2012 Women's U.S. Open [Spoilers]

She withdrew... Without finishing her round?

Well, she was going to miss the cut. Perhaps she just couldn't take the day she was having... Not necessarily a great decision, but hers to make I guess.

Maybe. I think if any of the top male athletes quit on a round/tournament there are some choice words about it.

Good riddance Morgan. You seem to have a terrible attitude all the time.

Claiming a hand injury. Supposedly originally injured at The Wegman's.

Kevin

Oh I remember when Phil withdrew a few weeks ago... I know there will be "words".

Not that us biatching changes anything, right.

Pressel with the WD it appears. I think there are a few that have some choice words about that act.
Never liked her. When I see her on shows such as the skills challenge and such, she appears to just be a b1sh. I saw her in Prattville last year, too, and she didn't appear to be overly friendly looking there, either. Get over yourself.
The announcers were talking about how her emotions get the best of her, then kind of sidestepped it with something idiotic about how her being that way is why they love her. Yeah, whatever.

Her skin lacks melanin. This may contribute to her crankiness.

Kevin

Claiming a hand injury. Supposedly originally injured at The Wegman's.

Kevin

She had a hard impact bunker shot a few holes before she withdrew so perhaps she injured it again. The shot was shown on tv so maybe there is some validity to the injury and subsequent withdrawal.

Surprising that Pressel withdrew. Although from what I can gather it seems like she may have always had some attitude issues that I was not aware of.

Pressel has always rubbed be the wrong way. I wouldn't say that I can't stand her, but I could really care less about how is she is doing and if she is even playing. She comes off as a spoiled brat.

ahhh Gigi! she's a freshman (sophomore-to-be) at my school and is playing in this. shot 86 on thurs, don't know what she shot today but my dad said he thinks she's in dead last. feel bad for her :/

Like that Wie has made a jump. She has one of the most athletic swings in golf I love to watch it. As for Pressel she just comes off with such a bad attitude. I don't really care if she is in or out. Not a player I care about at all.

Looks like this could play out to be an interesting weekend. I hope I can get some viewing time in even with work.

Round 3 hole locations, interesting to see how long a lot of these greens are from front to back:

AxNEe32CAAIP6qV.jpg

Wie-Suzann played the 1st 9 in just over 3 hours....WHAT????

No kidding? That's crazy. How would you like to be the group behind them. Geez.

No kidding? That's crazy. How would you like to be the group behind them. Geez.

I should have had more detail. Its not just on them. They are waiting for 2-3 groups on each hole.

That is well beyond STUPID.

3 hours for 9? I'd be well past insane...and pissed.

Why is Johnny Miller not doing the broadcast?

Kevin

Putter out of the rough. Not a good idea.

Wie is in big trouble after the errant tee shot, she will certainly lose shots here, her caddy should have been firm about not trying to advance the first shot fro the rough forward and just going side ways like she did with the second.

Putter out of the rough. Not a good idea.

I agree, I have actually been practicing using the hybrid from those lies and been having a bit of success lately.

Annika is a horrible broadcaster. So boring. I need more Dorothy.

Kevin

Bugger! Lydia Ko shot a 7over 79 in the third round to be tied 43rd.

Still leading amateur I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, I have actually been practicing using the hybrid from those lies and been having a bit of success lately.

That is not a shot I have in my bag, but one that I should work on. I have seen pros and amateurs use a hybrid or a FW very effectively around the green.

Back