Callaway Paradym Hybrids

These are the sneaky underrated clubs of the Paradym release, in my opinion

You can’t argue with an over 200 yd hybrid into a par 3 and hold the green

2B75649F-CCEB-4416-B7E3-8B7FD20815B7.jpeg

I picked up a 4H today. I was fitted for a set with 4H and 5H a few weeks ago.
I can't hit a 3W to save my life and the 4H was going just as long.

During my fitting I tried out the Paradym 3W and 5W thinking (hoping) that those would be my fairway clubs. My fitter said that I am better at hitting hybrids and decided to make up my set without a fairway wood replacing them with hybrids instead. Couldn't be more happier. After 30 years of trying I am ready to make peace with myself and just give up trying to use a 3W in my bag.

I’m kinda wondering why I ordered a Paradym SH. I hit this 18* so good. The SH will have to really be something special for me to move on From this one.

Hybrids continue to be a strong part of the bag. If the rough is reasonable, the sole just gets through it. Really gives you a chance for some low spin rockets, very useful on a missed par 5 fairway. Off the tee, I can get a few more yards out of it, great when you are forced to layup or the hole is too tight for driver.

Played in our clubs 5 Club tournament, (no more than 5 clubs in your bag, pick whichever 5 you want) and was waffling on how to set up the bag. After going 3H/3H and getting home in two on a par 5 on couple weeks ago, I figured that would be where I started my set up. 3H, 7I, PW, SW, Putter was the final roster.

Cut to the tournament and I missed 2 fairways all day, 1 of them I hit into a hazard which I didn't think I could reach.... I struck irons poorly and putted like a methed out monkey (6 3 jacks!) but the hybrid was dang solid all day. On 3 of the 4 par 5s I had a chance to get home in two (about 6100 yards, so not playing super long), 1 of them I was too close for the hybrid so laid up with 7I.

Just fantastic and glad that I have another option off the tee if I need it as well as being my go to club on 2nd shots into par 5s.

Last edited:
The maiden, scramble round, with this did not disappoint, I love the dart in it, and the ball flys!

Just ordered a fun little experiment in replacing my 5i. A Paradym 6H/27° with Hzrdus Silver 75 S.

I toyed with an OL 4h, but couldn't find any and found this one on the cheap in an end of season sale.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

These bailed me out of trouble yesterday! I had several holes where I needed the hybrid (4H as my swing was atrocious) to gey near the green. The Paradym hybrids were made for forgiveness. I was swinging like garbage and had toe hits everywhere but these just kept going straight

Case in point - Par 3 over 200yards out. I don’t have an iron in that range, but the hybrid- saving the day

View attachment 9191796
The only criticism I have of these is there’s no 17 degrees lost option. I want a 2h! I know the 19 well - but a 17 would be $$$$

My 6h is waiting for me when I get back on Saturday. So the first range session will naturally be Saturday and a round hopefully on Sunday.

My 6h is waiting for me when I get back on Saturday. So the first range session will naturally be Saturday and a round hopefully on Sunday.
6h is interesting -would love to hear your experiences - I’m still struggling with the 5i -> 5h transition!

6h is interesting -would love to hear your experiences - I’m still struggling with the 5i -> 5h transition!
I'll be sure to keep you guys up to speed. I really like my hybrids to be adjustable for better gapping control. I currently play my 3h +2 and 4h +1.

The Weather Spann gloves may be the star this year, but these still win for being the most underrated part of the lineup. Just absolutely flushed a 4h over 200 yards on a tight par 5 lined with water

1695983719732.png

First range session with the Paradym 6h + Hzrdus Silver 70S combo.

Initial thoughts:
  • This thing is heavy 😶 I kind of figured it would be a bit heavier, with the high loft and construction, but it feels noticably heavier than for example my King Tec. Now is it a problem? No. I'd say the weight actually contributes to putting an iron swing into it, because it just feels like you need to do so.
  • When I hit it flush, the ball flight is stunning. High, little draw and about 160m with range balls, so should be the 170m I'm looking for with real balls. And it's adjustable, which is important to me for tinkering with gaps.
  • Forgiveness seems really good too. I hit it on the toe and heel during testing. On purpose of course 🙊🤦 The ball flight flattens and gets shorter on the extreme ends, but I didn't see a single one that would have not stayed on a fairway with those. Hit the green? Probably not, but as long as your on the middle half of the club, there's very little noticable change in ball flight. Well done Callaway.
  • I can't wait to put this into play on the course.
IMG_20230930_173823_Bokeh.jpgIMG_20230930_173832_Bokeh.jpgIMG_20230930_173850.jpg

I'd say this is quite consistent. I'll think about turning it down one degree if it seems to stay in the 165m slot, to get it to about 170m.
1696179406982.png

So the main thing love about this club is sound wise you always know when you smoked it. Like it’s not loud but it’s got a ping to it. Earlier this week I stepped into a 225-230 second shot on the par 5 in darkness and just let it rip. It ended up level with the pin off the green after it disappeared into the dark abyss. I do like the silver haz shaft callaway put in. I’m not sure it’s the perfect shaft but I think it’s been very solid. As I’ve mentioned before it’s pretty great for weird bump and runs off the greens. I haven’t been able to try the super hybrid to compare but I loved the Apex UW hybrid as much this one.

So the main thing love about this club is sound wise you always know when you smoked it. Like it’s not loud but it’s got a ping to it. Earlier this week I stepped into a 225-230 second shot on the par 5 in darkness and just let it rip. It ended up level with the pin off the green after it disappeared into the dark abyss. I do like the silver haz shaft callaway put in. I’m not sure it’s the perfect shaft but I think it’s been very solid. As I’ve mentioned before it’s pretty great for weird bump and runs off the greens. I haven’t been able to try the super hybrid to compare but I loved the Apex UW hybrid as much this one.
Definitely agree with the sound feedback when you really compress the ball. It feels / sounds amazing and you know without looking up you got the very most out of it that you can. I've not yet tried them on bump and runs but can see how they'd be amazing

I've now played two rounds with the 6h in the bag, and it's proving to be a fantastic purchase!

This is my approach data from the last round. That 150-174m is all but one shot with the 6h. The one other was a perfectly flushed 6i that unexpectedly flew the green.
1696581894674.png

I'm asolutely confident in going for the green with it from the tee, fairway or the rough. And for a good reason:
1696582018476.png

Finally, I know it's a small sample of about 10 shots, but the 6h stands out quite well in SG stats:
1696582083172.png

I'm thinking about lofting it down 1*, but since it's performing so well and I'm learning the distance with it, I'll continue as is and see where we are in 2-3 rounds.

I've now played two rounds with the 6h in the bag, and it's proving to be a fantastic purchase!

This is my approach data from the last round. That 150-174m is all but one shot with the 6h. The one other was a perfectly flushed 6i that unexpectedly flew the green.
View attachment 9210818

I'm asolutely confident in going for the green with it from the tee, fairway or the rough. And for a good reason:
View attachment 9210819

Finally, I know it's a small sample of about 10 shots, but the 6h stands out quite well in SG stats:
View attachment 9210820

I'm thinking about lofting it down 1*, but since it's performing so well and I'm learning the distance with it, I'll continue as is and see where we are in 2-3 rounds.
6h doing some work! My stats are all well worse than that, but even among them, the Paradym hybrids stand out. They really deserve more hype

6h doing some work! My stats are all well worse than that, but even among them, the Paradym hybrids stand out. They really deserve more hype
I was curious when they came out, but didn't jump in initially. But this thing, paired up with the Hzrdus Silver is a great combo.

Yesterday, I was under some trees in poor ground, but had an opening to the green. I said to myself, "do I dare to go for the green?" And decided to try, because why notm and the end result was a nice high draw that ended on the green, giving me a long look at a birdie. It was my best shot of the round.

Moral of the story, it works from so many lies. And really well.

The 24* arrived from Callaway Pre-owned. I put it in my bag for my weekend round. I hit it twice. The first time, I hit it fat, but was still just off the green on a long par 3 and I was able to get up and down. If I had missed my 5 iron that badly, I likely would have bogeyed the hole. The second time was a second shot on a par 5 and I really liked the ball flight and distance. Fingers crossed that this turns into a very good purchase, particularly because I got a brand new club off the the Pre-owned site and a steep discount from new pricing.

I had an absolutely terrible tee shot yesterday and the Paradym Hybrid really came through for me. 2nd shot a laser and really just right where I needed it to be to recover. These are amazing clubs and so very good at what they do!

Another bump for these clubs. I know I'm starting to see some on CPO, they are ABSOLUTELY worth a look if you are in the market for a hybrid. My only regret is that I didn't get a 5h to go with the 3 and 4. They are so consistent and rock solid. I'm getting some crazy good distances with them...I'm not sure why but the profile just suits my eye behind the ball.

Another bump for these clubs. I know I'm starting to see some on CPO, they are ABSOLUTELY worth a look if you are in the market for a hybrid. My only regret is that I didn't get a 5h to go with the 3 and 4. They are so consistent and rock solid. I'm getting some crazy good distances with them...I'm not sure why but the profile just suits my eye behind the ball.
Oh absolutely. I picked up the 6h late in this season and it's fantastically reliable, long as 💩 and the dispersion is great. Here's some recent Trackman data from me hitting it. I've found it to be areally reliable 165m club, which the launch data also backs. I'd say it usually does carry more like 160m, so its 5m of roll instead of 15m.
1698182635910.png

Absolutely this. I wouldn’t have an issue at all if my 4 iron switches to a hybrid in Dec. I love my Paradym 3 hybrid.

After a few months in timeout, the ParadymX 4h is back in the bag. Had a couple of very encouraging shots with it last time out. Thos part of my bag is becoming an issue, but I think this is the solution 🤞

Back