At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

I'm trying to play in colder weather. What are your go to pants for the winter weather? Note I am not talking 0 or below degrees, but a solid comfortable golf pants for 30-50 degrees.

Windy and 40* did a number on my legs thought I felt warm wearing Eddie Bauer Polar Fleece lined pants and a warm Gortex jacket over two more layers.

I'm trying to play in colder weather. What are your go to pants for the winter weather? Note I am not talking 0 or below degrees, but a solid comfortable golf pants for 30-50 degrees.
I find adidas frostguard pants and jackets and/or vest work great. Roomy and stretch no swing hinderance at all. The jacket/vests are actually down fill and not polyester blah blah fill.

If it’s 90* rule or scatter I don’t think there is a temp I say no. As long as I can get a tee in the ground I’m down. I’m bringing my cart cover and heater but I’ll play.

33 deg F is my final answer -- 32 Deg F is just too cold for me and my balls.

Depends. If sun is out in the low 40's. Sun not out and windy, maybe around 50. Coldest I have played in is below freezing.

Definitely. Nothing in the 30s unless the temp goes up quick to the 50s while I’m playing.

Too cold is below 40. Coldest ever is right around 40 but with 25 mph winds.

I will play if it is 35 with sun and no wind. Particularly if I haven't played outdoors in a few weeks.

40s.

By myself, I'd say mid 40's with rain or wind or around 40 if it's nice out. With other THPers, we've been known to play in some pretty absurd conditions around here, so if there's a threshold I haven't found it yet. :ROFLMAO:

If there's no wind, I'll play down to about 35.

Coldest I've ever played in was about 20. Not again....

Frost delays and temp greens can ruin my fun, but I haven't said no to a temperature yet.

no wind I’ll play into the 20’s if I get the itch, but I will at times turn 20’s down. 30’s is still pretty much a yes for me

40* is probably the coldest I would play in now.

Coldest I have played in? 23* (-5c). We were young and stupid. $5 play all day was pretty enticing.... until it started snowing and got way colder than we were ready for.

Im playing Sunday, with temps in the low 60s. I am not prepared.

It’ll be 45 when I start tomorrow and 57 when I’m done. That’s about my low if it’s sunny. If it’s wet I’m not super stoked to play below 60-65.

I'll play down to freezing and I have played at that temperature already this year. Under Armour base layers plus a sweatshirt or golf coat, and a cart cover do the trick for me.

As anyone from a 4 season location knows, it can't be defined by temperature alone. Wind, cloud cover, precipitation and even ground conditions (wet, frozen, etc.). If all of that adds up to the weather being a constant distraction where I'm always thinking about how unpleasant it is or how to keep equipment dry then it's just not good golf anymore.

I'll play in 50 degree weather if the sky is clear, but below that I just end up wishing I was somewhere else.

I will hunt or do other things in much colder conditions but it's a lot easier to dress for 0 degree snowmobile riding than 30 degree golf.

Back