2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Frankie Montas just took a comebacker to the arm in the 1st inning. Had to get pulled out of the game, Reds bullpen is going to get a workout today.

Reds get the sweep against the Angels even after losing Montas 2 outs into the game. 3-0 final.

What a play by Tim Anderson to keep the lead.

Frankie Montas just took a comebacker to the arm in the 1st inning. Had to get pulled out of the game, Reds bullpen is going to get a workout today.
That's too bad, he's been pitching really well, right?

Phillies starting pitchers have been lights out, to bad they don't play the Rockies and White Sox every week.

Joc pederson is either super chill or the biggest douche frat bro ever. I’m still not sure after the giants had him for a couple of years.

Joc pederson is either super chill or the biggest douche frat bro ever. I’m still not sure after the giants had him for a couple of years.
I just saw an interview with him and I think it’s kind of both

I just saw an interview with him and I think it’s kind of both
Yep. He did a few when they first signed him. I legit think it’s both. Probably the guy that is fun for the first 24 hours and then you realize why you only hang out once a year.

Yep. He did a few when they first signed him. I legit think it’s both. Probably the guy that is fun for the first 24 hours and then you realize why you only hang out once a year.
Travis Kelce

Ump just completely missed a swing and a miss and thought the ball bouncing off the plate was a foul ball. Not reviewable.

Knocks in runner on third next swing.

Melvin gets tossed. Ump shows are the worst. Robot umps can’t come soon enough.

Sac fly next batter because runner that should have been on first was on third and just like that AZ gets two free runs in top of 9th.

Melvin gets tossed. Ump shows are the worst. Robot umps can’t come soon enough.
Can’t wait.. clean up all the BS. Sports around the world embracing technology and MLB is cool w/ thinks being mucked up. So dumb.

That's too bad, he's been pitching really well, right?

Phillies starting pitchers have been lights out, to bad they don't play the Rockies and White Sox every week.

He started out great, but had an awful outing the other day. Thankfully it sounds like x-rays were negative, just a bone bruise.

Reactions: Bus
Can’t wait.. clean up all the BS. Sports around the world embracing technology and MLB is cool w/ thinks being mucked up. So dumb.
Wait. certainly nobody is leaving the NFL because of lack of tech and they still have 237 year olds handling penalties

Ump tossed Matt Williams too. Just scored game tying run except Az has 5 runs instead of 3. Game tying run is hitting instead of go ahead runner being on second. Just a joke.

Wait. certainly nobody is leaving the NFL because of lack of tech and they still have 237 year olds handling penalties
That is certainly true but I don’t feel like something as fundamental as balls & strikes in baseball is getting mangled in the NFL. I guess if those 237 yr olds start giving out 7 yard first downs I will start my chip in ball rant. I would like to see the PI call go to college rule tho. Don’t understand how something can be subjective and a 50+ yd penalty at the same time.

That is certainly true but I don’t feel like something as fundamental as balls & strikes in baseball is getting mangled in the NFL. I guess if those 237 yr olds start giving out 7 yard first downs I will start my chip in ball rant. I would like to see the PI call go to college rule tho. Don’t understand how something can be subjective and a 50+ yd penalty at the same time.
Dez Bryant would like a word with you.

Chip in the ball needs to happen. Crazy it hasn't. Also agree on the PI rule 100%. Also bring on the robo umps.

Chip in the ball needs to happen. Crazy it hasn't. Also agree on the PI rule 100%. Also bring on the robo umps.
Chip in the ball exists, is in ball and they already know the refs are messing up and continue to use a chain.

But balls/strikes in baseball is too obvious though. It’s remarkable that baseball has a set strike zone in its rules yet every ump has a different zone and can’t even be consistent with that.

Chip in the ball exists, is in ball and they already know the refs are messing up and continue to use a chain.

But balls/strikes in baseball is too obvious though. It’s remarkable that baseball has a set strike zone in its rules yet every ump has a different zone and can’t even be consistent with that.
The strike zone thing is crazy. I read an article a few years ago that said if you aren’t going to use technology at least make sure your you have your more youthful umpires behind the plate. As we age we lose strength in our eye sight and lose reaction time. Yet MLB has those old guys behind the plate trying to judge 99mph.

As a parallel, the NFL has absolute set of passed interference rules, yet it comes down to judgment.

As a parallel, the NFL has absolute set of passed interference rules, yet it comes down to judgment.
I think nfl screwing up pass interference is an issue too. I honestly think nfl needs to fix the pass interference and roughing passer while they are head and shoulders on top is super important.

The balls strike thing is bad enough but then to double down and throw out the manager and 3rd base coach because you had an adult tantrum when you were told you screwed up is the real issue. Just take the yelling like a man and admit you missed the call.

Back