2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Finally a performance by the M's that lived up to preseason expectations.

Is Jordan Walker a 100% starter for the Cards or is someone going to replace him after returning from injury, etc?
He’s supposed to be. Struggling for sure but he’s young.

Same thing happened when he got called up last year he got sent down came back and was amazing the second half of the year

Whitey Herzog passed away. Loved that guy.

He’s supposed to be. Struggling for sure but he’s young.

Same thing happened when he got called up last year he got sent down came back and was amazing the second half of the year
You think he just ends up pressing? I know he's super talented, but he was terrible against the Phils.

You think he just ends up pressing? I know he's super talented, but he was terrible against the Phils.

I don't know what it is - I am sure he will figure it out eventually. Luckily, he will get all the opportunity in the world.

Marlins game not so well attended tonight. But the roof is open!

IMG_9504.jpeg

Attendance was listed at just over 8000. Judging by this photo it was significantly less than that.
There were a lot of people in the concourse and in the club bar. But it was sparse.

Good game though. The Marlins actually looked competent.

I'm knocking on wood, but it's great to see Haniger healthy and playing like an all-star again. Logan Gilbert is the one starting pitcher living up to expectations so far. Sorry Reds, you're the only team that's run into "potential" Mariners so far.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@bigbov I see that Carl Erskine died yesterday. He was the last surviving member of "The Boys of Summer" Brooklyn teams from the 50s.

@bigbov I see that Carl Erskine died yesterday. He was the last surviving member of "The Boys of Summer" Brooklyn teams from the 50s.
Yep.. an end of an era. From everything I've read he was a very good human being and was one of the first to welcome Jackie Robinson. RIP.

All five NL Central teams are 5-5 over their last ten games.

All five NL Central teams are 5-5 over their last ten games.
We had some discussion in the thread at the beginning of the season about the number of wins needed to win this division. Around 85 was a good number. I got faith in your Pirates this year.

Apparently this game is blacked out because they're playing the Rockies?!?!?! 🤬

Terrible series by the Reds and this game today has can awful. A solo HR and a walk, that's all they got today.

Back