Finding Clubs on the Course

I lost a CG15 last fall. It was on a member's only night at the course, so odds are I know the guy who ended up with it and have probably played with him before.

I always turn it in. I hate losing clubs and I don't want it to happen to someone else.

My CG10 was from the lost club bin at my course. I look in there once and a while to see if my wedge somehow got in there. The CG10 had been in there since last May. Few weeks ago I just asked if I could have it. Sure enough, it's all mine now!

I've found headcovers and wedges/gloves on course before. More times than not, it belongs to the group in front of me and I just saved them a trip back. Sometimes, they didn't even realize it was missing.

Yesterday I was met with a very difficult decision. On the 8th green of my local course I found a brand new 60° Vokey Wedge. My next planned purchase is, you guessed it, a 60° Vokey Wedge. I asked everyone I could see if it was theirs and when I finished my round I took it by the clubhouse. The employee said he just got a call from the mildly distraught owner who said, "it's a brand new Vokey, no one is ever going to turn it in!"

So what is everyone's "karma policy" on found equipment? Should I buy a lottery ticket, expect an ace or just appreciate getting to demo a nice 60° for a few holes?
Feel good about your decision. I left a Bushnell V2 rangefinder in the golf cart last year & someone turned that in - couldn't believe it. I've turned in a half dozen or so clubs - what comes around goes around.

Absolutely turn it in. I've found a club a few times, each time the owner came looking before i made it back to the clubhouse.
I use to be bad about doing the same thing. Now I always lay my clubs with my putter cover. My putter never goes in the bag without its cover, so if I do forget them on the green, I turn around immediately.

I find a bunch of clubs on the course. I always turn them in. I wouldn't have a use if I kept them because they're all righty. Lol. But yeah, I say turn it in.

I find a bunch of clubs on the course. I always turn them in. I wouldn't have a use if I kept them because they're all righty. Lol. But yeah, I say turn it in.

This haha
I don't think I have ever found a lefty club on the course

This haha

No point in keeping it if I can't use it. Besides, I don't think I've ever seen a club made after 1990 though. They're all really old and in bad shape. I just use my good side and turn them in lol.

This haha

I have...and he was playing in the group right in front of us. Carried his club for 4 holes, and he must not have needed it. He headed back out after the round looking for it, and I asked him if he wanted to buy a pitching wedge cheap...:D

I had always wanted a cg15 then one day I found one that was pretty new looking. Now I have 2 cg15 wedges, one gap one lob, and I only paid for one... Finders keepers right? just kidding hahaha the ol' white text trick

I had always wanted a cg15 then one day I found one that was pretty new looking. Now I have 2 cg15 wedges, one gap one lob, and I only paid for one... Finders keepers right? just kidding hahaha the ol' white text trick

.....OMGZ. You should be in jail or something. (more weird computer teenage talk)

I always turn in everything I find to the clubhouse; clubs, headcovers, divot tools, .... Last weekend I lost a Scotty Cameron divot tool and wouldn't you know it; nobody turned it in. :(

Not clubs on the course but last year I found a bunch of bills (money) next to a curb in the parking lot at Golfsmith extreme. Talked to the manager and asked if anyone reported losing some money in the parking lot--didn't mention an amount and didn't count it until i was back out in the car. Counted $219 in the roll. left my phone # and got a call the next day from the store manager--a guy had come in to buy a dozen Pro V1s for his dad's birthday and it must have dropped out of his pocket when he got his car keys out. he said he didn't know exactly how much he dropped, but it was over $200. I called the guy and he couldn't believe anyone would actually turn in loose cash.
I took it in to the manager in an envelope with his name on it. Both of the store managers gave me some good deals on future purchases as a "reward".

I always turn in everything I find to the clubhouse; clubs, headcovers, divot tools, .... Last weekend I lost a Scotty Cameron divot tool and wouldn't you know it; nobody turned it in. :(
I turned in a ball marker I found on the backside of the seat on the cart. Turns out it was one of the guys who works there. (My wife thought it was his, and it was). Then he lost it for good the nest week, hahaha.

Have to bring it to the clubhouse, I would never use it either.

I have returned easily 10 clubs/covers in the 8 months I've been playing (I play a very busy course on a college campus). One day I found a really nice rangefinder but was afraid to use it thinking that the owner might roll up on me using his gear. As I turned it into the club house the worker asked if i used it and I told him no. He said to give his a try , so I did and loved it. I ended up buying one of my own a few weeks later.

Ive found a few things on the course and always handed them in. Once I even found a putter sitting at the 9th, it was on a small country course with no proshop, wasn't even manned that day. I dropped it into the local police station, turns out the lone copper was a member there and knew exactly whose it was just by looking at it, said the guy had lost his own car once when he went shopping in the city.
Once I also found a clicgear cart set up in the carpark when I got back to my car after a round with my car being the only one left there. The guy had left his wallet in it which had his business card so I gave him a call, he was about 10 mins down the road and hadn't even realised he left it there, he was very thankful, even offered a reward, told him instead that we could play 18 the next week as neither of us had a playing partner for that day. Now we are pretty good friends, play every few weeks together.

I always turnin any clubs I find on the course. Good karma.

You should rest easy that you did the right thing and know that if you lose a club at the course it will be returned.

You should rest easy that you did the right thing and know that if you lose a club at the course it will be returned.

I agree. This is a a game of honesty and respect. Always has been and hope it always will be.

I always turn everything in I find. Last year this couple was in front of me.
They just left the green. My 2nd shot was about 20 feet from the hole as I was walking up to pull the pin.
I look down a $50.00 bill was sitting there folded up about 3" from the hole.
I par the hole. :)
They were wating in the next fairway, as I pull up I ask the guy just wondering what they use to mark their ball with on the green?
The guy jumps out if his cart starts going through his pockets his eyes got big she got pissed.
I handed the 50 to her and drove away. He was getting a butt chewing as I was driving back to the tee box.
Lol.

About 20 years a goI left a wedge on a green. We asked the four sum behind us, a mom and 3 adult sons, if they saw it. NO!

A few holes later we got backed up on a par 3 tee box so I looked in the bags of the four sum behind us and saw my wedge!!!! I took it and the mom said that her sons would kick my ass. I was playing with 3 recently retired defensive linemen from my semi pro football team. They towered over everyone and jumped up for their chance to hit someone. After begging them not to fight and telling the mom that she had 3 choices, 1. go to jail for stealing, 2. watch her sons get their asses kicked to the hospital, 3. leave the course immediately as we did not want to have them behind us.

They left. I still have that wedge too.

About 20 years a goI left a wedge on a green. We asked the four sum behind us, a mom and 3 adult sons, if they saw it. NO!

A few holes later we got backed up on a par 3 tee box so I looked in the bags of the four sum behind us and saw my wedge!!!! I took it and the mom said that her sons would kick my ass. I was playing with 3 recently retired defensive linemen from my semi pro football team. They towered over everyone and jumped up for their chance to hit someone. After begging them not to fight and telling the mom that she had 3 choices, 1. go to jail for stealing, 2. watch her sons get their asses kicked to the hospital, 3. leave the course immediately as we did not want to have them behind us.

Sweet. Way to lay down the law!!

Tappin!

I don't understand why people have to be like that.
Glad you got it back.

You did the correct thing by turning it in. Even a thought of keeping it is the wrong thought each and every time. At my course, found clubs are marked with a tag with the finders name, number and the date, and if the club is not claimed in 6 months, the finder gets it first. If the finder does not claim it then, it is simply sold.

I'm not sure on your statement of "getting to demo it a few holes". I say no I guess. If I left a club behind, I would hope it wouldn't get wacked around before it gets turned in.

That seems like a good system..Now if every golf club finder had perfect morals, that would be great

Tappin!

Back