OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
43 years ago today my lovely wife Patti and I were married. :drinks:

I don't know what I did right to deserve her, or how she has put up with me for so long, but I sure am happy that she has. We've known each other since I was 15, dated off and on until finally getting engaged and then married 43 years ago. We were both born and raised in Southern California, had our first daughter there, but moved to Grand Junction, CO when she was still just a baby. Moved back to California a few years later, had another daughter, and have been here ever since. It hasn't always been easy, in fact it rarely has, but I can honestly say that I can't think of anything of significance that I wish that I'd done different.

Patti has supported me in everything I've done, both professionally and personally. She has never had a problem with the numerous sports and activities I've been involved with (some verging on obsessed with) over the years. Surfing, dirt biking, water and snow skiing in the earlier years. Hunting, fishing, boating/water skiing/wakeboarding, snow skiing/snowboarding (those water and snow sports also being family activities), whitewater kayaking, softball three nights a week, dirt bike racing, and golf since leaving Southern California. Now it's pretty much down to golf, dirt bikes, and lake kayaking. She's glad I don't race the dirt bikes anymore, but is still good with me riding whenever I want, and as for golf, I think she wants me to get into a THP Experience as much or more than I do!

So 43 years may not be a regular milestone, but I'm feeling so blessed today that I just had to share.

:drinks:

Congrats on 43 years together! No easy task in this day and age

Congrats. That is outstanding and inspiring!

Congratulations :drinks:

Congratulations on your Milestone!

Congrats @OldeDude ! Just cool that you found someone that you live, admire, and respect for life. Good for you!!

Cheers to 43 years! It's always nice to hear about Anniversaries like these.

Congratulations. Best wishes for many more years.

Congratulations

Congratulations 🎊

Nice. Continue on sir.

Happy 43rd anniversary to you and your wife!!

Congrats, and Tell the BESTEST half congrats as well

Congrats to you and your bride.

Happy anniversary. 43 years is a long time. I know….my 43rd is coming up September 1.

Back