At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

Below 55 Especially if the sun is not out

In past years I would say not below 50…was alway a fsir weather golfer. But this year I definitely have the itch and this fall I have been out a couple times where it was 40ish with no sun. If it gets much colder than that…maybe?

We get a lot of frost delays in the spring and fall(the average high here won’t be above freezing until March 8th). I’ll play any of those days where the high is 40 or lower. Growing up in MN/WI as a skier, I’m used to cold weather more than most. My son and I have winter days where we snowmobile 100+ miles in temps below 0º F.

Sun and wind factor in but I typically won't play below 35F. Have played down in the teens in the past but not in last several years.

Last Fall I played in a year end tournament in 45 degree weather I vowed never again will I golf below 50.

At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?
If it's calm, I'll play in the mid-30s no problem. If it's windy, 40 is probably the lowest.

I played at 41* with 30mph wind on a wide-open course near Louisville in March and that was colder than when we played at 33* here in Wisconsin with no wind in late October.
layer up!

chariotrun.jpg

Last edited:
For me it's more about wind than cold, but anything under 50* I am seriously giving it thought because I hate the cold in all forms.

On a sunny, dry, not much wind day I might be tempted to play in the mid-40's. But not if the wind chill is less than 40. If it's cloudy or damp out, somewhere around 50F is the lower end of my comfort zone.

Too cold for just a normal round is under 50 at this point for me. Events or something I've committed to I suck it up and deal with it. Coldest I've ever played in was around 30* I believe.

I'm equipped to play in the high 30s/low 40s IF the wind is not blowing. It's rare that we have days here where the high does not at least creep into the 50s, so it's not too bad once you get about 4-5 holes in.

I would say below 40 and i would be out.

If the course is open , carts are out and regular greens not temporary we will play. Played Sunday temperature in the 30’s. Cart cover and heater make all the difference in the world . Get out hit your ball and back into the warm cart. Even if its not windy and it is in the 30’s when the cart is moving its painfully cold. Cover and heater perfect.

If the course is open , carts are out and regular greens not temporary we will play. Played Sunday temperature in the 30’s. Cart cover and heater make all the difference in the world . Get out hit your ball and back into the warm cart. Even if its not windy and it is in the 30’s when the cart is moving its painfully cold. Cover and heater perfect.
We went to temporaries on the 15th. I won't play anymore. Club put in a simulator that I'll use a couple of times over the winter.

I'll play in the mid-30s as long as there's no precipitation. Admittedly it's not ideal but I don't get to golf enough to turn down an opportunity.

I have played when it was ridiculous to be playing, but those days are long gone. I am playing today and it is supposed to be about 45* when I tee off. It is calm and sunny. That is very doable. If it is windy or rainy, the temperature needs to bay in the 50’s for me.

There isn't a to cold for me to play, if that's what my only option and opportunity is.

This spring I played while there was still snow on the course. I hope to do the same in 2024.

Sub 55 …..

Temperatures don’t bother me as much as wind. Wind will cause more damage than golfing temps ever will.

I stop at 37, sun, low wind. Temp must go up if we don't have sun or if we have wind

Not a fan of playing below 50, if it starts a little below that and warms up, I’m good (heavy wind cancels this). I used to play a Christmas morning round with a buddy who didn’t celebrate Christmas and there were some brutally cold years, in the 20’s is probably the coldest I have ever played in.

Back