Alphard Golf club booster v2

i've found that the range is shorter (30yds?) when it's just running itself.
if i'm actively steering it or changing speed, the range is longer (50yds?).

based on this i assume the safety shut-down if set closer than the full reception range.

Update - I've been using the Sidekick the last couple weekends (6 rounds I think) and it's worked very well the whole time. There's a small learning curve to using it and figuring out the best way to use it on the course. I have it mounted on the left side of my bag near the front putter well and have it in right follow mode with the remote clipped to my belt. The remote/connection will seem to go into sleep mode if you don't use it for a period so it can be annoying to get it 'woke up' so it will start following again. That's my only real complaint and it's not a huge deal. Just something to plan for.

Golf Monthly just posted this Amazon Prime deal - Alphard V2

Good deal for sure if you are in the market.

I need to get back to using V2 instead of just jumping in cart and heading out on course. Side kick arrived in the spring and I have not even tried it out.

Someday I need to purchase one of these. Seems like the ultimate golf experience.

Hi All, I see a lot of you here from the other thread in regards to BagBoy Volt...:) Anyways, Alphard is running a Labor day sale where I can the V2 and conversion kit for 800 bucks. Does anyone recall how much the V2 went on sale for last Black Friday? I am deliberating if I should wait for the Black Friday sale or to buy it now. I read from some forums, they got the v2 for 250 bucks off. But not sure if that is accurate. Thanks for your input in advance.

Hi All, I see a lot of you here from the other thread in regards to BagBoy Volt...:) Anyways, Alphard is running a Labor day sale where I can the V2 and conversion kit for 800 bucks. Does anyone recall how much the V2 went on sale for last Black Friday? I am deliberating if I should wait for the Black Friday sale or to buy it now. I read from some forums, they got the v2 for 250 bucks off. But not sure if that is accurate. Thanks for your input in advance.
I believe that is close to the price for last year's BF sale.

Edit:
Just checked and it was $739 for those two items to your door.
Screenshot_20230831_150118_Gmail.jpg

This is another great source of info for the Alphard items -

The owners are members there as well.

Walking weather is back!!

PSA for those who don’t like assembly/disassembly of their wheels and clicgear. Just buy a mid 2000s Ford Escape :cool:
IMG_0809.png

Took the wheels out for the first time since the spring. It was supposed to be right around 100 so I decided to bring a cooler of water with me. Well the balance of Nitron with the ZTF bag and the cooler was off so I had wheelies for days. The wheels did ok most of the time but really struggled in the desert areas between holes. Lesson learned as now I will have to store water in the bag itself.

Took the wheels out for the first time since the spring. It was supposed to be right around 100 so I decided to bring a cooler of water with me. Well the balance of Nitron with the ZTF bag and the cooler was off so I had wheelies for days. The wheels did ok most of the time but really struggled in the desert areas between holes. Lesson learned as now I will have to store water in the bag itself.
Did you use the wheelie bars/wheels?

Here it’s flat. I’ve stopped using them. No issues though a bump or dip can cause some movement.

Did you use the wheelie bars/wheels?

Here it’s flat. I’ve stopped using them. No issues though a bump or dip can cause some movement.
I always use the wheelie bars. If I did not use them yesterday then it would of flipped backwards for sure. I had some fast and furious physics defying wheelies a few times.

Ouch. I should probably still use. But it’s just so flat here!

Ouch. I should probably still use. But it’s just so flat here!
I typically get some short wheelies on this course but my adding weight to the back of the push cart didn't help things.

You know - you're right, I read it but for some reason did not visualize it until this last reply. I don't take a cooler with me, just a 44 (I think) oz water bottle that I replenish as needed - 2-3 times a round, and some cashews/almonds. I need to up my food on the course game.

You know - you're right, I read it but for some reason did not visualize it until this last reply. I don't take a cooler with me, just a 44 (I think) oz water bottle that I replenish as needed - 2-3 times a round, and some cashews/almonds. I need to up my food on the course game.
Lol the water was a don't die thing. 🤣

Got an email invite for Alphard's "VIP Early Access Deals" and the prices might be too good to pass up. Looking for some input from users on what to go with.

I currently have a CaddyTek 3 wheel cart that doesn't have a swivel front wheel. I don't have any qualms with it, so not necessarily looking to upgrade that. Unfortunately, the CaddyTek Alphard brackets are one of the more expensive bracket options, which makes the decision a little trickier. For just the booster, it's $649. It's only $697 for the Booster + Omni Cart bundle, which would add swivel to my setup. The one person I know IRL with one of these says the swivel makes a big difference. The Booster + Omni Cart +Sidekick bundle is $897, or just the Booster + Sidekick is $797. I had always been pretty interested in the Sidekick, but it seems that the follow is a love/hate thing. My friend that has one has the Sidekick too and it seems to work pretty well for him. The TFS is also available for $69. It seems a little "old tech" compared to the Sidekick, but also seems to maybe solve some of the problems folks have with follow carts.

Any advice on which options to go with from the users here? I'll of course go back through and read the various thread on different parts.

I love mine, I have a caddytrek 3 wheeler that swivels, from costco. To me it's simple. If you have a swivel wheel pushcart now, then getting alphard is a no brainer, if you don't or need to buy a new pushcart, then you would need to compare prices with the complete power cart options out there already. I went alphard becuase I did NOT want a new pushcart and more stuff in the garage.

I have the bagboy tri swivel cart paired with mine and its a game changer! A buddy I walk with bought an alpahard V2 back in the spring and he had a fixed wheel cart and it was ehhhh. We went to the hardware store and bought a 360° swivel caster and some U bolts and turned his caddytek into a swivel wheel front. It looks sort of bush league but it works. Im not impressed with how they work on the fixed front wheel carts. It would be worth to me to pay the little extra and get the front swivel cart.

Got an email invite for Alphard's "VIP Early Access Deals" and the prices might be too good to pass up. Looking for some input from users on what to go with.

I currently have a CaddyTek 3 wheel cart that doesn't have a swivel front wheel. I don't have any qualms with it, so not necessarily looking to upgrade that. Unfortunately, the CaddyTek Alphard brackets are one of the more expensive bracket options, which makes the decision a little trickier. For just the booster, it's $649. It's only $697 for the Booster + Omni Cart bundle, which would add swivel to my setup. The one person I know IRL with one of these says the swivel makes a big difference. The Booster + Omni Cart +Sidekick bundle is $897, or just the Booster + Sidekick is $797. I had always been pretty interested in the Sidekick, but it seems that the follow is a love/hate thing. My friend that has one has the Sidekick too and it seems to work pretty well for him. The TFS is also available for $69. It seems a little "old tech" compared to the Sidekick, but also seems to maybe solve some of the problems folks have with follow carts.

Any advice on which options to go with from the users here? I'll of course go back through and read the various thread on different parts.
I use the Alphard wheels on a Nitron and have no issues with not having a swivel. I have not seen excessive wear on the front wheel. I have not seen the front wheel dig up anything on a turn. I have not seen the cart not be able to make a turn because of not having a swivel.

As far as side kick, I never have seen the need so you won't get much feedback about that from me. :ROFLMAO:

The follow I thought would be an awesome feature. After using the V2 for some time now, not so much. I prefer it out in front and can still hit things if not paying attention. Then again the courses out here aren't usually wide open with no obstacles it could get in trouble on/in. The remote is just so easy once you get the hang of how it travels.

The swivel is a must IMO. Both for battery life and ease of getting around in tighter spaces.

The expected hole range is 27, and even with the swivel I wouldn't push over 18. Level courses I would be more apt to try for the extra 9.

As to battery life with swivel (an my battery is 2 years or more old), I got close to 32-33 holes - with a 3 week interval between them on the battery, open course (sort of long though - between some holes), flat, swivel front. I assume the 27 number is for non-swivel minimum. It did suck to push that heavy beast the last 4-5 holes, but I lived. Was my fault - thought I had it charged up but (obviously did not) for a round between the actual 2 played.

My full stand bag I got to where the light indicator was on the 3rd (of 5) lights by the end of the round. Using the ZTF bag in nekkid mode (taking off the side pockets) I am to where I am on the 2nd light by the end of my round. I have never gone over 18 holes and never run the battery to empty but I don't think battery life is really an issue for me for swivel vs no swivel. I would even risk going out for another 18 based on what I have seen so far. It is just hard to find a course that I can get 36 on in the valley now.

Forgot about my interaction with them about a concern I had.

The wheels on mine started to wobble. Didn't notice it while in use, but when cleaning it.
View attachment 20230915_140318.mp4

I reached out to them asking if this was normal. They responded that it was within normal range.

View attachment 20230915_140944.mp4
I accepted the response, but wasn't satisfied. The courses out this way can be a little bumpy/hilly. Found a way to tighten the wheel motor gap in the axle. Doesn't wobble anymore.

Won't post the "fix". If anyone has the same thing happening and want to know, just ask.

Back