Do You Pickleball?

I can’t even move a ladder without slipping a disc in my back. Last thing I need to do is get hurt on a Pickleball court πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
He's just not even acknowledging it, didn't even respond to the text either! Can't say I really blame him. :ROFLMAO:
Probably at his third place mega celebration with his pickle pals. πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Took third in singles today!
Dude that’s impressive! I’ve been playing a lot, im in that phase right now where I know what I can get away with versus not very good players and what I cant with great players. Learning quickly and improving quickly too! So much different than Golf πŸ˜‚

Dude that’s impressive! I’ve been playing a lot, im in that phase right now where I know what I can get away with versus not very good players and what I cant with great players. Learning quickly and improving quickly too! So much different than Golf πŸ˜‚
I learned today that I’m not up to par in doubles. We fell apart in the elimination round multiple times. Two games we lost we got to 12 (played to 15) when they had 5 or 6. Lost focus. Didn’t do very well today. On to mixed tomorrow!

I learned today that I’m not up to par in doubles. We fell apart in the elimination round multiple times. Two games we lost we got to 12 when they had 5 or 6. Lost focus. Didn’t do very well today. On to mixed tomorrow!
Right on! Doubles are hard! Relies so much on communication and chemistry! Good luck man!

I learned today that I’m not up to par in doubles. We fell apart in the elimination round multiple times. Two games we lost we got to 12 when they had 5 or 6. Lost focus. Didn’t do very well today. On to mixed tomorrow!
Good luck

Mixed didn’t get results. But it was the first time we ever played together with neither of us able to practice essentially all winter. We competed with every single team though and only lost one game badly. If we play together again, I think we’d do really well.

Man, I love pickleball

Mixed didn’t get results. But it was the first time we ever played together with neither of us able to practice essentially all winter. We competed with every single team though and only lost one game badly. If we play together again, I think we’d do really well.

Man, I love pickleball
You should start thepicklersparadise.com 😎

On FS1 now is Pickleball from Austin Teaxas @Muchmore

On FS1 now is Pickleball from Austin Teaxas @Muchmore
I’d guess it’s a replay. Half the tournament has been rain delayed this weekend. They aren’t even finishing the tournament until tomorrow. Watched as much as I could this weekend between my own tournament and a weekend with the wife!

Love that it’s getting on TV even if it is a replay!

A group of neighborhood guys have been playing on Saturday or Sunday mornings the past month. I’m hooked. Although we did have a guy go down today, we think it will be Achilles tear, it was so weird how it happened, just a freak thing..

I’m about to the point where I want to upgrade the cheepo paddle I have. I’ve been eyeing the Vatic Prism Flash, as a nice intro and not into the ultra premium yet. @Muchmore, I think I remember you endorsing or having some experience with that paddle?

A group of neighborhood guys have been playing on Saturday or Sunday mornings the past month. I’m hooked. Although we did have a guy go down today, we think it will be Achilles tear, it was so weird how it happened, just a freak thing..

I’m about to the point where I want to upgrade the cheepo paddle I have. I’ve been eyeing the Vatic Prism Flash, as a nice intro and not into the ultra premium yet. @Muchmore, I think I remember you endorsing or having some experience with that paddle?
It’s a stellar paddle!

And speaking of achilles injuries, tennis pro turned pickleball pro Sam Querry went down with an achillies injury this weekend at a tournament. That scares the hell out of me. I still want to play as much as possible, that injury specifically though has been in the back of my head

Just found this thread and haven’t read through all of it, but the first page is a lot different from this page in terms of like PB vs dislike. I got consumed by the sport for about 6 years. Even quit playing golf. Got competitive in tournaments - doubles, mixed doubles and some singles. But it became an obsession and I was playing 4-5 days a week, just to stay ready for tournaments. I didn’t realize what I was doing to my body. After I took a month or so off, I felt SO much better! And for the most part, I’d play against quite a few of the same people in every tournament, but was paying around $100 to do so. Just seemed off.

I only play socially now, and only a couple of times a month. It’s a great social game!

Just found this thread and haven’t read through all of it, but the first page is a lot different from this page in terms of like PB vs dislike. I got consumed by the sport for about 6 years. Even quit playing golf. Got competitive in tournaments - doubles, mixed doubles and some singles. But it became an obsession and I was playing 4-5 days a week, just to stay ready for tournaments. I didn’t realize what I was doing to my body. After I took a month or so off, I felt SO much better! And for the most part, I’d play against quite a few of the same people in every tournament, but was paying around $100 to do so. Just seemed off.

I only play socially now, and only a couple of times a month. It’s a great social game!
I’ve played in three tournaments so far and it seems like I’m playing a lot of the same people too. But I have to travel for them so it’s not people I would play regularly. I totally get that though!

I’ve played in three tournaments so far and it seems like I’m playing a lot of the same people too. But I have to travel for them so it’s not people I would play regularly. I totally get that though!
Yeah, I only played in tournaments within a 3-4 hour drive. Lots of my friends traveled all over the country, making sure they got into some qualifying tournaments for Nationals. I never played Nationals because it was always held in Indian Wells, but last year it was in Dallas and I had already gotten out of the tournament thing.

It’s a crazy addictive sport. Access is so easy and you can get good really fast, especially if you played another racket sport. The badminton guys are usually really good - they see all of the angles.

My wife and I are going to Grand Haven, Michigan in June for a 2 day Intermediate Pickleball Camp. Look forward to it and spending some time near Mackinac Island!

And speaking of achilles injuries, tennis pro turned pickleball pro Sam Querry went down with an achillies injury this weekend at a tournament. That scares the hell out of me. I still want to play as much as possible, that injury specifically though has been in the back of my head
Yeah my buddy couldn’t believe it happens. He’s a big tennis player. It really came out o log left field. He was moving towards the net to hit one over and just went down.

any recommendations for a beginners set? are the sets on amazon like mten any good?

Back