All About TEEm Tour Edge 2023

OldeDude

--Still Alive and Well--
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--17--
Hello THP! I’m honored to have been selected to TEEm Tour Edge for 2023, and the TEEm thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to introduce ourselves, to keep the forum up to date on what we have coming (as we find out through the year), on what we are ordering, and to give links to the review threads. This is going to be so much fun, Tour Edge has a great looking lineup again this year, and we can’t wait to get started. So here it is, probably more than anyone wants to know about the 2023 TEEm Tour Edge.

Last edited:
Hi THP, as a member of TEEm Tour Edge for 2023 I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself to the Forum. My name is Curt, the OldeDude nickname has been with me since I was 39, and I'm 65 now, so it is a little more fitting now, and I respond to either. I was born and raised in Southern California, but I’ve lived in the Sierra Foothills, about half way between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe, for going on 40 years. I didn’t play golf as a kid, surfing, waterskiing, baseball, football, and dirt bikes kept me pretty occupied in my early years. Then came marriage, a couple of kids, and of course work. I’ve been married to my amazing wife for 44 years (anniversary is actually tomorrow), raised two incredible daughters, and have two wonderful Grandchildren. Now here at home it is just me and my wife, and our two German Shepherds. As for work, I am an engineer with a highway safety company, we design, manufacture, and sell highway crash cushions, guardrail, and work zone traffic control devices. I’ve been with this outfit for almost 40 years, have worked in the R&D department as a design engineer, in the testing side (collecting and analyzing vehicle crash test data), spent many years as a field support and applications engineer, and am now a compliance engineer. I’m hoping to retire sometime in the next few years, but no solid plans yet.

I didn't start golfing until I was in my mid-30s, and took a few extended breaks along the way, but have been playing pretty steady for the last 15+ years. My current handicap is 16.5, which is low for me, thanks to a few really good rounds last year that haven't dropped out yet, but I expect to be back to my normal 17 - 18 soon. My local course, where I am a member for the first time this year, is just about ten minutes from the house, at an elevation of about 3000', it is mountain golf, with big elevation changes, lots of target golf, and tricky greens. I also play quite a bit down in the valley, flatter parkland courses, and some of them pretty open and easier. Since I'm not retired yet, I can’t play as much as I’d like, but can usually get away for afternoon golf at least once a week, although this winter has been so wet I haven't played much lately.

As for THP, I foud the forum sometime around 2014, mostly when I was looking for equipment reviews. I finally joined in the summer of 2018, having no idea about the Events (now Experiences) and giveaways, it just seemed like a great community for discussing all things golf. It din’t take long to discover all the other stuff though, and I was able to follow a couple of the events that year, and was completely blown away. I was lucky enough to get into the 2019 Budget Golf Championship, my only Experience so far, and it was incredible. I’ve also had the opportunity to test and review some golf balls, a Cleveland putter, and a Cleveland wedge. Getting on TEEm Tour Edge has been at the top of my list since it started in 2019, and I am absolutely thrilled to get to be a member this year.

My experience with Tour edge does go back a while, I've had Tour Edge Exotics clubs in the bag for a long time, mostly fairways and hybrids, but a couple of drivers too. I’ve had the XCG-V hybrids (2010), Trilogy fairway wood (2011), XCG-6 fairway and hybrid (2013), EX9 Tour fairway and hybrid (2016), EXS Driver (2019), CBX 119 fairway and hybrid (2019), and the EXS 220 Driver (2020). Oddly enough, I don't have any in my bag right now, as I've just changed the top of my bag in the last couple of months. Obviously that is about to change again very soon.

Last edited:
First of all, Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

Great introduction, and love that you have a bunch of experience with Tour Edge. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the C723 lineup! Looking forward to following along!

Awesome intro! Was able to hit E723 Driver at a Golf Show and it really is a great club! I think all of you are going to love it!

By the way, I have put my order in, I'll be reviewing the E723 Driver, 10.5*, with Tensei AV Blue 65R shaft and midsize grip. The decision took some thinking, I was fit into my current driver, which is a low spin head, so that had me leaning towards the C723, but the other guys on the TEEm are much lower handicaps than I, and are really likely to be going with the C723. With that in mind, and me usually needing all the forgiveness I can get, I decided to go with the most forgiving model. I even thought about going even further away from what I have in the bag now, and ordering it with the Fujikura Air Speeder 40 shaft, but that is just too far beyond my comfort zone on shaft weight. I would have given a 50g shaft a shot, but not a 40g. I still have a few really good shafts with TEE adapters on them, so I will be able to tinker during the testing.

Last edited:
I was and am really interested in TEE equipment, so thanks for the thread and intro! I'll be following the TEEm's experience.

I love it. Really good introduction and your order process. I think you'll enjoy the E723, I really did think the E722 head last year was a bit overlooked. Can't wait to follow along with your thoughts on it.

Great intro @OldeDude! Looking forward to following along with this thread and the review threads!

My name is Will and I'm excited to have the opportunity to be a part of TEEm Tour Edge this year. I'm 33 and live in northern Indiana with my family, and work as a development engineer in the medical device industry. I joined THP a couple years ago when I was looking into playing One Length irons. My first THP experience was last year's Morgan Cup as a member of Team Paradise. @Browndog was my Paradise teammate and alternate shot partner so it's cool to be part of something THP again. I was a big Cobra fan prior to being selected so being able to participate in the MC was a highlight of my golfing life. I'm a proud member of the #GarageSimCrew as that keeps me sane when I can't golf from Nov-March in my neck of the woods. I was also selected recently to review some prototype UST Mamiya iron shafts so you could say I'm on a bit of a THP hot streak.

I got my start in golf hitting balls around my yard as a kid, and started taking it seriously in high school playing for my (very small) high school in MI. I also played in college for a D3 school in Indiana and am fortunate to be able to still play regularly even with my family/work commitments. Last year I ended the year as a 2.4 handicap. Per my Shot Scope data I tend to be solid in driving, approach play, and short game, and not as solid in putting. My intent for this year is to really focus on my putting to try to get to my goal of getting to a scratch handicap for the first time.

I've tried a couple TEE clubs over the years, but never gamed them for an extended period of time, so I'm excited to get to know a new brand to me. I like that they seem to have a high R&D/value ratio and are a Midwest based company. For my driver selection I chose the C723 8* with Tensei Blue shaft. I'm not a particularly high launch/high spin player through the bag, but tend to be a little more flippy with driver so I do better with lower loft/spin heads.

Great intros, looking forward to hearing of testing clubs.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the intros gents, look forward to your thoughts throughout the year!

My name is Jordy and I am very excited to be a part of TEEm Tour Edge in 2023!

Been infatuated with the Tour Edge brand for a long time. Have played some of their Exotics drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and utility irons for awhile. Have also tried their irons, wedges, putters and clubs from their Hot Launch line.

I have had great success with their fairway woods, hybrids and utility irons.

Have had clubs in my bag from the XCG7, EX8, EX9, EX10, CBX 119, EXS 220, and C721 lines.

Two of my regular playing partners have some of my former Tour Edge clubs in their bags. One friend says that the EX 10 four wood is his favorite club.

As part of Team Paradise in the 2022 Morgan Cup Cobra took over my bag. In 2023 many of my Morgan Cup clubs have been put up as a trophy and keepsake from the event.

I’m 55 years old and retired to the Coast of Georgia 10 years ago. Play or practice golf just about every day.

The driver most similar to what I’m playing now is the C723 8.0 with the Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff shaft. Just put my order in with @GolferGal.

The 2023 lineup looks very promising. The recently introduced irons are very intriguing.

I’m curious to hear from all of the THP forum members what Tour Edge clubs are you most interested in? What has been your experience with Tour Edge products?

While poking around the Tour Edge website the other day, I found the list of no-upcharge custom shafts, which I hadn't found before I put my order in. I was able to get in touch with @GolferGal in time to make a change (thanks again for helping me out on that!), so instead of the Tensei AV Blue 65 R I'll be getting the Ventus Red 4T 50 R on the E723 driver. I know this isn't the TR/Velocore version of the Ventus Red, but still avery good shaft, and I was really wanting something in the 50g class.

Last edited:
My name is Jordy and I am very excited to be a part of TEEm Tour Edge in 2023!

Been infatuated with the Tour Edge brand for a long time. Have played some of their Exotics drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and utility irons for awhile. Have also tried their irons, wedges, putters and clubs from their Hot Launch line.

I have had great success with their fairway woods, hybrids and utility irons.

Have had clubs in my bag from the XCG7, EX8, EX9, EX10, CBX 119, EXS 220, and C721 lines.

Two of my regular playing partners have some of my former Tour Edge clubs in their bags. One friend says that the EX 10 four wood is his favorite club.

As part of Team Paradise in the 2022 Morgan Cup Cobra took over my bag. In 2023 many of my Morgan Cup clubs have been put up as a trophy and keepsake from the event.

I’m 55 years old and retired to the Coast of Georgia 10 years ago. Play or practice golf just about every day.

The driver most similar to what I’m playing now is the C723 8.0 with the Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff shaft. Just put my order in with @GolferGal.

The 2023 lineup looks very promising. The recently introduced irons are very intriguing.

I’m curious to hear from all of the THP forum members what Tour Edge clubs are you most interested in? What has been your experience with Tour Edge products?

fantastic intro. Love your order. I know you mentioned that most of your clubs from the MC are set aside, so I am curious, what driver are you currently gaming(knowing you said this was a similar setup).

fantastic intro. Love your order. I know you mentioned that most of your clubs from the MC are set aside, so I am curious, what driver are you currently gaming(knowing you said this was a similar setup).
In my golf bag now are four of the Cobra clubs remaining from the Morgan Cup set up including my driver which is the LTDx LS 9.0 set at -1.0 with a Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6 S shaft and heavier sole weights to bring the swing weight up to D 6.

Pretty similar to the C723 8.0 that I asked for.

Prior to the Cobra LTDx I played a Ping G410 LST that one of the guys in my regular foursome now has in his bag.

Finally found some time to get my intro here so apologies for the delay.

My name is Chris, originally from New Zealand and currently living in Colorado. I am currently working as a cybersecurity consultant which means I am no longer commuting to an office but down to my basement where I have been trying to put together some sort of indoor hitting setup.

I've played this frustratingly wonderful game since I was in my late teen's (I'll be 45 this summer) but never really got super serious about it until I broke 100 for the first time. Living in England for several years prior to meeting my wife introduced me to one former work colleague who was obsessed with collecting clubs & I ended with my first forged set of irons from him which set me on this path to the golfing lunatic fringe.

My current bag actually has Tour Edge in it, after reading @Jman's review of the C721 I went out and traded for that and it worked really well for the most part until last season where I could have swung a broom and got better driving results.

I'm blown away by this opportunity, this will be my first proper THP equipment review, I did a ball review once but this one is a huge improvement on that and will be forcing me to get even more active on here to give you folks my feedback, thoughts and answer any questions.

Bit about my golf swing, I'm a fast tempo swinger with driver, any fitting session I have done I'm consistently in the Extra Stiff range, hence the C721 originally with the HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5, this was switched out last season for a TPT 15 Lo tipped 1 inch. My struggle is any amateur golfers struggle, developed a wicked push to slice swing which has meant leaving driver out of the bag for some men's club tournaments to try to score better.

My order was tricky, I really was leaning towards the E723 to get that forgiveness and launch but I struggle with back & side spin so that had me going back and forth with the C723. Once @Browndog showed the custom no charge shaft list that helped me with my final decision.

C723 10.5* with the Ventus Blue 60 S shaft, kept it standard length and grip for the initial testing as I normally play 44.5" in my driver but wanted to see how the standard offering worked. I've wanted to try the Ventus range for a while now and even though it's not the top model I think it will be a good shaft to start with. I also went a flex softer as I wanted to keep the lower spinning head but help get the ball launching easier with the Ventus and 10.5* head.

This experience is also going to give me a great opportunity to fine tune this driver between loft & lie as well as the weighting which the C721 was pretty limited in what you could adjust with weights.

Looking forward to the first delivery pictures and feedback from all the great TEEm 2023 members!

Thanks THP.

Interesting how things work out sometimes, just a week or so before I found out that I had been selected to TEEm Tour Edge I kind of cleaned out a bunch of old clubs, either selling them or giving them away, including almost all of my Tour Edge stuff. I still have a CBX 119 16.5* fairway, and a EX9 Tour 20* hybrid, but the rest is gone. Would have been fun to have them around for comparisons, but oh well. 🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to everyone's reviews and thoughts. As a member of TEEm Tour Edge 2022, I am excited for you all. I am hoping you all get the chance to review the irons as they look good this year and would be fun to real everyone's thoughts.

Something else the TEEm was kind of talking about offline, and then came up in another thread, was what else we would like to review this year, after the driver. For me, I'd really like to get irons, for as long as I've been hitting TEE clubs, I've never hit their irons, and I really like what I've read and seen about the C723 irons. After that I'd love to see them come out with a milled face putter, that would be a great one to review! I've hit TEE fairways and hybrids for many years, so of course either of those would be fun too. I'd likely go C723 for the fairway, and E723 for the hybrid. I guess that pretty much says that I'm thrilled to be on the TEEm, and whatever they send us is going to keep me one very happy TEEm member. :drinks:

Of course another big question is, what would the forum like to see us review?

Something else the TEEm was kind of talking about offline, and then came up in another thread, was what else we would like to review this year, after the driver. For me, I'd really like to get irons, for as long as I've been hitting TEE clubs, I've never hit their irons, and I really like what I've read and seen about the C723 irons. After that I'd love to see them come out with a milled face putter, that would be a great one to review! I've hit TEE fairways and hybrids for many years, so of course either of those would be fun too. I'd likely go C723 for the fairway, and E723 for the hybrid. I guess that pretty much says that I'm thrilled to be on the TEEm, and whatever they send us is going to keep me one very happy TEEm member. :drinks:

Of course another big question is, what would the forum like to see us review?

Back