Alphard Golf club booster v2

Any pictures of this?
I'm curious if it's really needed, and how you did it.

sure thing, i got the idea from a v2 fan group on Facebook.

Needed:
26" mountain bike tires
gel Super Glue
1/2" hinge door screws
100lb test braided fishing line
Flex Seal liquid rubber

How to:
Cut bike tire in half and place around the v2 tire for measuring
Trim to length, leaving about a half-inch gap for the ends to come together
Trim about 1/4" - 1/2" off the tire side walls so that it lays flat covering the v2 wheel, I used a rotary tool
Use the braid fishing line to sew tire ends together; should be sized such that you're able to slide over the wheel, but tight enough that it's not super easy
Apply glue inside tire and on wheel surface, slide tire on
Add screws spaced around the tire
Spray Flex Seal over the gap/fishing line connection

i'm not sure if it was really needed or not, but it was cheap and easy. i've read others saying it does make the cart a lot quieter when driving on paved cart paths. mine is holding up very nicely. if anything the treads can hold cut wet grass a bit too much, and i usually need to stop by the cart shack to hose them off before i put it away in my truck.

v2wheel.jpg

first time poster here.

i picked up the wheels some time back for my sun mountain speed cart, and it was a disaster. i mostly blame the speed cart. when i first got the sun mountain, it was noticeably top heavy, and i’d have to be careful with how i left it on inclines or it would topple over. it was annoying at first but eventually got used to it to the point i’d forgotten about it.

then i get the alphard wheels. putting them on wasn’t bad, and i was really excited. my first time out, though, the cart would often fall backwards because it was so top heavy. the wheelie attachments didn’t help much and inclines were a no go. it didn’t work. i wound up getting the push cart attachment they sell on their website, and it largely fixed all the problems, but…

i wish it had more storage. a pocket to hold a big water bottle or sweater would have been nice. i use my golf bag to do the storing. it’s a lightweight carry bag, so there is inherently not a lot of space, not ideal but not a deal breaker.

i also wish there weren’t so many speed settings. the first two are unbelievably slow. i’m always clicking three times to get it going. it would have been nice if it remembered what speed i wanted it and just kept it that way.

and last, i’m not convinced electric cart life is for me. i’m always having to think about the cart. i click for the speed, i click for course corrections, i sometimes wonder if it’s going too fast, too slow. is it too far away? i find my concentration on the cart takes a little away from my concentration on my game. it sounds silly, but it is enough to make it a minor nuisance. i only have a few rounds with it. maybe it’ll be something i’ll grow to love.

Welcome!

It's interesting to hear about the balance issues. I never worry mine is going to tip, even up a sideways hill. That would definitely be a distraction from enjoying your round and get frustrating after a big purchase! I am actually more relaxed by not needing to push, so this is going the wrong way for you!

I suspect a heavier bag might help, as it needs weight to be low and forward to prevent tipping. Various carts hold the bag at different angles too, is yours very upright? One that leans the bag more might be better for a lightweight bag. Maybe try putting a couple pounds of weight of some kind (barbell?) in the bottom of your bag?

Welcome!

It's interesting to hear about the balance issues. I never worry mine is going to tip, even up a sideways hill. That would definitely be a distraction from enjoying your round and get frustrating after a big purchase! I am actually more relaxed by not needing to push, so this is going the wrong way for you!

I suspect a heavier bag might help, as it needs weight to be low and forward to prevent tipping. Various carts hold the bag at different angles too, is yours very upright? One that leans the bag more might be better for a lightweight bag. Maybe try putting a couple pounds of weight of some kind (barbell?) in the bottom of your bag?

Agree on the heavier bag and I also carry an extra Alphard battery(I’d guess another 3lbs) in the side pocket of my Ping cart bag for use with Bag Boy Tri-Swivel and V2. I do not use the wheelie bars and have never had any tipping/stability issues on our hilly course even when navigating steep slopes or mounds. I can drive it wherever I want and it has never tipped.

I love my Alphard and wouldn’t trade it for the Motocaddy’s that many of my playing partners use. I much prefer the cup holder, handle and easy access storage compartments on my Tri-Swivel over their set up. On the rare occasion when I don’t leave it at my club overnight, it’s easier to load into my car as the Alphard has a carry handle that makes it easy to lift/carry and the Tri-Swivel without the rear wheels only weighs about 11 lbs. I can also upgrade my push cart for just a few hundred dollars if something that I like better comes out in the next few years.

Ok. I read the above couple lines. I know that I carry too much stuff in the bag that combined with the weight of the wheels has made this device an absolute joy to use. I believe - pretty strongly that it's better for many (most?) golfers than any club in their bag. The idea of walking versus riding can 100% change/improve the player's game for the better. You have time to think things through, don't have to deal with cart path only nuances that come and go from various courses and weather conditions. You are at a fair pace, vice hit drive wait, you can see the next shot better as you walk to the ball - all the good stuff.

I have had mine in use since late season 2021. It's been nearly flawless, I rarely worry about speed or being too far or too close. I do pay very keen attention on bridges and near the greens or near bunkers, but fairway or between most holes? No issues. I have had the cart tip over 1 time in my first couple months of use, I had hit the go button in my pocket and did not realize it - the cart hit a tree and fell over. Nothing injured other than my pride. I have had it stick in a rut or pothole here and there.

It's changed how I approach the game for the better - walking really is the way to go - for me, at my age with my issues to my knee, hip etc, walking unencumbered is a delight.

Love my Alphard V2! I got mine the last half of the season last year. No problems whatsoever. I also got in on the early release of the SideKick which arrived this spring. I haven't had time to try it on the course. I've heard you want to test it out in your backyard first to get a feel for the process.

I'm on the lookout for one used this summer, might have a lead on one already.
If not, I'll see what BlackFriday brings this year and buy myself an early Christmas gift.

Going to order the front wheel swivel kit for my Quad XL, I talked to a guy at the club last night that said it makes a huge difference with that cart's maneuverability.

I used the Sidekick twice this weekend. I first tested it in the backyard to figure out where I could mount the sensor. I have a Bag Boy bag and it has a round hole for the putter well. So that wasn't going to work. I settled on using the left side handle and having it in 'right' follow mode. The 1st day I tried leaving it in follow mode most of the time and leaving the remote on the cart. It seemed that the sensor had a hard time staying in communication with the remote when it was left on the cart handle. The remote turned itself off a couple times (usually when we had a long wait on the tee). Once I figured out what was happening, it was easy enough to turn it on and put it in follow mode again. Overall experience was a B.

The 2nd day was better. Instead of leaving the remote on the cart handle, this time I pushed the button to disable/enable follow mode. That worked much better for me. I could walk up to the green, disable follow mode, and go about putting. If I would finish putting 1st or 2nd, then I would use the remote to direct toward the next tee box (if it wasn't going to bother my fellow golfers). Then I'd walk over to the next tee box, hit my drive, then put it in follow mode again. The remote never turned itself off this time either. Overall grade: A

There's definitely a learning curve to this thing but I like it!

I'm on the lookout for one used this summer, might have a lead on one already.
If not, I'll see what BlackFriday brings this year and buy myself an early Christmas gift.

Going to order the front wheel swivel kit for my Quad XL, I talked to a guy at the club last night that said it makes a huge difference with that cart's maneuverability.

I couldn’t go back to a fixed wheel after having the swivel kit.

Ordered my V2 last night, using some birthday money to make it hurt less.............LOL
Front swivel kit will be here tomorrow.

Can't wait to give it a go.............maybe next weekend, I hope.

Got the dreaded message from Alphard this morning....................V2's are out of stock, inventory error.
Not sure how long it will take now, or I can cancel and find a used one maybe.

Update -

Got a follow up message............They are trying to get some in from Canada, but it will be at least 2 weeks.

Last edited:
They finally got their website straightened out, a pop up comes up now saying out of stock until June 27.
I decided to wait for a brand new one with the 2 year warranty.
The used market on these is basically full retail price with no warranty...........not worth the risk.

So, hopefully early July I'll have my kit installed and making walking that much easier.

They finally got their website straightened out, a pop up comes up now saying out of stock until June 27.
I decided to wait for a brand new one with the 2 year warranty.
The used market on these is basically full retail price with no warranty...........not worth the risk.

So, hopefully early July I'll have my kit installed and making walking that much easier.

It’s worth the wait. I’ve had mine since last fall and couldn’t go back to pushing my Bag Boy Tri-Swivel. One day last week I brought the remote inside for charging and forgot it - pushing my cart that day was a PITA. :) FWIW, I didn’t install the wheelie bars on mine and have never had it tip on my hilly home course. I also carry an extra battery in my bag as I normally play 3+ rounds between Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. I get 36 holes out of each charge.

It’s worth the wait. I’ve had mine since last fall and couldn’t go back to pushing my Bag Boy Tri-Swivel. One day last week I brought the remote inside for charging and forgot it - pushing my cart that day was a PITA. :) FWIW, I didn’t install the wheelie bars on mine and have never had it tip on my hilly home course. I also carry an extra battery in my bag as I normally play 3+ rounds between Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. I get 36 holes out of each charge.

There’s an app for that. I have an app on my iPhone that can control the cart in case I forget the remote or the battery dies.

Looks like they start shipping again on June 30...............can't wait to get mine.

Got my tracking number last night, it's being delivered Monday the 3rd.

My V2 batteries seem to be lasting longer now that both of them have seen 15+ charge cycles. I have at least 20% charge remaining after 36 holes now and before they were normally dead at 35 or 36 holes.

I can't find my remote...

I can't find my remote...

Hurry up, they are currently in stock.

Hurry up, they are currently in stock.

Thank you.... that price for this plastic thing STINGS ... $106 after shipping.

There is a Facebook group for the V2, and a member does 3D printed cases, magnetic belt clips, and magnetic cart clips for the remotes.
Hopefully makes losing the remote much harder to do.

Got my V2 yesterday, and installed it right away. Played with it in the yard last night and it's super easy to use and get used to.

2 Questions...................what is the range of the remote? When I sent it far way from me in the backyard, it would stop. I had to walk closer to it and it would start working again.
Do you have to run it with the wheels fully extended? On my QuadXL, I can push the wheels back in a couple inches on each side so the brackets grab closer to the wheels.

Can't wait to get on the course and try it out...............hopefully the end of this week, and the weekend.

Got out today for the maiden voyage with the V2..............it was so enjoyable just walking and not having to push the cart around.
Watching my playing partners pushing their carts up the hills made the $$$ spent well worth it.
My hips and back felt a lot better today compared to previous rounds.

Money well spent, IMHO

2 Questions...................what is the range of the remote? When I sent it far way from me in the backyard, it would stop. I had to walk closer to it and it would start working again.
Do you have to run it with the wheels fully extended? On my QuadXL, I can push the wheels back in a couple inches on each side so the brackets grab closer to the wheels.
They say 50yds on range. Mine won't get passed 30yds.

Fully extended gives a better base, but you can being them in to the bracket's if you like. Fully extended is pretty wide and my clicgear is big anyway. Personal preference I think.

Last edited:
They say 50yds on range. Mine won't get passed 30yds.

Fully extended gives a better base, but you can being them in to the bracket's if you like. Fully extended is pretty wide and my clicgear is big anyway. Personal preference I think.

I went with fully extended, a wider base is more stable for sure.

I would say I'm in the 30 yard range as well. Which is fine, I usually keep it on speed 3 and about 20' in front of me. Keep an eye on it, and avoid any hazards that might cause it to tip or get stuck.

Reactions: J4U
Back