Finding Clubs on the Course

I would put the club in my bag and call the clubhouse and let them know i found it.15 years ago as a teenager i probobly would not have done that. A buddy of mine forgot an 8 iron last year, next teebox the group behind us asked if we lost a club.

Not clubs on the course but last year I found a bunch of bills (money) next to a curb in the parking lot at Golfsmith extreme. Talked to the manager and asked if anyone reported losing some money in the parking lot--didn't mention an amount and didn't count it until i was back out in the car. Counted $219 in the roll. left my phone # and got a call the next day from the store manager--a guy had come in to buy a dozen Pro V1s for his dad's birthday and it must have dropped out of his pocket when he got his car keys out. he said he didn't know exactly how much he dropped, but it was over $200. I called the guy and he couldn't believe anyone would actually turn in loose cash.
I took it in to the manager in an envelope with his name on it. Both of the store managers gave me some good deals on future purchases as a "reward".

Wow, what a stand up citizen.

I had always wanted a cg15 then one day I found one that was pretty new looking. Now I have 2 cg15 wedges, one gap one lob, and I only paid for one... Finders keepers right? just kidding hahaha the ol' white text trick

did you find it in Sarasota, FL? Because it left mine on the green in league play a few years ago and no one ever turned it in.

About 20 years a goI left a wedge on a green. We asked the four sum behind us, a mom and 3 adult sons, if they saw it. NO!

A few holes later we got backed up on a par 3 tee box so I looked in the bags of the four sum behind us and saw my wedge!!!! I took it and the mom said that her sons would kick my ass. I was playing with 3 recently retired defensive linemen from my semi pro football team. They towered over everyone and jumped up for their chance to hit someone. After begging them not to fight and telling the mom that she had 3 choices, 1. go to jail for stealing, 2. watch her sons get their asses kicked to the hospital, 3. leave the course immediately as we did not want to have them behind us.

They left. I still have that wedge too.

Awesome. Always good to have some huge dudes that got your back lol

I've found a few clubs and head covers. Always handed them in. Then one day last year I forgot a water bottle, a cheap one in brushed steel aluminum or whatever at the 15th tee on my home course. After nr18 I went back and it was gone + no one handed it in. It was dirt cheap to buy but wtc! Who would want to steal my water bottle? Things like that really pisses me off. Golf in Sweden is unfortunately apparently "finders market".

Taptaptap!

If you were serious, I hope you're never behind my group if one of us leaves a club.

It would never even cross my mind to keep something I found like that...:confused2:

Yesterday I was met with a very difficult decision. On the 8th green of my local course I found a brand new 60° Vokey Wedge. My next planned purchase is, you guessed it, a 60° Vokey Wedge. I asked everyone I could see if it was theirs and when I finished my round I took it by the clubhouse. The employee said he just got a call from the mildly distraught owner who said, "it's a brand new Vokey, no one is ever going to turn it in!"

So what is everyone's "karma policy" on found equipment? Should I buy a lottery ticket, expect an ace or just appreciate getting to demo a nice 60° for a few holes?

Turn it in every time. There is no debating.

Alex

I had always wanted a cg15 then one day I found one that was pretty new looking. Now I have 2 cg15 wedges, one gap one lob, and I only paid for one... Finders keepers right? just kidding hahaha the ol' white text trick

Ok, makes more sense now....:D

Someone turned in my 7 iron the other day. I most certainly would turn in a club without hesitation.

You cant take the club in my eyes that's stealing. you shouldnt hit the club either I wouldn't want anyone to hit my clubs without permision. I aways give clubs I find to the cart girl to try and get it back to the owner during his round every time the club has been returned and it has been one or two goups ahead of me.

How,is this a tough decision ? It's not yours,it was accidently left on the course.the only course of action is to turn it into the pro shop.what happens after that,who knows. I can't believe you played with another club.

I had always wanted a cg15 then one day I found one that was pretty new looking. Now I have 2 cg15 wedges, one gap one lob, and I only paid for one... Finders keepers right?

did you find it in Sarasota, FL? Because it left mine on the green in league play a few years ago and no one ever turned it in.

Still waiting for the answer to this one. So, bump!

Still waiting for the answer to this one. So, bump!

Haha, it really miss that club too! I kept peeking in bags of guys in the league to see if it could find it and call somebody out for being a cheap bastage

Ahh, thanks for that. Whiteout text is dumb....for obvious reasons.

Anytime, first experience with the white text but agree.

Tapaway!

I think I'd have to be the one doing the hurting if someone asked me if I had their club, I told them I didn't and they still looked in my bag as if I were lying. Golf is a game of honor, if someone says they don't have it, I'd have to take them at their word, even if I didn't believe them. By assuming they are lying to you, you are no better than they are if they did indeed have the club.

About 20 years a goI left a wedge on a green. We asked the four sum behind us, a mom and 3 adult sons, if they saw it. NO!

A few holes later we got backed up on a par 3 tee box so I looked in the bags of the four sum behind us and saw my wedge!!!! I took it and the mom said that her sons would kick my ass. I was playing with 3 recently retired defensive linemen from my semi pro football team. They towered over everyone and jumped up for their chance to hit someone. After begging them not to fight and telling the mom that she had 3 choices, 1. go to jail for stealing, 2. watch her sons get their asses kicked to the hospital, 3. leave the course immediately as we did not want to have them behind us.

I would have taken them at their word, wouldn't have dared to look into their bag if they had told me they didn't have it. I'm not saying they did the right thing, but as an adult, we have a responsibility to keep up with our own stuff. The net result is good that you got it back, but I don't feel like the end justified the means. Just my opinion, no judgement here.

I would have taken them at their word, wouldn't have dared to look into their bag if they had told me they didn't have it. I'm not saying they did the right thing, but as an adult, we have a responsibility to keep up with our own stuff. The net result is good that you got it back, but I don't feel like the end justified the means. Just my opinion, no judgement here.

I see both ways, but if you know they have to have (and it was obvious he was right), then things change a little.

I think I'd have to be the one doing the hurting if someone asked me if I had their club, I told them I didn't and they still looked in my bag as if I were lying. Golf is a game of honor, if someone says they don't have it, I'd have to take them at their word, even if I didn't believe them. By assuming they are lying to you, you are no better than they are if they did indeed have the club.

I completely disagree, they are not even close to same. If you have or I have or anyone has reasonable suspicion that the some has your club, I see nothing wrong with a quick peak.
I have done it and I was right. The guy was speechless and his buddies apologetic. IMO of logic is on your side then nothing wrong with double checking. And it seems that more often then not you or I would be right.

So does that mean when someone comes into my shop, I have a fair incling that they have pocketed something, I confront them about it and they say no they haven't I should take that at face value because I know the guy also plays golf?
This actually happened. A guy from the local club pinched something from my shop, I confronted him he said he hadn't I asked him to empty his bag and sure enough it was in there. Should I have taken him for his word because I knew he was a golfer and therefore bound by some gentlemans honor?

I don't think it is wrong to peek even after someone has said they don't have it. This may come as a shock but sometimes there is some drinking or other things going on during a round of golf. I have seen people in the same foursome put other peoples' clubs in their bag without realizing it.

Back