Alphard Golf club booster v2

My replacement V2 showed up while out of state. My son went by the house to put it inside as it's obvious what it is and was sitting out in the open.

Great news, but snow on the ground so will be a bit before I can get this one out. They told me to take whatever time I needed (within reason) before needing to send back the first one. Great experience so far, both in product and service!

I got another round in with these this week and I have to say golf is so much more fun with these things. I love the ease of use on the course with them and the fun factor is still there 5 rounds in. Other than that I have definitely felt the benefits of just walking instead of pushing a cart or carrying a bag. It is just an easier day with a long walk. I am very interested to see how these work when the temps get much higher and see if I can continue to walk when it gets to say 110 instead of just 105.

Nightmare scenario happened to me this weekend. I left the remote at home. I had to use my phone as a remote. It's a really great feature to have this as a backup option if you're dumb like me and don't have the remote. However, the phone as a remote is a pain. It disconnects when you have it closed for awhile. I also didn't like having my phone in my hand the entire round. I like the V2 a lot so far as long as I am using the remote.

My wife did a good job of listening to a conversation between myself and a friend. She surprised me with a wheel kit for my Clicgear. Going to install it this afternoon but won’t get to use it on the course until this weekend.

Great gifts!

The wheels install very easily. 10 minutes at most. This thing is really cool driving it around the yard. Come on Saturday!

Played 9 with my wife today we both walked. We both used Bag Boy Quad XL push carts. Mine has the Alphard Wheels V2. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Played 9 with my wife today we both walked. We both used Bag Boy Quad XL push carts. Mine has the Alphard Wheels V2. The more I use it, the more I like it.
Love mine just need more time to use it. Nice weather at home middle to end of week. Yo damn bad I’m at work up north where it’s cold

The wheels install very easily. 10 minutes at most.

I found install was quite easy as well, only a 1-beer experience.

Charged up and everything seems to be working right in the garage...but it'll be a while before I can give it a real test. C'mon...March?

sigh.jpg

I was able to play three holes yesterday with the wheels. It’s like having a caddie out there with you! The speed is faster than i can walk and the range is good as well. I’m running this on a Clicgear 3.5 without a swivel kit. It turns decently well, but I’ll probably upgrade to a swivel at some point.

Anyone used the wheels in the rain/wet? Forecasting a steady rain for tomorrow through early Saturday. Might be able to play mid morning Saturday.

Lately I’ve been walking the front nine with the Alphard V2 wheels and then putting the cart away and riding on the back 9. Our front nine isn’t the easiest to walk due to long gaps between some of the holes. It is 3.5 miles to walk. Trying to build up to walking 18. Right now I get fatigued after about 12 holes.

When I went to Ireland and Scotland earlier this year I had been walking with my pushcart for several months to try and get ready and be in shape. But long flights mixed with long delays and lots of sitting around paired with multiple days of walking 18 with significantly more hills than at home took its toll on me. I just wasn’t prepared well enough for a full week of golf, travel and hill walking.

Most of my walking is done in the late fall & winter as the heat and humidity here the rest of the year makes it less comfortable to walk.

The Alphard wheels have made it much more enjoyable to walk. The remote is easy to use and control the speed and direction of the cart.

I have been very happy with the Alphard V2 wheels after a half dozen rounds so far.

Its been great seeing everyone posting their experiences with the V2! Anybody planning to replace remote usage with sidekick? Anybody awaiting arrival of the sidekick?

Its been great seeing everyone posting their experiences with the V2! Anybody planning to replace remote usage with sidekick? Anybody awaiting arrival of the sidekick?
I personally don't see a use for it. 🤷‍♂️

I personally don't see a use for it. 🤷‍♂️

I'm waiting for my backpay to hit, then I'm buy an Alphard.

I feel the same. With some of the places I end up on my course, I'd see it as a hazard rather than a help.

I personally don't see a use for it.

Yes and no. I own the tether and I bought the tether when I purchased the V2. I used it for the first summer I had it and now its rolling around in the storage under the rear seat if my truck. I can see the sidekick being a bigger hit than the tether because its wireless. The remote works great but for someone who dont want to have to use the remote after every shot the sidekick is the answer. After there is some back stock of sidekicks I could possibly see myself buying for the hands free experience of it. I dont mind the remote but sometimes having it in my right pocket is an aggravation also.

Love it.
16731068586671603493243479748264.jpg

I was able to play 18 with the wheels and they are phenomenal. It's like having your own caddie that never talks. Being able to flush a drive and start walking is so much fun! I played 21 holes on a charge and the battery indicator still had 3 dots illuminated.

The more I use the wheel kit the more I enjoy it. The Ckicgear swivel kit finally came back in stock so I ordered that last night. I imagine I will like the setup even more after that

The swivel kit makes a huge difference. Much easier to maneuver, economy seems better and the cart runs faster as well. After having the wheel kit I ask myself “How did I ever push/carry without this?”. Now I am asking myself how did I even steer this thing without the swivel wheels.
View attachment trim.624B23B7-5FF9-4AFF-A66C-3A46028D65A5.MOV

Drives so much better with the kit! Nice grab!

Finally got email confirmation that my side kick has shipped. Looking forward to using it.

Finally got to play my first round with the v2 on Saturday...what an awesome experience!

It was in the mid-40s when we started, high-50s when we finished. Heavy bag and walking quickly, still had 2 power lights at the finish.
The remote was super intuitive and light enough in my back pocket that I didn't notice it at all during shots. I don't see myself getting the Sidekick, the remote is slick enough.
Being able to walk hands-free was more natural and relaxing, and translated into better play - especially on the last 3 holes of the round: went par-par-par in spite of the 2 steep uphill climbs at a point in the round where I'm traditionally tired.

What a great tool.

Circling back to this after 6 weeks of use for 12 rounds.

I have the v2 with remote, no Sidekick. Paired with a BagBoy Nitron and carting around a heavy cart bag, full 14 clubs, and probably way too much gear.
- The remote is easy to use, exceptionally light, and I don't notice it in my back pocket during shots. It maintains a strong connection with immediate response from the unit.
- The drive itself has been strong and steady, I am most often running it at the 2-3 speed level out of 6.
- Range is good for driving it around the other side of a green or sending it ahead up a fairway. Once or twice it's gotten out of range and safety stopped itself.
- Steering is easy and very responsive, even with a fixed front wheel.
- Traction has been great - I added off road bike tire treads to the rear wheels to make sure.
- Battery life has been great, generally 3-4 lights out of 5 remaining on a gently sloping course. Early season in colder weather (40s) it would get down to 2 lights.
- Recharging is quick and easy.
- Loading and unloading is a minor chore to remove the v2 from my Nitron. It's moderately heavy and probably adds 3 minutes to the parking lot time for set-up or take-down. But since the drive to my home course is only 1 mile, I've started leaving it attached to the cart and just letting the cart handle stick up in the bed of my truck.
- It's worked flawlessly every single time out...and I get a ton of comments and questions.

I continue to find the big benefit is being able to walk more naturally and relaxed. I'm fresher after a round and playing better late in the round due to less fatigue.
Highly recommend for the Push Cart Mafia members!

- Traction has been great - I added off road bike tire treads to the rear wheels to make sure.

Any pictures of this?
I'm curious if it's really needed, and how you did it.

I'm looking at either getting the Alphard V2 with swivel kit for my Quad XL, or seeing how the new BagBoy Volt looks this fall.

Back