Search results for query: *

1. OldeDude

CONTEST Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putter Giveaway

Hi THP, as one of the lucky members of the 2023 TEEm Tour Edge I was given some amazing equipment to test, review, and keep this year. One of those items was a Wingman 706 Center-Shafted Putter, and as good as this putter is it just can't kick my gamers out of the bag. The Wingman deserves to...
  2. OldeDude

Your Top 10 Rock Singers?

Who do you consider to be your top 10 best / favorite rock singers of all time? I went with ten because I couldn't get down to five, and more than ten gets to be too much. Some of mine are just personal favorites, and some are ones I truly believe to have the best voices out there. Here's my...
  3. OldeDude

World Handicap System Question

I've seen a couple of recent instances where my posted scores have been adjusted via Playing Conditions Calculation (PCC), when I really couldn't figure out how any adjustments were justified. I've looked around a bit on this, and have found the official answer on how PCC works, but still...
  4. OldeDude

Skulls and Skeletons ?????

No judgement here, but I just have to ask, what is the appeal or fascination with skulls and/or skeletons on golf gear? I just don't get it, head covers, hats, apparel, towels, and all kinds of golf stuff with skulls or skeletons on it. Even one of the choices in the BagBoy Nitron LTD...
  5. OldeDude

All About TEEm Tour Edge 2023

Hello THP! I’m honored to have been selected to TEEm Tour Edge for 2023, and the TEEm thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to introduce ourselves, to keep the forum up to date on what we have coming (as we find out through the year), on what we are ordering, and to give links to the...
  6. OldeDude

Forgotten TV Shows

I don't know what got me thinking about this today, but started remembering TV shows that I liked, but never hear about anymore. Some were pretty big at the time, some weren't. So here are a few I thought of, they might be available to watch again out there somewhere, since I just thought...
  7. OldeDude

A GIF Story III - It's A Trilogy

8. OldeDude

Tough Summer Has To Get Better

So, I've been kind of quiet here on the forum so far this summer, I've checked in daily, and posted when I could, but not like normal, so a belated congrats to all the contest winners and Experience participants I've missed. The last month of summer has to be better than what I've gone through...
  9. OldeDude

Your Greatest Childhood Adventure!

For some reason I’ve been doing a good bit of reminiscing these last few days, maybe because I was fighting a raging fever for almost five days, and have had lots of quiet time unable to sleep. Thankfully the fever finally broke and I’m hopefully back to normal. Anyway, I got to thinking about...
  10. OldeDude

Counter Balanced Shafts and Midsize Grips.

So I just picked up a Ping G425 LST Driver, it came with the Ping Alta CB Slate 55 shaft, and plays at a length of 45.75". I wasn't fit into this shaft, and have no idea if it will work for me, I have other shafts that I plan on trying, but I do intend to give this one a go, but not at 45.75"...
  11. OldeDude

Need to Reduce Driver Spin

I figure this is a fitting question more than anything else, so thought this would be the right place to put this. 🤷‍♂️ At a recent driver fitting, I found that the biggest hurdle I have towards getting a really good fit is reducing spin. Due to my OTT swing, I generate way too much spin, the...
  12. OldeDude

7,000 Posts!

This is post number 7,000 for me here on THP, and it took me 4 years + 4 days to get that many. It seems like some of you on here post that many times in a month or so, but for me it is a pretty big number. Thanks @JB and @GolferGal , for providing such a great place to hang around for a...
  13. OldeDude

Fitter Only Shafts?

So I've heard that some shaft companies have shafts that are limited release to custom fitters only, but would this include different size versions of shafts that are otherwise general release? I was just quoted at Club Champion for a Srixon ZX #3 Utility Iron with an MCA C6 Black 60R shaft...
  14. OldeDude

Review Club Champion Full Bag Fitting - Disappointed

So I took advantage of the recent special at Club Champion, the $100 Full Bag Fitting to celebrate them opening their 100th location, and I have to say that it was the first time I've been really disappointed with them. My fitting was last Saturday at the Roseville, CA location, where I've...
  15. OldeDude

For Sale Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grips - Midsize

SOLD! I have for sale a full set of 13 Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grips, Grey, Midsize. The grips are brand new, and still have the plastic on the ends. I was fortunate to win a full set of these in one of the Teams colors, so I won't be needing these grey ones. The midsize MCC Pus 4 grips...
  16. OldeDude

43 years!

43 years ago today my lovely wife Patti and I were married. :drinks: I don't know what I did right to deserve her, or how she has put up with me for so long, but I sure am happy that she has. We've known each other since I was 15, dated off and on until finally getting engaged and then...
  17. OldeDude

Not a Tree Hugger, But .....

This is kind of hard to watch. They are cutting down an ancient Oak that sits right on my property line, PG&E has determined that it is rotting near the base, and a threat to the power lines. Actually they could be right about it getting weak near the base, a local arborist has estimated that...
  18. OldeDude

Sun Mountain RC1 Electric Golf Trolley???

Anyone have any experience with the Sun Mountain RC1? Sounds pretty nice, four wheels, remote control, lithium battery, and what little I've found about them online is pretty positive. Nice looking cart, remote looks a bit big, but appears to be a pretty solid piece of work that can be had for...
  19. OldeDude

Golf Marketing Successes That Surprised You

So a little twist on the post @JB started earlier, what golf products have been really successful that you just didn't think would go anywhere? First one that comes to mind for me is Callaway's Truvis golf balls. I remember when I first started seeing them, my friends and I all thought the same...
  20. OldeDude

Golphers Pocket Knife/Golf Tool

I just thought I'd share a little bit about this pretty cool item I bought recently, the Golphers Wichita hybrid pocket knife / golf tool. Now I haven't carried a pocket knife in a long time, I basically quit carrying after 9/11 because with all the business travel I was doing I was afraid I'd...
Back