2012 Women's U.S. Open [Spoilers]

Kris is even through 5 and tied for 19th for those not able to get scores.

GO KRIS!!!! Awesome stuff. And El Tigre's niece, Cheyenne is +1 with only a few holes to play...pretty solid showing.

BLACK WOLF RUN is only 20 min up the road but 102 deg. no thanks i'll sit at home watch some in the cool air cond.

Kris just made back to back Bogeys. Come On Kris, act like you're just playing with Cookie's adorable swing again and make a few birds.

I'm already more interested in this tournament than the Greenbrier tournament. Also, this course looks much more enjoyable to play than Olympic Club.

Nice to see Michelle Wie at even par and hitting some good shots. She even rolled in a nice birdie putt a short time ago.

Even though some of the players are under par right now, I think this is setting up for the winner to be right at even par.

I'm already more interested in this tournament than the Greenbrier tournament. Also, this course looks much more enjoyable to play than Olympic Club.

Nice to see Michelle Wie at even par and hitting some good shots. She even rolled in a nice birdie putt a short time ago.

Even though some of the players are under par right now, I think this is setting up for the winner to be right at even par.

Coincidence that TW did not play well? :alien:

Coincidence that TW did not play well? :alien:

He played this morning, it's not like I would have been able to see him on TV. I like the course for the PGA Tour this week, I guess I just like watching a women's major more than a standard PGA Tour tournament.

Yani has been spending some time in the tall grasses. Took a whiff on one of her shots.

The heat is nasty, especially for the gals walking and (where it really affects you, imo) waiting around. Hopefully there are enough trees and ponds on the course cooling the temps just enough to make it tolerable

Nice looking course.

Posted via tapatalk

Yikes for Stacy Lewis. Triple. Smacked her staff bag around a little.

Posted via tapatalk

Just spoke to someone there that gave this little gem

"If they dont do something about the slow play, somebody is going to go postal. I realize that some of the amateurs get a little nervous, but one took 3:35 seconds today to line up a putt from 25 feet."

Ugh......

That's lame.

Posted via tapatalk

"If they dont do something about the slow play, somebody is going to go postal. I realize that some of the amateurs get a little nervous, but one took 3:35 seconds today to line up a putt from 25 feet."

Ugh......

whoa. even jim furyk called in to say he thinks that's slow.

Bam Bam with two birds in a row.

Posted via tapatalk

Ugh......

I saw rumblings on Twitter that the rounds were taking close to 6 hours and that some of the women that teed off late might not be done by sunset. That's just awful.

I saw rumblings on Twitter that the rounds were taking close to 6 hours and that some of the women that teed off late might not be done by sunset. That's just awful.

I wont say the amateur that took 3:35, but she has been talked about quite a bit. Its a darn shame that pace of play is not heavily taught to these kids.

How do they let that happen at a usga event?

Posted via tapatalk

morgan pressel must be pissed if she got dinged for slow play and this girl wasn't, or at least that someone hasn't considering what is reportedly going on

I wont say the amateur that took 3:35, but she has been talked about quite a bit. Its a darn shame that pace of play is not heavily taught to these kids.

What's weird is that I think the AJGA does a pretty good job enforcing pace of play. I wonder where the disconnect happens.

How do they let that happen at a usga event?

Posted via tapatalk

Because its a constant man. If you heard some of these stories of some of these girls around the green, its horrible. I just hope it does not take away from an awesome event this year. Approaching 6 hour rounds is downright scary.

could we get dottie to call 'em slow freakin' dogs? :alien:

I saw the AJGA kid lining up a putt with her dad on the DVR machine. Wow. Her playing partners must want to take her head off. Gracie played with a kid last week who goes to school at a Hank Haney Academy. She took 50 seconds to place and align her ball in front of her mark. It's crazy how slow some of the young girls are.

I walked/followed 18 today at a country club. 4 hours 15 minutes. The heat was murderous. I cannot imagine how hot and miserable 6 hours on that monstrous track was today for the players.

Kevin

could we get dottie to call 'em slow freakin' dogs? :alien:

I love Dorothy Pepper. Did you hear her comments when informed Brittany Lang was only recently made aware no Duke grad had ever won on tour. She said, "Really? That's living with blinders on. That's one of the most well known facts about the LPGA." Or something to that effect.

Kevin

Apparently it's a continuing issue for the U.S. Women's Open - found this article from the Open at Oakmont (2010).

http://www.waggleroom.com/2010/7/10/1562998/slow-pokes-need-not-apply-for-the

You'd think the USGA could get a handle on this on both the men's and women's side, but they act like its harder than herding kittens. I get that the heat, the tv cameras, the whole "production" thing can slow things down, but I don't get not enforcing rules of play, whether it makes for "good tv" or not.

Back