Do You Pickleball?

Probably......I wasn't there. ;)
Shocked Cat GIF

I've just got into it and hate to be that guy, but why not use this community to ask "What paddle should I get?"

Are there any decent paddle around the $100 mark?

Ooof. This would be too easy
Although the downstairs area was kind of off limits for table tennis when I was at Arbor, and I couldn’t get to see JB’s skills … knowing @JB ’s tennis background, I think he takes you down @Templet0n

Pickleball = Putt Putt
Tennis = Golf

Your choice...
I think I would do pretty well at pickle ball, but I really enjoy tennis

I wouldn’t be against going to play pickle ball if someone invited me though

I've just got into it and hate to be that guy, but why not use this community to ask "What paddle should I get?"

Are there any decent paddle around the $100 mark?
Look up Vatic Prism Flash

Look up Vatic Prism Flash
That is definitely the one I got my eye on. I also was looking at this guy Bantam TS-5. I'm just lost with all the weights and lengths, i got some cheapo $25 set right now.

Much put this in golf terms for me.

Prism Flash 14mm is defined by Vatic as "Light, Poppy, Easy to Use"
Prism Flash 16mm is defined as Plush, "Forgiving, Easy to Use"
Prism V7 16mm is defined as "Plush, Large Sweet Spot Forgving" this is the "X" driver right, most forviging version?

Is the 14mm for old people basically? Is that like an iron with a 55g shaft?

Last edited:
That is definitely the one I got my eye on. I also was looking at this guy Bantam TS-5. I'm just lost with all the weights and lengths, i got some cheapo $25 set right now.
Vatic is a company that I think is the absolute winner at that price. It’s a comparable paddle to much more expensive paddles that do the same thing. You won’t be upset with that purchase

There is a huge group in our CC that gets out there and plays for hours. I hated tennis, but gave pickle ball a try. It was kinda fun, but my knee just couldn't handle it and didn't want to push my knee into some type of replacement situation. But I must say, it was fun.

We just moved to Sun City West, AZ where they have 30 Pickleball courts. Can anyone recommend a good decent all-around paddle/racquet for my wife and me? We're both good athletes, so looking for a good performance/value combination. Thanks!

We just moved to Sun City West, AZ where they have 30 Pickleball courts. Can anyone recommend a good decent all-around paddle/racquet for my wife and me? We're both good athletes, so looking for a good performance/value combination. Thanks!
What are you looking to spend? Recommendation would change a bit depending on that

What are you looking to spend? Recommendation would change a bit depending on that
I was thinking we'd try something like this at ~$100: https://www.pickleheads.com/pickleball-gear/vatic-pro-prism-flash-review

And if we really got into it and wanted a better paddle, start looking at the more expensive carbon-fiber options. If carbon-fiber is the gold standard, we'd likely look for used ones or try to keep under $125.

I appreciate any thoughts you have - TIA!

I was thinking we'd try something like this at ~$100: https://www.pickleheads.com/pickleball-gear/vatic-pro-prism-flash-review

And if we really got into it and wanted a better paddle, start looking at the more expensive carbon-fiber options. If carbon-fiber is the gold standard, we'd likely look for used ones or try to keep under $125.

I appreciate any thoughts you have - TIA!
You absolutely can’t go wrong with the Flash. Already raw carbon fiber face and it’s the very top of charts for paddles in that price category. Honestly should be more expensive with how nice it is.

is it worth it to get something like the 50-60$ paddles at Dicks like

or will I quickly hate it and want something better?
I mean I’m sure it will get the job done for you. But if you end up linking it and want to play more, you’ll quickly want to move on. I bought a $60 paddle, fell in love and had a more expensive one a week later

IMG_4482.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg
I think this used to be a Dollar Store. So many closed businesses repurposed for Pickle Ball.

I mean I’m sure it will get the job done for you. But if you end up linking it and want to play more, you’ll quickly want to move on. I bought a $60 paddle, fell in love and had a more expensive one a week later
that is exactly what I was wondering

Been pondering the sport lately. Might start a weekly thing with my golf buddy for something additional to do. Starting to have more of these courts installed in our parks as of recent.

Been pondering the sport lately. Might start a weekly thing with my golf buddy for something additional to do. Starting to have more of these courts installed in our parks as of recent.
I’ve been casually asking my friends if they want to start up a weekly game. They’ve all laughed at me so far.

I’ve been casually asking my friends if they want to start up a weekly game. They’ve all laughed at me so far.
They are missing out. I had to convince some of my friends and now they love it

If you get them to actually play they might change their tune. Once you actually play, it’s pretty fun

IMG_4490.jpeg
Wingman doing xtra duty.

Back