Callaway Paradym Hybrids

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
People may not think of hybrid releases in the same way which we do drivers or irons, but they remain a club design which continues to find footholds in golfers of all levels, including a surge of players on Tour putting one into the bag. No one has been more “on trend” in that regard than Callaway Golf.

Continue reading...

They look good. Kinda surprised they changed the shape but they also say that’s todays market so it makes sense. I’ll try them. Not sure I have a spot for them but worthy of a go for certain.

Yes!!!

The "fairway style face" is what drew me to the leaked pictures of these. Caused big chatter. The toe is more my speed and it makes them look a little more UW. I adore that. I don't usually play a hybrid, but if I'm changing up the thing above it it's likely to have a trickle effect.

Last edited:
Really excited to give these a try! Definitely one of the better looking hybrids they’ve put out in recent years

The hybrids have a cut-wave sole, 455 cup face, and adjustable hosel. They set up nicely to my eye at address, and I really liked the shape and size. I historically hit hybrids left but was pleasantly surprised that I hit not only the regular hybrid straight or with a slight fade, but also the “draw biased” X version went straight for me. I went with the X hybrids, as I liked the look at address better, and hit them a few yards farther. Again, the Hzrdous Silver in stiff was what worked best for me. I went with 4 and 5, and the adjustable hosel should help ensure proper gapping. I did not have the hybrids to play at The Hideaway.

clubs8.jpegclubs12.jpegclubs14.jpeg

Again, we have adjustability!!!

The Paradym hybrids have more of a fairway wood shape. The sole, being called “cutwave,” is designed to help get through the turf easier. While I wasn’t able to test this on course, on the range at ECPC, the turf interaction was great.
One focus of the AI face optimization for the hybrids was distance dispersion. Hybrids tend to be used not for pure distance, but more for precision on longer approach shots. The AI face optimization has led the Paradym hybrid to increases of around 2 mph in ballspeed, as well as tightening dispersion by about 15%, both laterally and distance-wise.
The Paradym is a midsized hybrid, and is designed for versatility. The Paradym X is slightly larger and is built for forgiveness and draw bias.
In my fitting, figuring out what to do between 3 wood and irons was a big focus for me. We settled on 2 hybrids, a 3 hybrid at 18 degrees, set to D/+1 and a 24-degree 4 hybrid set at D/S. Again, the draw setting helped me get the ball started on my intended line. The adjustability of the lofts will allow me to fine tune things as I get into my season and get a better idea of my yardage gaps. There were a number of shots with both these hybrids on the range where I let out evil sounding giggles. The ball was just rocketing off of the face, and flying nice and high.

Love the look of these! I've finally got to the point where fairway woods and hybrids are becoming a psrt of my game consistently which is also making me rralize that I think a better option is out there for me

The Rogue ST Pro hybrid surprised me and stole a spot in my bag. It quickly became one of my favorite clubs. Looks like I need to put the Paradym Hybrid head to head with it to see if it takes the spot! The sole of the club really does interest me as I do catch the ball low on the face at times. Great info James!

Love the sound of the Cutwave Sole! Getting about time for me to replace my OG Apex relics and a 21 and 24 in the regular Paradym model sound like they would be a fantastic upgrade.

I was kinda hoping to see an Ocho here as well!

I got git into a 4 hybrid and I am really excited to get this in the bag. My irons went 5-pw so this was the perfect club to gap between irons and UW. It was really easy to get into the air and hit.

These sure are interesting. I like what i hear, and the sole looks and sounds like a really neat and helpful design. The tech all around is impressive. I need to see these in hand. I always struggle with picking up size in pics which messes with my head.

These sure are interesting. I like what i hear, and the sole looks and sounds like a really neat and helpful design. The tech all around is imlressive. I need to see these in hand. I always struggle with picking up size in pics which messes with my head.
Definitely a departure from the traditional Callaway hybrid shape.

I really like the look of these. Need to test the X. I typically struggle with a low hook with a hybrid.

Definitely a departure from the traditional Callaway hybrid shape.
It makes me giddy how you guys are able to provide personal insight right away on the new stuff. Really cool.

So first thing I can say about these is, after the Driver and the Fws, the Hybrids have a lot to live up to. And they do. The shape is very similar to the Apex UW.... and that is a good thing. I have played a callway hybrid for many years, currently have the Apex 24*. It is awesome.... this is better for me.

During our fit, we struggled to find a gap between driver and 5I. 3/5/7 went about the same distance in the air. I struggle to launch the ball, so we ended up moving to hybrids to see if we could find the secret sauce. Well I hit the 3 X model about the same distance as the the 3W, but with way more consistent contact. Then the Core 4H bridged the gap to 5I.

Feel is fantastic, and the stock 75S HZURDS Silver worked out best for me (that is the theme for me during my fit, call me beef, because I am all about the stock) but Callaway has quite a few no upcharge options so go hit these beautiful beasts.

Really like how these look at address. They seem like a great option to blend with a UW.

Cut wave sole is interesting for sure, quite curious to see the interaction in different conditions.

In my current bag, I have both the 4 and 5 Rogue Max Hybrids. The 4 is going to be replaced with a Paradym X 7 wood which I will talk about in that thread (by the way, fairway woods might be the jewel of the lineup), and the 5 is being replaced by the new Paradym 5 hybrid.

Another club I can only go off hitting at the fitting, so need time with the club. You can read above about all the details, and so I don't post a bunch of what was already said and such.

I am a big fan of the change in shape. Going from a much more square design hybrid in the Rogue Max to a fairway-style head in the Paradym series is a big plus for me. I play the hybrids because, well, I hit them better than long irons. Yet, I was never a fan of the way they looked. Way too boxy for my tastes. Now, the Paradym hybrid has a look that I like, and the colors are just pure beauty.

During my fitting, we went over my current bag, and I explained that I need to better gap my longer distances of 180-225. So, the 5 hybrid was giving me distances around 175-180. Just perfect to coincide with my irons.

People may not think of hybrid releases in the same way which we do drivers or irons, but they remain a club design which continues to find footholds in golfers of all levels, including a surge of players on Tour putting one into the bag. No one has been more “on trend” in that regard than Callaway Golf.

Continue reading...
Adjustability again! Thank you Callaway - so nice to be able to switch stuff out for us lunatic fringers out here. The camber and the cut design look really interesting to, I don't think I've seen that elsewhere, but it makes perfect sense

While all the new lines look great, the hybrids are the ones that have my immediate interest since I’m gaming the original Rogues still. I love that they are offering so many lofts. Can’t wait to see these in person and see if they need to be in my bag.

Man I really can't wait to hit my hybrid again. I definitely didn't get enough time with it. The specs of my fit were Paradym X 4 hybrid 21 degree Ventus Blue 9X (x flex).

I really like the looks of these. Might be my favorite of the new line. Think the shape is a big improvement

The hybrids are very attractive at address to me. I've been pondering a 5W for a long time as I've wanted to get away from a small head look in that spot where I currently have a 3 hybrid. When I set up to these though and hit them I couldn't deny how good they were. The adjustability is a huge bonus as well, and you get the same benefit of not feeling a ton of weight in the hosel. They just feel so good.

I was fit into Paradym X 3 and 4 hybrid in the Project X HZRDUS Silver shaft.

Back