Where is your game?

There’s always the possibility of slight improvement but from what I’ve seen from my iron game so far this year, I’ll be lucky to match last years index. Been practicing a ton of hours but have only put in 2 rounds. My ability and potential are what they are.

After a miserable Fall/Winter of 2023/2024, Spring is exactly what I needed. I think I have found my game once again. Feels really good.

Terrible except in events. I’m at a 4 year handicap high

Last summer was very busy (planning a wedding, getting married, and house shopping) and only got about 5 rounds in. Didn't do any golf related activities over the winter.

Needless to say, my game is not in a good place at the moment. I have about a month to figure it out before league starts. I'm currently playing no where near my handicap.

Too busy with garden chores to get on the course. Just planted a new 150sq foot rose bed!
Best to do a lot of stuff now, while we are in the short transition zone between winter and spring.
I can move plants with minimal stress if I do it now.

Practicing a new driver swing in the back yard with foam golf balls.
Just as well. With ten inches of rain the last five weeks the course is soaked with water!

It’s been getting more and more consistent which is awesome. Handicap is just about the lowest it’s ever been. I’m looking forward to seeing where i finish the year

I've been looking for it for a few months. Playing frequently and not hitting it that awful but just not scoring as well as I should be. Way more doubles and worse than I'm used to making. Had a round >100 for 1st time in decades recently. We had a real small group last time out (just 7 golfers) on paper I had lowest cap yet got beat by 3-10 strokes gross by everyone else. Humbling game.

In hibernation currently- first round scheduled for Saturday although it's rained for the last 24 hours and I'm not certain how soggy it's going to be.

Certainly looking forward to finding out though.
I’m with you. I’m actually not certain when my club will open with pins in (goes to temporary greens in November). I was hoping for this weekend but we have had rain for three straight days.

I’m itching to get out because I have some new Smoke AI (Driver and FWs) that I want to play.

Broken, battered, bruised.
It’s on the mend. Have some faith in yourself. You’ll have it dialed by member guest. If not just have it dialed by member member.

It’s on the mend. Have some faith in yourself. You’ll have it dialed by member guest. If not just have it dialed by member member.
I shot 86 yesterday. Windy or not, I’ve not done that in years. And what’s worse, I’m soft capped, so it’s just insult to injury hahaha

For the first time in my golfing career I actually know what I’m supposed to be doing and feeling in the swing. Have spent years trying to bandaid bad swing habits. Those bandaids then caused worse habits. GolfTec video proved it. Currently I’m diligently working on a remedy that has swing heading in the proper direction.
I’m super positive that this season will be the best golf I’ve played ever.

I shot 86 yesterday. Windy or not, I’ve not done that in years. And what’s worse, I’m soft capped, so it’s just insult to injury hahaha
Clear those demons out of your head and just go play. It’s there just let it happen.

I'll let you know after next week. Prediction: bad, but still having fun.

I'll let you know after next week. Prediction: bad, but still having fun.
Bad is a relative term. What classifies as bad.

Bad is a relative term. What classifies as bad.
Well, I haven't really dialed in the full swing. I could use a couple more months of winter tbh lol. I don't expect to be any worse, but I'm not expecting to be better. My 15-16 index should be in line with what to expect.

Hitting the ball pretty good, chipping and putting need some love lol

Golf is hard and frustrating some times.

Where is your game?​

Out in the dumpster, where it belongs.

Played a couple times in Florida in March after coming off our typical winter layoff and was right where I’d want to be mid season, so that was refreshing. I have some hope I can push my average back towards 70’s again.

It's a burning garbage fire... I'm taking way too long to recover from a basic knee cleanup at the end of the year, so my knee still hurts and I'm making all kinds of adjustments to try and play, and it's just bad. 😐

Typical arc so far. Handicap creeps up coming out of the winter golf, but I like where the game is. Chipping terribly, but making a few putts. Driver and irons just fine.

Albatross Coins worthy

Back