Theres a new set on Ebay for like 600 for with 4 hours to go. I'm really tempted, but he doesn't accept returns and that makes me a little nervous. But I look at a set in GS the other day and I had forgot how sexy those irons are...

The used market will be saturated with them by then. You'll find a sick deal for sure.

This is what I'm banking on. But being Adams, I'm not sure that a lot of people will run out an buy them, especially at the 9xx price point, but I may be surprised, who knows.

This is what I'm banking on. But being Adams, I'm not sure that a lot of people will run out an buy them, especially at the 9xx price point, but I may be surprised, who knows.

I think there will be some but not a ton of them for this reason. Still should be some good deals out there if you keep your eyes out for them.

Why is this thread falling back?!?! Has nobody grabbed their marbles and OEM'd a set yet?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

hehehe.....all hype broski. All hype.

Why is this thread falling back?!?! Has nobody grabbed their marbles and OEM'd a set yet?

Waiting on you dude ...

I still hawkponder the fool out of these everyday. I just don't want to spend $800 on irons I don't need. I love my DPC's, but boy do I want these in my bag. If I find a good deal on a used set I might not have the willpower to hold off.

I still hawkponder the fool out of these everyday. I just don't want to spend $800 on irons I don't need. I love my DPC's, but boy do I want these in my bag. If I find a good deal on a used set I might not have the willpower to hold off.

Blind9 has them for under 7 bills

Oh tad, why must you write such things. That's not bad at all. I just haven't seen or hit em to see if they would knock the 11's out. I wish we had some testing...

Tell me I won't do it!

These puppies actually fly really well. I don't find the C-Taper that hard of a shaft to get an ideal flight out of, but I have been fitted into them as a legitimate shaft choice for me by a Titleist fitter before as well.

Not sure what people mean when they say that these would be hard to keep going for a whole round. Or that swinging the C-Tapers would be cumbersome. I mean they aren't exactly lightweight shafts, but at 120g they are lighter than some others on the market.

What I got out of this setup was 588CB w/DG actually flies lower than CMB w/C-Taper.

I think the only thing that would keep many of today's golfers out of this shaft and hence out of this club is that too many people play a flex that is too strong for them. I am always fitted into X-Flex and sometimes into X-Flex soft stepped. But I never play that as I can control an hard stepped S just fine and I don't have a huge ego to feed.

I remember reading somewhere, and I wish I could remember where so I could cite a source. But the main reason that Mr. Braly stated that this shaft would only fit a small percentage of golfers is because such a large amount of average golfers have a problem with "casting" the club and you can't do that with these. And out of the small percentage that doesn't have a problem with casting, many of the remaining have a problem of playing too stiff a flex. And that is another thing with these. You can't play them too stiff because they are already a very stiff shaft and the low spin qualities they have will be multiplied in doing so. Almost everyone who chooses to go C-Taper except for some of the highest spin/launch players should consider going down a flex or soft stepping from their current setup to achieve desirable results.

Case in point.
PX 5.5 CFM: 6.0
S300 CFM: 5.8
C-Taper S CFM: 6.2
PX 6.0 CFM: 6.5

So with a lower spin and launch than PX many of the guys playing PX 6.0 would probably need to consider plain old S flex, or if PX 6.0 is too high/spinny then maybe S+. But I guarantee most would think "I need to lower my flight and spin so I'll get the C-Taper in X since PX 6.0 is closer to X than S and it is too high and spinny for me.

Sorry it this sounded like I should be posting in a C-Taper thread but since this is the shaft that is scaring most guys away from the club (not sure but likely) I just wanted to help some maybe get over that fear.

Some do fit the CT's, myself included. But SO many of the average golfers will absolutely struggle with them, not because of weight as much as lower flight and lack of spin and honestly there is a large contingency that SHOULD be scared away by these shafts. I've played these shafts for about a year now and I genuinely believe that having seen several people try to swing mine.

Fact is though, I've already seen several sets around with KBS Tours and such, a much better choice for the masses and one that Adams will obviously gladly do.

Some do fit the CT's, myself included. But SO many of the average golfers will absolutely struggle with them, not because of weight as much as lower flight and lack of spin and honestly there is a large contingency that SHOULD be scared away by these shafts. I've played these shafts for about a year now and I genuinely believe that having seen several people try to swing mine.

Fact is though, I've already seen several sets around with KBS Tours and such, a much better choice for the masses and one that Adams will obviously gladly do.

I do agree with you, but like I was saying a lot of golfers just don't hold their release long enough for these. As soon as you release they unload. Quick and crisp. And a vast majority do struggle, I agree with you. But "almost" any golfer that "does" have a good late release can find a flex that will give them good results. The only problem is that this isn't an ideal world where people get fit for the correct flex. They just go with what they think they know.

Like I said before, every shaft I've been fit into in the last 6 months has been X or X soft stepped. The Titleist fitter that put me into the 712 CB's had me swinging a regular old S in these...not even hard stepped. And they performed very well.

Tell me I won't do it!

I have my doubts. Its like these irons are the most hawkpondered best irons out there.

Jman - as someone who has played DG300 in more than few sets of irons, do you think the C-Taper is all that much of a different beast?

I have my doubts. Its like these irons are the most hawkpondered best irons out there.

I hawkponder them. But alas I have a new love in my life ATM

I was a fan of them at demo day. I was also a fan of the Amp Forged, 588s, Mashie irons, CB3s, and Nike VRs. I have not purchased any of them though.
Jman - as someone who has played DG300 in more than few sets of irons, do you think the C-Taper is all that much of a different beast?

ATM?

I was a fan of them at demo day. I was also a fan of the Amp Forged, 588s, Mashie irons, CB3s, and Nike VRs. I have not purchased any of them though.

ATM?

ATM - At the moment. Come on dude keep up lol

edit: there is another ATM but we cannot discuss that here. Family friendly.

Last edited:

ATM?

I saw someone the other day with AMP forged irons. First time I've ever seen them outside of the the outing and golf galaxy.
J40 DPC's and I are having a great fling right now. I don't want to get ahead of myself but it could be the start of something special:lashes:

ATM - At the moment. Come on dude keep up lol
Haha! I was thinking something else. :bulgy-eyes:

I saw someone the other day with AMP forged irons. First time I've ever seen them outside of the the outing and golf galaxy.
J40 DPC's and I are having a great fling right now. I don't want to get ahead of myself but it could be the start of something special:lashes:
I think I told you something along the lines of that in Orlando. Knew you would like 'em.

I've played S300 plenty as well. For me at least the C-Taper launches like a hard stepped s-300, maybe an X100 but spins less. Close to PX in spin #'s. Maybe a little lower.

So for me, simply C-Taper S launches= S300 hard stepped and spins similarly to PX 6.0.

Back