resurrecting the past here. Seeing as I play the cb3 with tour 120 shafts and find it to be a great iron, i always wanted to hit the cmb. I was thinking the cmb may be more than i can chew, so to speak, or the kbs ctl shaft may not fly well for me, so up until very recently, i dismissed that want to try it. Low and behold, good ole ebay came thru with a cmb 6 iron, ctl 120 shaft, std length, all be it one degree flat, for $25. SOLD to me. appearance wise, about the same head size in length width and height, the cmb has a more narrow sole with a very small leading edge, the cmb is shorter. I hit it this aft and what an iron it is. I find the dispersion tighter than the cb3, the distance maybe a few yards short of the cb3, the feel is smile inducing, a shorter standard length the the cb3 helps the swing feel so smooth and controllable. My target was 175 yards out. the cb3 will fly that distance almost in a flatter u shape, to the stick and maybe 5-7 yards longer. the ctl shafted cmb ball flies tight to the stick, with my slight fade, but more like a rocket engine that runs out of fuel and drops. From my eye, i think the cmb was giving me a higher more boring climbing flight than the cb3. For the life of me it is hard to believe neither of these irons get much love! The price on a set is amazingly affordable! I will be asking Santa for a set I pick out.

wow, i searched this thread to post up and i find last years post that i forgot i made. lol as desire would have it, almost a year to the day of last post, i bought a set of cmb, c taper, stiff, in what i think is good shape. I was going to reshaft my cb3, so for a touch more than a set of shafts, i bought these. Having never hit the full set, i step out this morning for a round with these beauties. am i the only one that hates new decade grips? i pulled them off immediately and stuck the pure dtx on. all be it an almost "dead" iron from yesteryear, i will post up thoughts from an average player soon.

Will be curious to hear. I gamed these for a season, they were absolutely incredible when I made a good swing, but pretty punishing if you're off.

I will say they aid you in launch a touch more than your average iron of this profile though, due to the tungsten (which Adams was pretty early to the party with, now everyone is doing it).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Will be curious to hear. I gamed these for a season, they were absolutely incredible when I made a good swing, but pretty punishing if you're off.

I will say they aid you in launch a touch more than your average iron of this profile though, due to the tungsten (which Adams was pretty early to the party with, now everyone is doing it).

I feel like the CMB and the CB3 were both ahead of their time. Great irons for sure!

a tale of 2 rounds...yesterdays striking/play pretty much was terrible on my part. i don't think hockey sticks would have helped me. This morning was a round of great striking, from driver to putter. take all of the following with a caveat, they are penal when not flushed clean. Not horrid but, fore sure, you aren't going to the direction you intended nor on the flight path anticipated. The feeling of a well struck iron is splendid, powerful and soft at the same time. without being complete hand stingers, the feedback on a mishit is excellent to help you figure out wear on the face you struck. It has a short head, thinner topline, and relatively narrow sole. the look of the head at address is one that demands the striker to be thoughtful of everything in their swing. the ctaper, combined with this head, produces a great , high flight, with a soft landing. my distances today, i struck very well today, were far beyond normal expectation. gap wedge playing to 115, pw to 130+, 7 iron was 165 of flight. the four iron played to the same length as my cally 24° 815 hybrid at 210, landing soft with maybe 2 yards of roll. In my round today, for the first time ever, i found a countable number of iron shots drawing. i have no explanation for that. To sum up my experience with these to date, in my mind, I know i should be playing a more forgiving iron. In my heart, i don't want to take them out of my bag because the feeling , the flight, the result of a well flushed strike is spectacular. Tomorrow is another day and round at a TPC course. Back to the cb3 or keep these....?

I feel like the CMB and the CB3 were both ahead of their time. Great irons for sure!

One set that got away from me. I loved these things.

Art, I've been playing the CMBs now for 4 years and that well struck ball feeling is still excellent. I've A/B'd them the past couple of years against newer irons and still haven't found a set that beats them significantly enough to switch - they are just excellent irons. I think they really fell through the cracks in 2012 because they were released by Adams and not one of the majors. Give them a chance and you won't give them up!!

I took a couple of swings with these yesterday, and for a small profile it's a pretty solid iron, i would like to get them speced out and give them a try but it's a solid iron.

Art, I've been playing the CMBs now for 4 years and that well struck ball feeling is still excellent. I've A/B'd them the past couple of years against newer irons and still haven't found a set that beats them significantly enough to switch - they are just excellent irons. I think they really fell through the cracks in 2012 because they were released by Adams and not one of the majors. Give them a chance and you won't give them up!!

i am not letting them go any time soon. I struck them well yesterday. I am at the point of realization, if i make a poor hit with these, i would have made a poor hit with anything else. also, with the feedback these irons give me, there is no masking "wrong", it helps me to queue into what i need to do to correct myself.

Glad you're enjoying them. Part of me wishes I still had my set, but over time I came to the belief that I was not getting enough help when missing toe side and thin which caused me to move on - along with getting a little more distance from more modern designs and lighter shafts. But I still agree that the CMB's are absolutely incredible when you're making near-center contact, and one of the prettiest irons in modern golf. It's a shame so few knew about them.

Glad you're enjoying them. Part of me wishes I still had my set, but over time I came to the belief that I was not getting enough help when missing toe side and thin which caused me to move on - along with getting a little more distance from more modern designs and lighter shafts. But I still agree that the CMB's are absolutely incredible when you're making near-center contact, and one of the prettiest irons in modern golf. It's a shame so few knew about them.

thin, i find not so bad, just low, toe side, well, more tungsten please. lol

thin, i find not so bad, just low, toe side, well, more tungsten please. lol

Yeah, the only problem with low face on these is you get NO spin down there. I see a reduction with my current DF's, but it's not as drastic.

And yeah, the toe with these is rough lol. That was one of the big things that caused me to move, toe hooks were BRUTAL.

so what out there does compare to these in feel and looks and offer more forgiveness? j15 cb, srix 745, wilson f5 also felt real nice and looked good. if the srix 765 and/or wilson v6 can beat them in the categories i appreciate, those will be/are great irons. for the short money i spent on these, i am loving them. and yes, adams irons seem to have gotten the proverbial shaft and short end of the stick

so what out there does compare to these in feel and looks and offer more forgiveness? j15 cb, srix 745, wilson f5 also felt real nice and looked good. if the srix 765 and/or wilson v6 can beat them in the categories i appreciate, those will be/are great irons. for the short money i spent on these, i am loving them. and yes, adams irons seem to have gotten the proverbial shaft and short end of the stick
Having played the CMB's in the past, the J15 DF I currently absolutely compare in looks and feel but are certainly more forgiving. CB's are probably right in there as well. Wilson V6 more so, and F5 markedly more so.

745 and 765 in my experience are similar, maybe a touch more forgiving.

I just got these, am I the only one who noticed that the 7 iron in this set has a thicker topline than the rest of the clubs? Even when compared to the 6 and 8 iron, the 6 especially, it is noticeably thicker.

I went to my local shop to look at some used sets, and in the 2 sets they had I saw the same thing.

Kind of annoying, as the 7 is a key club in the set, and it looks much worse than the rest. Considering selling them just for that reason...

I just got these, am I the only one who noticed that the 7 iron in this set has a thicker topline than the rest of the clubs? Even when compared to the 6 and 8 iron, the 6 especially, it is noticeably thicker.

I went to my local shop to look at some used sets, and in the 2 sets they had I saw the same thing.

Kind of annoying, as the 7 is a key club in the set, and it looks much worse than the rest. Considering selling them just for that reason...

I can honestly say I've never noticed that about my set at home. Will have to take a peek tonight.

Interesting. I don't ever recall noticing that.

I still think these irons are one of the best looking sets made in the past 10 years.

20170209_144925_zpseufvxkmy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
not in my set

Back