Callaway Paradym Hybrids

IMG_0841.jpeg
Its here and it’s a beaut

It took one swing to fall in love. Absolutely smoked the first ball. This club is a beast.

I am really enjoying both the 3 and 5 standard Paradym Hybrids. They aren't crazy hook machines for me, and they are so easy to elevate, off the tee, rough, and tight lies.

Highlight shot of my recent rounds. I found a fairway bunker with my tee shot on the par 5 18th. I had about 210 to the flag into the wind playing about 225. The bunkers are in early season condition: wet and very packed. Seemed like the perfect lie to try to get out with a hybrid. I used the 3 hybrid and got pin high with a beautiful high shot, that faded just a bit with the ball below my feet. Left me with a greenside bunker shot that I got up and down for a birdie.

If I just put a good swing on it, these hybrids just fly.
Hi.. Curious if when deciding on getting the standard paradym, you considered the X model?... My current hybrid is an XR16 5 hybrid, but because i changed to an apex black iron set 5 to AW, I felt like a better gapping is a 4 hybrid and then a 5W.. But again just wondering if you felt the standard was relatively easy to hit and not hook crazy like older models tended to do.
My swing isn't fast, so for me I would mostly like to get a hybrid that is easy to hit , somewhat high and doesnt tend to hook..

On a mostly forgettable front 9, the hybrids kept me from pulling my hair out. First hole basically straight tip a driver 110 yards. Had 206 into a front pin, pulled 4H and ended up on the green. Proceeded to 3 putt for bogey… but the hybrid gave me a chance after a dreadful tee shot.

then best hole of the day on the short par 5 6th.

IMG_4764.jpg
Coming after a very stinky triple (toe hooked one into the water, then 3 putted…) was nice to have a makeable eagle putt, which I of course left just short in the jaws. But a tap in birdie was just what I needed.

I know that everyone is really excited about the drivers, but I think the hybrids might be the sleepers of the new release. The face is super hot, and they are so easy to get into the air.

Played with the 3 and 4h today. The 3h I kept hitting a bit fat...just a little behind it, and overdrew it some. I have my work cut out for me to make more consistent contact... The 4h was just clutch though! Hit it well all day long and it's becoming a favorite of mine already just a few rounds in. The Paradym hybrid heads are slightly larger in size to the Rogue ST hybrids I was using. I think a little bit of the getting used to them is becoming accustomed to the size of the club itself

Just 3 and 5. My bag goes driver, 3w, 3h, 5h, 5i on down.
3 & 5 hybrid is what I run with also. Enjoyed reading your updates and really everyone who has contributed to this thread. I need to move on from my apex ‘14 3 & 5 hybrid and will read this thread thoroughly this weekend. I’m hoping to pick something up by Sunday.

Any further thoughts or updates on forgiveness? I can hook it with them best and bury the lead edge into the ground like a champ. Hoping to mitigate both of those tendencies…

These hybrids are so fun and easy to hit. I put one in play for the Budget Championship and I can only think of one swing that didn't turn out with a positive result. Used it off the tee, fairway, and rough. Super versatile and a great ball flight.

These hybrids are so fun and easy to hit. I put one in play for the Budget Championship and I can only think of one swing that didn't turn out with a positive result. Used it off the tee, fairway, and rough. Super versatile and a great ball flight.

Yeah, they are amazing. what loft and model you roll with?

Yeah, they are amazing. what loft and model you roll with?

So I had a 21 head in the X model, that I played at 22. @xThor brought me a Recoil Dart 75 shaft to pop in(which reminds me buddy, I need to send that back to you).

So I had a 21 head in the X model, that I played at 22. @xThor brought me a Recoil Dart 75 shaft to pop in(which reminds me buddy, I need to send that back to you).

I have the 21 X set at 23... I love it. Means I never hit the 5I because I always grab this. Glad you are enjoying it!

I have the 21 X set at 23... I love it. Means I never hit the 5I because I always grab this. Glad you are enjoying it!

I could see myself adding another loft. My setup this week was 19 UW, 22 Paradym X, and 26 Apex 2015 version. I feel like I can hit that Apex one anywhere from 170 to 195 if need be. But these make an argument for possibly adding something else there.

I could see myself adding another loft. My setup this week was 19 UW, 22 Paradym X, and 26 Apex 2015 version. I feel like I can hit that Apex one anywhere from 170 to 195 if need be. But these make an argument for possibly adding something else there.

I had a 24* apex 21 before this, was the most reliable club in the bag for me. I got fit into 18/21 at ECPC (both X and w/hzrdus silver) and I lofted both up 2* and am loving what I am seeing. I am doing a fitting in a few weeks ideally to find a FW wood I can get up in the air and most likely pull 5I out of the bag since I never hit it.

These are super versatile, I could very easily add another higher lofted one in the bag and replace another iron.

I have to give a major shout out to the hybrid. My driver was not cooporating at my golf week event and I was using it off the tee. It was money all day. It was a tourney saver.

I can’t say enough good things about it. Literally my go to club off the tee now. 2 missed fairways in like tourneys now. Had an absolutely amazing recovery shot Saturday out of thick rough over water from 223. That hybrid is an absolute force.

I can’t say enough good things about it. Literally my go to club off the tee now. 2 missed fairways in like tourneys now. Had an absolutely amazing recovery shot Saturday out of thick rough over water from 223. That hybrid is an absolute force.
That’s an impressive shot.

Love my 5 hybrid it’s perfect for those longer par threes.

I continue to tell anyone who is interested that the Paradym hybrids are the sleeper of the release. Off the tee, these things are rocket launchers.

The distance I get is unreal. Here, you can see how we haven't had rain for about 3 weeks... :oops: Tee balls with my 3 hybrid...

1685972207724.png

I continue to tell anyone who is interested that the Paradym hybrids are the sleeper of the release. Off the tee, these things are rocket launchers.

The distance I get is unreal. Here, you can see how we haven't had rain for about 3 weeks... :oops: Tee balls with my 3 hybrid...

View attachment 9184068
I saw @ddec immediately put a higher lofted one in the bag during the Budget Championship and DO WORK with it.

I saw @ddec immediately put a higher lofted one in the bag during the Budget Championship and DO WORK with it.
I have gotten to know the bottom end of the face rather well, and it just isn't a fair club. :ROFLMAO:

I have struggled with 5/6 in my irons (it is 100% mental by me) so I have thought about grabbing another higher lofted one of these because they are so DANG good for me.

I have struggled with 5/6 in my irons (it is 100% mental by me) so I have thought about grabbing another higher lofted one of these because they are so DANG good for me.
Im going off memory, but I believe he is rocking the 5 and it was an absolute weapon around Ballyhack.

Im going off memory, but I believe he is rocking the 5 and it was an absolute weapon around Ballyhack.

yeah 5 in the X that I played around 22 I’m heavily pondering non-X version and replacing the OG Apex hybrid. Probably get the 24 model and tinker up with the loft. Seeing Zhang hit a hybrid to win that tournament yesterday got me thinking about it even more.

yeah 5 in the X that I played around 22 I’m heavily pondering non-X version and replacing the OG Apex hybrid. Probably get the 24 model and tinker up with the loft. Seeing Zhang hit a hybrid to win that tournament yesterday got me thinking about it even more.

I have both mine at +2 and played around with D yesterday and yowzers, so good. The 5H in X (I could go either way, but I have loved the X in the 3/4), loft it up and throw it in the bag is very much in ponder mode. Just so easy to hit.

I have both mine at +2 and played around with D yesterday and yowzers, so good. The 5H in X (I could go either way, but I have loved the X in the 3/4), loft it up and throw it in the bag is very much in ponder mode. Just so easy to hit.

yeah the X in that 22 fits just what I want(I think, or at least currently). I would probably drop to the normal for a higher loft to give me a little bit more of a transition into my irons. I still loathe 5 irons.

Back