Alphard Golf club booster v2

I think I'm more interested in the ease of use on the course swivel vs. non swivel than how it affects the battery life. I have an EV so keeping the Alphard plugged in more often would just be part of that nightly routine. Maybe I'd take it on driving golf trips but that's only a couple times a year I play 36 in a day.

I think I'm more interested in the ease of use on the course swivel vs. non swivel than how it affects the battery life. I have an EV so keeping the Alphard plugged in more often would just be part of that nightly routine. Maybe I'd take it on driving golf trips but that's only a couple times a year I play 36 in a day.
Swivel > Non swivel IMO

Remember your not there to lift the front end to turn (guess you could be but defeats the freedom to me).

Dragging the front around via cross direction rear wheel movement will put added strain on battery. More stress long term on wheel motors too. Bag weight comes into play as well.

Mine is the clikgear and two wheel swivel front attachment. Can't speak to stability of 3 wheel models.

Swivel > Non swivel IMO

Remember your not there to lift the front end to turn (guess you could be but defeats the freedom to me).

Dragging the front around via cross direction rear wheel movement will put added strain on battery. More stress long term on wheel motors too. Bag weight comes into play as well.

Mine is the clikgear and two wheel swivel front attachment. Can't speak to stability of 3 wheel models.
Who lifts the front end to turn?

Also, not recommended to keep constantly on charger. Don't think it's a smart charger. Once light turns green on charger it should be unplugged.

I've forgotten and left it overnight before. The charger or battery wasn't hot when I went to unplug. So that's good.

Making a routine of taking battery off and place it for charging after round is what I do as well.

Thinking of getting something like this so I don't have to remember to go unplug it.

BN-LINK Indoor Countdown Timer with Repeat Function, Heavy Duty Accurate Compact Size for Charger Vacation Security, 3-Prong Grounded Outlet, 15A/1875W ½ HP ETL Listed https://a.co/d/hAXaPte

After reading and watching all the reviews and videos I could get my hands on, I placed my order today. I ended up not getting the Omni cart. Even though it would have been relatively inexpensive, I didn't think I'd like it as much as my CaddyTek. There were enough positive reviews of folks using it without a swivel, and even if I find myself wanting swivel, I'd rather put the money towards the swivel version of my cart or a more premium model.

After all the reviews I still I couldn't decide between no follow, TFS, or Sidekick so I ended up ordering both... With the BF discounts I should be able to get back most of what I paid if I sell the one(s) I don't want.

It's not looking promising for any more golfable days, but my yard has a flat section and a steep sloped section so it should be a good testing ground.

After reading and watching all the reviews and videos I could get my hands on, I placed my order today. I ended up not getting the Omni cart. Even though it would have been relatively inexpensive, I didn't think I'd like it as much as my CaddyTek. There were enough positive reviews of folks using it without a swivel, and even if I find myself wanting swivel, I'd rather put the money towards the swivel version of my cart or a more premium model.

After all the reviews I still I couldn't decide between no follow, TFS, or Sidekick so I ended up ordering both... With the BF discounts I should be able to get back most of what I paid if I sell the one(s) I don't want.

It's not looking promising for any more golfable days, but my yard has a flat section and a steep sloped section so it should be a good testing ground.
I think you nailed it. I have been using a cheapo CaddyTek or whatever from Costco that was bought maybe 2018? Used it a few times then put it away. I have my set up since late 2021 - it's been great. I do think you may prefer the swivel - but by all means you (anyone) would want to try what you already have!

I too bought the follow, decided before ever using it (but having had a follow cart many years before), and reading some comments here, to pass on that - and sold it for a small net gain on ebay - I really just wanted to get it out of the house.

I have been very satisfied with set up.

Congrats and good luck.

Looks like mine is coming today, has anyone tested theirs in the snow? 😂

My v2 finally started to struggle making it through 18 holes so I sold it...I'm actually happier with a non motorized push cart since driving the v2 always took SO MUCH attention.

man I want to get one of these with the sale today but it's just not going to happen this year. Maybe next year

man I want to get one of these with the sale today but it's just not going to happen this year. Maybe next year
Same here. Really thought I'd be pulling the trigger this year. Life got in the way, and I'll have to wait a bit longer. Thankfully, this is a pretty far into luxury territory and not having it won't affect my enjoyment game.

Ive has mine over 3 years now on a Clicgear... With the swivel front. I was in on the pre-order launch. The swivel makes it an absolute tank. I even maneuvered sand valley with it. I'm on the same battery and haven't replaced anything but the pads once. It's been an incredible vehicle and I definitely would make the purchase again.

Mine came today. Even though it was low 20s and dark I had to at least give it a quick go.

Getting the brackets installed on my CaddyTek was pretty straightforward. There were some spacers that were a little finicky to get installed, but nothing terrible. Putting the cart on the unit was pretty easy and I don't think that extra step will be any issue. I haven't put the wheelie bars on yet but will probably tackle that tomorrow.

First thing I tried was driving it around with the standard remote. Driving seemed pretty intuitive and it seemed to have plenty of speed. Only thing that took some getting used to was the cart not stopping when you press the down button while in "level 1 forward" mode. With the non-swivel cart it didn't seem like it would be any trouble navigating the course without swivel, although I can see how that would be better.

Next I tried the TFS, which I actually really liked based on my first try. It was easy to pair. Really feels like it's "going with you" without feeling any tension from it. The one thing I maybe wouldn't care for is having to walk a couple paces past my ball to get it to park next to my ball where I normally would.

I also tried the Sidekick, which was also easy to pair. In my short couple loops around the driveway I had a few things I didn't care for. The remote is a little chunky and I'm not sure I'd want it on my belt while I'm swinging to facilitate the follow mode. The follow mode did seem to follow well, and it also switched between L, behind, and R pretty well. For the behind follow, I don't really see it being better or worse than the TFS. The right side follow is probably the one I'd pick here so I can see the cart and so it stops next to the ball. In right side mode it was still following a bit more behind than I'd like ideally. I was using the bag attachment bracket, so I'm going to try the push cart handle bracket next as that should in theory bring it a little closer. I'm also not sure I'll be able to get used to the Sidekick moving around looking for the remote while I'm doing my preshot routine and such.

In summary, first impressions of the overall unit were pretty positive. I'm looking forward to testing it more when I can and getting it on the course in the spring. If I had to decide right now I'd probably keep just the TFS. The Sidekick works as advertised but I'm not sure it's for me just yet. I think I'll prefer just manually driving the cart up next to my ball, or the simplicity of the TFS when I want it. I'll definitely be doing some more testing before making that decision.

Messed around some more today in the driveway. I put the wheelie bars on which went pretty well. The design of them is pretty clever. With the bracket clamps fully seated on the booster axel, the female side of the wheelie bar mechanism didn't want to seat all the way. I unclamped the bracket clamp and lifted up slightly which created less tension in the bracket clamp which allowed the wheelie bar to seat properly. My hill is covered in snow so I couldn't test out how it worked. They seem like a slight hassle to put together every time so I'll see if I really need them on my home course.

I sort of walked back and forth in my driveway pretending I was walking to my ball. I'm sure the neighbors were confused. 😂 The remote and TFS still seem to be my favorites so far. I did take some tight turns with the TFS that made it come loose, but that's an extreme use case for how I think I'd use it. It does seem like you have to walk a pace or so past your ball, which can be mitigated a little by taking the magnet off your belt a couple steps before the ball.

I also tried the Sidekick some more. I tried it on the cart handle and it was getting a lot of interference which I've read about. Back on the bag bracket it worked mostly correctly but still had some odd behavior at times. I used the belt remote holster this time and I think I could get used to it. Still don't care for how far behind it follows in right side mode and how much it moves keeping track of the remote while parked. If they could improve those things I'd be a little more optimistic about keeping it, but I'll keep practicing with it.

I haven't tried updating the firmware yet. Going to do that next time I mess around with it.

I took the booster off the brackets for the first time today. Normally with the CaddyTek I press the release button and basically push down on the handle towards the back wheels to close it. With there being no wheels I feel like that would put a lot of wear and tear on the brackets, so I need to be mindful of that when using it.

Looks like the snow will melt in the next day or two so I'm hoping to do some hill testing and drive it around on grass more like how I would on a golf course.

When i play hilly courses i use the wheelie bars. Most are flat here and I’ve had no need for them. The few hills I’ve encountered i take them sideways at an angle.

I always use the wheelie bars as I have seen my Nitron pop wheelies a lot. Easy on and off so no issue for me.

Took my Alphard powered Nitron out today and realized I left the remote at home. Oops. Used the phone app with no issue. I would not do that again. It was easy and really no issues but the phone is so much bigger and bulkier than the remote that it was a PITA. Also when I was trying to figure out who was in the CFP I couldn't do 2 things at once with the phone.

Also never once did I need to pick up the front wheel to make a turn.

I was one of the early supporters on kick starter, have done the upgrades as they came out, still love this system!!!

I have both the omni cart and my Sun Mountain...I generally use my Sun mountain, love the system, have tried the follow along, but just use the remote...

I have purchased a new/backup battery, and have not instlaled it yet, still going strong on the original...and in my case, I have generally always left the battery plugged in for days, just dont remember...

OK I’ve been using the V2 for half of my rounds over the last year, and have encountered the first “issue” if you want to call it that.

I began noticing that if I turn the unit (while not using it) I hear a noise that sounds like a small screw is loose within the unit. Has nothing to do with the battery — something is loose within the unit itself.

Operationally it seems fine. I did have an episode in the middle of a recent round where the V2 did not move (full battery, remote linked up, etc) for about 10 seconds. I turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine.

Not sure how concerning the above is or if anyone else has encountered similar… at this point I’m not about to open up the unit myself to investigate. Not yet anyway.

Got to take my booster on it's maiden golf course voyage today. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. For having not walked 18 in at least 2 months, I felt relatively fresh after the round.

Battery wise there were 3/5 dots left after a pretty typical length and hilly course.

Having played around with it in my yard a few times, driving with the remote was a breeze. I used the remote probably 95% of the time and the TFS 5% of the time. I didn't try the Sidekick today, but based on some yard sessions and using the TFS today, I don't think I need to. Mainly, I prefer having the cart out in front of me. Anything I needed 2 hands for (cigar, phone, snack, etc) was just as easy with the cart running slowly out in front. I also had my phone and a headcover each pop out once. That could be poor security or not knowing what bumps I should be taking, but not having to worry about it behind me is the way to go I think. With a walking buddy today I also felt like having the cart out in front was better for traffic coming off of tee boxes and greens and such.

Using the unit in my yard I thought I might go for the swivel version of my cart with the money I'd get if I didn't stick with the Sidekick. Today on the course I really didn't have a scenario where I thought the swivel would make much difference, so that's not really on my radar at all right now.

The only thing I'd really change is to have the option to make the down/reverse button make the cart go from level 1 forward to stop. I find it a little counterintuitive to have to press stop after slowing the cart down from say level 5 forward to level 1 forward.

Got out twice with the V2 on my home course this weekend. Really happy I added it to my push cart. I think eventually I'll upgrade to the swivel version of my cart but it works fine without.

I still prefer using the remote but have been trying to use TFS a couple times around. There are scenarios where it's nice to have walking up the fairway. Trusted it a little to much on a cart path with a lip and got a little scraped up. Lesson learned!

6F40A939-F025-4557-B9DF-2D195AEA2191.jpeg

Been enjoying mine @willplaysgolf. My second season with it and it has held up well. Got mine hooked to a Bagboy Quad XL cart. No swivel wheels and it works just fine.

Been enjoying mine @willplaysgolf. My second season with it and it has held up well. Got mine hooked to a Bagboy Quad XL cart. No swivel wheels and it works just fine.
Ya I agree it works just fine. I've seen the swivel version of my cart (CaddyTek) get down around $100 which feels worth it, otherwise I'll stick with what I got.

I put the 2 extra pockets on from my Bag Boy ZTF today and it seemed to wheelie less. The wheelies aren't causing any problems either way, just an observation. The battery was at 2.5/5 lights at the end of 18 but it was also very windy today, so that's solid battery life IMO.

I'm finding I'm using TFS a little more but don't have a formula or anything as to when I use it and when I don't (for non treacherous areas).

Had something funny happen today. I had the cart cruising ahead of me when a couple teenagers or college kids rode by on the bike trail on the hole I was on. As they passed I heard one of them joke "the robots are taking our jobs!" 😂 Got a good laugh out of that one

Back