Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

I never understood the love that LM got.
For a guy who would never, ever wear a shirt with a wild pattern I liked a few of the LM patterns, obviously. I'm not certain I would buy a pair now that I'm a bit older, but at the time .....

Same inseam, but they look glorious on me. 🤣
All you tall people. Making me feel short and stuff over here.

I was just getting ready to post, after reading 5 pages btw, that I miss $15 weekend rates. I must be considerably older than you. Could be location based, but my course which is excellent, is only $42, riding, weekdays, as a senior.
I’m in North Fl. No excuse for some of these courses to be in this bad of shape at the prices they are charging. At least in the past if the course was having some struggles the rates would drop. That’s fair enough. But there are a few courses I refuse to play due to poor price/condition ratio. And as long as people (whoever they are) are paying the fees for very poor conditions I don’t see why they would be super motivated to make the needed investment.
Sorry. But I needed to get that rant out of my system. 👊😁

They have a purpose, but you’re pretty much wearing black shorts with them
Or in winter ,,.. white shoes with mud on them is never a good look

Hate the flat brim 👊🏼
I only hate the flat brim because I can't pull it off. I'm a pin head and they look absolutely ridiculous on me . Like a toddler wearing a mixing bowl. Doesn't matter what size I try, they just don't look right.

Wait... whats 7 inches?
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

“Tiger Woods” might actually be the right answer.

Golf sandals with spikes. I guess they still sell them, somewhere. But I haven’t seen them on the course in a couple decades. Not bad for casual summer rounds when you’re riding a cart.

Golf sandals with spikes. I guess they still sell them, somewhere. But I haven’t seen them on the course in a couple decades. Not bad for casual summer rounds when you’re riding a cart.
Oh No Eating GIF by Declan McKenna

They're still around. Unfortunately. There's a snowbird in the morning league at my course who plays in golf sandals and denim bib overall shorts with a polo underneath. In the middle of winter.

Flat Brim hats, They look stoopid on anyone younger than 40.

Back