Finding Clubs on the Course

I found 2 RBZ Wedges on #11 today around the green as I was walking back to my cart!! While I was waiting to hit my second shot on #12, I drove up to the green where the foursome in front of me was to see if it was there's and sure enough one guy comes walking over and thanks me for returning them he also had RBZ woods in his bag too!! I always return any equipment I find since I would want the same thing if I left something behind.

Anything I find on the course I return it to the clubhouse, it's just the right thing to do.
Apparently practicing... No there was no driver lol

I always return them. No matter what it is. I would want the same if I left my clubs behind.

Turn it in 99% of the time. I have been to one course I would never trust to not keep it themselves. Then I leave my number for the owner.

Yesterday I was met with a very difficult decision. On the 8th green of my local course I found a brand new 60° Vokey Wedge. My next planned purchase is, you guessed it, a 60° Vokey Wedge. I asked everyone I could see if it was theirs and when I finished my round I took it by the clubhouse. The employee said he just got a call from the mildly distraught owner who said, "it's a brand new Vokey, no one is ever going to turn it in!"

So what is everyone's "karma policy" on found equipment? Should I buy a lottery ticket, expect an ace or just appreciate getting to demo a nice 60° for a few holes?

I would hand it in as soon as i find it for 2 reasons:

1. The person might want to leave but they could be staying to see if anyone brings it back

2. I never loose things that i own but, often loose things that belong to someone else. I've almost lost 3 of my high school golf coach's irons while using his sets.

I would bet we have 5 or 6 clubs per week turned in along with a plethora of hats, jackets, gloves and assorted extras. Most never get claimed and the majority is junk, but I stick most in the rental sets is unclaimed after 3 weeks.

You have to turn them in...

I once left three wedges on a hole... TWO which were older were turned in... BUT the brand new Cleveland 60degree 588 rtg wasn't turned in.. even though they were all left at the exact same location next to the hole...

I know it's my fault that I left them... and it was the 18th green.. so I didn't need them later to realize... anyway.. keeping a club you find is stealing in my mind.

I am so pissed off right now, I have been all day. Twice the group in front of us left a wedge on the green on the front, both were new Trusty Rusty's. I gave it back both times. I felt good about it. Tenth green I go for my 60* and I see it's missing. I think back and clearly remember leaving it on the edge of the 8th green. I drive back and it's magically gone. I ask the group on the ninth tee, they truthfully said they did not have it. I went and asked the group on the 9th green, who MUST have had the wedge because they were the group behind us. I asked if they had picked up a wedge, and they didn't speak. I then asked for them to please give me my wedge because nobody else could possibly have had it. Quite a coincidence that the guy took a chip shot with a CG10 wedge that had the exact worn down NDMC blue grip I had on mine. He insisted it was his, then they both jumped into their cart, sped away to their car, and left as they saw me going to the clubhouse to deal with the problem. I trust they won't be going back there again. Guys like that are the scum of the earth. Had the guy been a little smaller I probably would have socked him right in the face when he said it was his.

I am so pissed off right now, I have been all day. Twice the group in front of us left a wedge on the green on the front, both were new Trusty Rusty's. I gave it back both times. I felt good about it. Tenth green I go for my 60* and I see it's missing. I think back and clearly remember leaving it on the edge of the 8th green. I drive back and it's magically gone. I ask the group on the ninth tee, they truthfully said they did not have it. I went and asked the group on the 9th green, who MUST have had the wedge because they were the group behind us. I asked if they had picked up a wedge, and they didn't speak. I then asked for them to please give me my wedge because nobody else could possibly have had it. Quite a coincidence that the guy took a chip shot with a CG10 wedge that had the exact worn down NDMC blue grip I had on mine. He insisted it was his, then they both jumped into their cart, sped away to their car, and left as they saw me going to the clubhouse to deal with the problem. I trust they won't be going back there again. Guys like that are the scum of the earth. Had the guy been a little smaller I probably would have socked him right in the face when he said it was his.

That bites. Before reading this thread I never realized how many dishonest golfers there were out there. Guess I will have to develop a system to keep a better watch on my clubs. I am notorious for leaving them around the green but have always had them returned so far.

That sucks!
Sorry to hear that.

Back