanted to go. I pulled in, the parking lot was empty. I parked my truck 4 spots from the front. I grab what I need, come out to find some jackass has parked beside me. Not just beside me, but less than 20" from my passenger side where my kids seat is. There was zero reason to park there, and especially that close. I checked to see if there were any marks on my passenger side, if their had been I would have waited to speak with them. I had to crawl in on the driver's side, buckle him in. Then on the way out, I felt the need to leave a note thanking them for parking so close it blocked me from putting my son in his seat and maybe think about being more considerate next time. It was almost Christmas so I did leave off any names, or profanity. When I climbed back in my truck, my boy said "dad, what you doing to that car" 😆. Busted by a 3 year old..

The straight in parkers into angled spots annoy me
I used to think that way, and sneaker at everyone who didn't seemed to be doing the "right" thing.
Later on, I fond out there are so many with health issue and / or age related vision issue.
This is one of the reason why there are so many road rage in the States with high numbers of retired population.
Florida came to mind, and Texas is catching up. We'll have retired folks driving at or below the posted speed limit, and young drivers don't feel good unless they're 20 miles over the posted speed limit. Worst is the slow drivers staying in the passing lane refused to yield.
I've also learned that many could not park correctly , they could not see where the lines are because of the poor fitting of the driver's seating position.
Ever drive down the road and see someone could barely peek over their steering wheel ? This happens a lot with the drivers shorter than 5'3", or a normal person sitting in a old seat that's sunken-in by wear and tear.
I don't even make fun of these situations any longer, just steer clear of those who are waiting for accidents to happen.

I used to think that way, and sneaker at everyone who didn't seemed to be doing the "right" thing.
Later on, I fond out there are so many with health issue and / or age related vision issue.
This is one of the reason why there are so many road rage in the States with high numbers of retired population.
Florida came to mind, and Texas is catching up. We'll have retired folks driving at or below the posted speed limit, and young drivers don't feel good unless they're 20 miles over the posted speed limit. Worst is the slow drivers staying in the passing lane refused to yield.
I've also learned that many could not park correctly , they could not see where the lines are because of the poor fitting of the driver's seating position.
Ever drive down the road and see someone could barely peek over their steering wheel ? This happens a lot with the drivers shorter than 5'3", or a normal person sitting in a old seat that's sunken-in by wear and tear.
I don't even make fun of these situations any longer, just steer clear of those who are waiting for accidents to happen.
I live in AZ so yes there is a retired population here. I have seen old folks just not follow traffic laws and almost cause accidents. If you health/age related issues then you shouldn't be driving.

I was backing in to a space the other day and the fool in the space behind starts laying on the horn. I got out and still had 6 freaking feet between me and them. Shook my head at them and backed up until my trailer hitch was about an inch from their bumper. Some people are just dumb.

he said, without saying, the bad parker was high.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've parked next to a bad parker before. And this made my car park not so well. And then bad parker leaves and my car is there looking like I parked bad... but it was because of the bad parker.:mad::LOL:
I won’t park next to them. If they’re that bad a driver and/or that big a slob, I don’t want them door dinging my truck, or sideswiping it as they pull out.

I usually park way out in the lot away from everybody whenever I can. I don’t mind getting the extra steps in, and I’d rather not take my chances with the idiots.

Many late model or current generation vehicles , are fitted with parking assist feature , l submit that many have the feature turned off, or have no spatial awareness or concern for others …

Once upon a time it was mandatory to be able to reverse park a vehicle , handbrake start uphill , and traverse the common traffic intersections and road configurations. Rules have changed significantly here , standards have deteriorated. Courtesy and compliance is rare.

And the vehicles are getting bigger , inversely disproportionate to the capabilities and intelligence of the drivers .

he said, without saying, the bad parker was high.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've parked next to a bad parker before. And this made my car park not so well. And then bad parker leaves and my car is there looking like I parked bad... but it was because of the bad parker.:mad::LOL:

It’s more fun to carry heavy duty zip ties and zip tie shopping carts to their door handles. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Discrimination against terrible drivers is still discrimination!!
Plus some large people need extra exit/entrance space
No it’s Darwin’s theory of natural selection

It’s more fun to carry heavy duty zip ties and zip tie shopping carts to their door handles. Sit back and enjoy the show.
I've heard people say that... not something I'd try.

I'd also heard about the zip tie on the drive shaft.

Or the fishing line tied around the drive shaft and the other end to a shopping cart... the faster you go, the faster it follows you.:ROFLMAO:

I live in AZ so yes there is a retired population here. I have seen old folks just not follow traffic laws and almost cause accidents. If you health/age related issues then you shouldn't be driving.
Ask the authority who granted the privilege to operate a motor vehicle with 20/40 vision, ask the source who passed the driving test. Some places already have the mandatory vision test for drivers over the age of 70, but is that enough to safeguard everyone's safety ?
The insurance rate reflects on the accident claim, everyone will start to get some discount after the age of 50, then the rate will reverse the trend by going higher after the age of 70.
The relaxed enforcing of the traffic violations during the Pandemics is at the end of it's term. Hopefully that will make people being more considerate and more careful.
Periodic re-certification of a driver's license should be mandatory for all the drivers, to serve as a reminder to be considerate and to refresh the memory of the rules.

Ask the authority who granted the privilege to operate a motor vehicle with 20/40 vision, ask the source who passed the driving test. Some places already have the mandatory vision test for drivers over the age of 70, but is that enough to safeguard everyone's safety ?
The insurance rate reflects on the accident claim, everyone will start to get some discount after the age of 50, then the rate will reverse the trend by going higher after the age of 70.
The relaxed enforcing of the traffic violations during the Pandemics is at the end of it's term. Hopefully that will make people being more considerate and more careful.
Periodic re-certification of a driver's license should be mandatory for all the drivers, to serve as a reminder to be considerate and to refresh the memory of the rules.
Dude this is a light hearted thread where we point and laugh. Nobody wants to read about what govt should and shouldn't do. Relax

Dude this is a light hearted thread where we point and laugh. Nobody wants to read about what govt should and shouldn't do. Relax
Thank you. It was getting confusing over an image of someone that clearly did not park well.

Okay, got it, no answer needed for discussion as you said. Have fun. Point and laugh then.

Could not believe my eyes when I saw this. You can clearly see this from the proshop.

Attachments

• 20201017_110125.jpg
    20201017_110125.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 35
What I love to do with these people, if possible, is to park in the next space, as neatly between the lines as I can, but be about 4 or 5" away from their driver's side door! So they can't get in their car, unless they want to crawl in the passenger side! I've had some of them waiting for me when I came out of the store. When they begin berating me, I simply ask them to look at how they are parked, and ask them a simple question. How do your eyes work?!

D8F2E15E-0A67-4429-9178-79A23A9E9DD3.jpeg
And this kills me every time I see it. Just saving space for their other car.

I think next time I would find another station.:ROFLMAO:

I mean two double parked in handicap spots. the truck on the right took 5 tries to make that happen, pretty sure hit the black suv at one point, of the 7 cars in the picture, 6 are on or over a line. just impressive.

Back