Your favorite golf trend(s) that didn't last?

Orange! I'd love to pull out the orange bio cell and not look crazy

I can’t really think of anything I’ve liked that didn’t last generally, but personally, it’s my Poulter phase. White belt and tartan trousers. I thought I looked the dogs bollocks back then. Occasionally, a pic will come up of me from a golf trip on a Facebook memory, and of course, I looked down right ridiculous, so neither item will be returning to my closet, but at the time, I loved trying to make a statement.

I see one for $50 on amazon right now. I'm not going to buy it, but I want it lol
Read this fully before you comment: check eBay. Not the preowned stuff, that’s bordering on gross to boy you need Jesus. But look for new, new without tags. Not uncommon to see them for way cheaper.

Honestly, the thing I miss the most is a good selection of cotton polos. Glenmuir makes some with 95% cotton, but they are getting harder and harder to find.

• Mind Blown
Reactions: Bus
I'd say of golfers between the ages of 25 and 45 I see at my home course, on any given day maybe half of them will be wearing a white belt. It may be down from "a little more than half" to "a little less than half" recently but it's still a thing for sure.

Clothing choices for a typical golfer in that cohort start with white golf shoes, no-show socks and a white belt. Everything else seems built around that de facto standard. I'm pretty sure most of them don't own any other color shoes or belts.

That's me (except for the age bracket). :cool:

Not having to hear some self centered morons music coming from the next fairway.

White belt isn’t going away. Looks too good with navy and white shoes.

Apparel wise, I miss the Adidas Climachill polos. They had little metal beads that would sit along your upper back and they’d get colder when sweat or wind hit them.

I bought as many as I could find in my size when they were going away :(

I've got two of those still in my "golf shirt rotation." 😁

White belt isn’t going away. Looks too good with navy and white shoes.

Apparel wise, I miss the Adidas Climachill polos. They had little metal beads that would sit along your upper back and they’d get colder when sweat or wind hit them. I bought as many as I could find in my size when they were going away :(
I forgot about these! They were actually a really cool little innovation

During the early days of the Covid Pandemic our course went with elevated cups to keep people from touching the flag sticks. If your ball hit the cup it was good.

We rammed our putts and chips at the cup and never made so many birdies and eagles!

Didn’t last long until other options like pool noodle sections in the cup, and other inventions took hold.

The flags with the ball lifter on the bottom are still being used which I like.

Not sure if they fall under a trend, but I always loved the look. Yes, Payne Stewart brought them back. His NFL color scheme was really cool. We actually have one guy at my home course still wearing them. He’s the sharpest looking gent on the course.

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
Reasonable length shorts.
Family Guy Summer GIF

I too have the same shirt. Grey at Miami Beach like vibes. I love to wear it to the gym and then do zero leg day.
Lol, same one, except I have the black one.

Back