2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Trea Turner is an absolute stud!!! I'm expecting a HUGE year from him

Donald Trump GIF

Terrible series by the Reds and this game today has can awful. A solo HR and a walk, that's all they got today.
Yeah, combined 1 hitter. Bryce Miller has looked pretty good so far this year, though.

M's are just 1 GB of the Rangers after a painfully slow start. The AL West is struggling.

We had some discussion in the thread at the beginning of the season about the number of wins needed to win this division. Around 85 was a good number. I got faith in your Pirates this year.
That would mean the Buccos will need to add nine to their 2023 win total to be relevant in September.

Sweep of the depleted Astros was fun. Ozuna is on a tear. Big Bear wants his money.

Another good pitching performance for the Phillies. The pitching is definitely carrying the team right now.

12th in runs but 3rd in runs against. Most would have thought it would be the opposite.

So what changes first: Do the bats come around or does the pitching come back to earth?

Another good pitching performance for the Phillies. The pitching is definitely carrying the team right now.

12th in runs but 3rd in runs against. Most would have thought it would be the opposite.

So what changes first: Do the bats come around or does the pitching come back to earth?
Harper and Turner are going to hit, Schwarber is going to do what he does. I think Bohm and Stott will be fine. I don't trust any of the rest of them.

Harper and Turner are going to hit, Schwarber is going to do what he does. I think Bohm and Stott will be fine. I don't trust any of the rest of them.
Good take.

Captain caveman (marsh) has been a very nice surprise. Cass is really starting to scare me. He is such a good player, I can't imagine him just dropping off so bad so fast. He has to be close to being benched. I think if they had any left handed options, he would be. It might be time for him to become the lefty right matching guy.

Will be curious to see the ump grade out from this Rangers/Tigers game. I is struuuuuuugling.

Elly De La Cruz is having a great game, 3 SB and a 3 run HR.

Decent win. Nice to see Travis break out of his slump with 3 dingers, one being a grand slam.

Verlander was back last night and he looked like Verlander....he is such a stud. First ballot HOF

I'm assuming these are the Rockies city connect unis? They actually are pretty good.

Reds hang on for a 7-5 win. Tyler Stephenson had his first career Grand Slam.

Phils went from a potential no hitter to trying to blow a 9 run lead in the 9th.

Castillo, Julio, and Raleigh sightings. Good to see.

Back