Do You Pickleball?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had other threads, but wanted to ask here.
Do you play pickleball?
Do you take it seriously or just a social game?

Never have, don't have any interest currently. I know others that do and really enjoy it.

I do and haven’t played in a long time. Taken more as a social outlet than competitive.

Have never played. Looks fun i suppose.

Oh yeah! Just socially so far. Our friends put a court in their driveway and other friends put one in their barn.
We are getting dedicated courts in a town park this summer.

I haven't played and don't expect to take it up in the future.

I don't but know several who do. It's crazy how big this sport is getting for the masses (non-retirees).

Nope. Never really even seen it played. I maybe would try. 🤷‍♂️

Nope. Honestly haven't seen it anywhere around here either, though I haven't been searching for it

Yes, a lot last summer, but more as a recreational/cardio thing vs getting super serious about it.

Havent played in a while though.

No… But it’s getting popular.

Im Not No Way GIF

None for me. Too much of a klutz as it is, don't need to be breaking any ankles.

I think I played pickleball as part of PE when I was little, but have not played since then. I see pickleball everywhere and just about every tennis court I walk by is being used for pickleball.

Never tried, don't anticipate I will, not sure I read it here @ THP or not but aren't ER rooms seeing a lot of pickleball injuries coming in.

My in-laws play socially and I have colleagues who play but one recently tore their ACL playing. Our athletic trainer said that in many ways it is more taxing on the joints because of short, quick movements, rather than sprints, etc. I wonder how many pickleball injuries are cropping up at the Villages.

I think I wouldn't care about the social aspect only the workout part , so I would stick to tennis I guess.

I haven't yet. Not opposed. I think its funny that my parents love it, never thought I see them both pick up the same sport.

Have not played but would love to try it.

I don’t but I want to. It looks like a fun way to stay active. I just can’t get my wife or son to agree to try it out. I was decent at weekend afternoon tennis. I couldn’t compete with the night tennis crew. I figure I’d be able to not embarrass myself if I do try it.

I do play. More fun than I thought, and you do get a workout. But play more socially, although my weekend house community has an end of year pickleball tournament. But its all fun.

Paging @X.Man , professional pickleballer.

Don't play. Not interested. Will never play unless my kids or wife want to play.

Never played, never want to play.

I stopped running around after I quit chasing people.

Ohhhhh let's go! Pickleball threads!

I just got in to it last year and absolutely fell in love with it. Started off socially but I've gotten way more competitive with it since I started. Entered two tournaments last year. One I just did singles and the other I did all three (singles, mixed doubles, mens doubles). Already mapping out the tournaments I'll be playing in this year as well. But it's really easy to have it just be social for me too. My wife enjoys it so depending on who I play with or if she's there, I can tone it down a lot or get really competitive with a few people who I play with.

A couple of us were missing it so much, we with went out to the court last Saturday and shoveled show off of it to get some practice in. The weather this week is all 45+ and sunny so it melted the small snow layer we couldn't get off with shovels and we played yesterday for two hours. I am so enthralled with this game

Back