Where is your game?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6
Coming into mid-April, when most should be able to be out playing, what is the current state of your game?

I couldn’t be happier right now honestly the swing feels really good the swing work the past 3 seasons is paying off. Speed training has been a huge boon. My body feels great and I’m ready to have a low season.

Pretty happy with it at the moment, but that's subject to change on a day by day basis. :LOL:

I have no idea. I’ve hit some of the best shots ever and some of the worst so far. Zero consistency currently because of the weather. It’s going to be in the 70s this weekend and then snow again next week. I hate it so much

This gif below sums it up. My last 4 rounds were 74-88-74-80. The 80 was with a 37 on the front side in which I had a double, triple, and 4 birdies.
Fun Ride GIF by PortAventuraWorld

My game? It feels surprisingly good. I had a streak of strong play to end last season, and this year that good play seems to have carried over. I have a good feel for my swing, good and bad, and love seeing the short game work pay off. I'm sure the wheels will fall off the bus any day now, but today, I like my game.

Waterlogged. Had a few rounds I was hoping to get in, but heavy rains have held me back.

It Slaps Season 4 GIF by The Good Place

graph adobe flash player GIF

Still needs work, but trending up!

Tough to tell at this point with only one round in, but man did it feel good to get out and play. I had some pretty positive takeaways after last weekend, and I've got a few chances to get out booked for this weekend and build on things.

I think I'm on the verge of moving from my current 13 to perhaps even single digits this season. Things are coming together nicely. I keep hitting more and more quality shots, and feeling more and more in control. I just need to make adjustments to swing and strategy so my bad holes are bogies, not doubles and certainly not triples.

Nothing outdoors yet, soon though.

Drivers/Woods is a complete **** show right now, anything I get from them right now is horribly bad.
Irons - decent. Figuring out some swing issues has brought more distance and better contact. Never know if I am going to hit a draw/fade/hook though.
Wedges - Unknown, I need to be outdoors for accurate observation
Putting - Same.

It is the first year ever, that I have put in work December to April. Hoping it pays off.... but man I am tired and need a break from golf lol.

I love all the optimism for the new season in here!!

Hit enough good shots just need to eliminate doubles.

Need my driver to stay consistent
IMG_6160.jpeg

Bright spots but can’t get off the tee box I’ve hit 5 off the tee a couple times, don’t know if it’s left, right, 10’ ahead or 3’.

Only two rounds in.....not good

I think I'm on the verge of moving from my current 13 to perhaps even single digits this season. Things are coming together nicely. I keep hitting more and more quality shots, and feeling more and more in control. I just need to make adjustments to swing and strategy so my bad holes are bogies, not doubles and certainly not triples.
Man, avoiding those doubles or worse is SO crucial to getting the index down.

I will have my first round of the year on Saturday, so will find out soon. Practice has felt pretty good at least.

Bright spots but can’t get off the tee box I’ve hit 5 off the tee a couple times, don’t know if it’s left, right, 10’ ahead or 3’.
I remember a driver and shaft combo you hit very well recently.

I am seeing some really good things. I am concerned that my driver club speed seems to have some pretty significant fluctuations. I was seeing ball speeds of up to 150 mph with driver a couple months ago while swinging on TrackMan, but lately I have been around 140 to 142. I don’t think that I can play my best golf unless I can get my ball speed with driver back up to around 146 or more.

I am super confident in my putting right now. I have had a higher number of up and down par saves as well. My last round, I shot a 7 over, with two double bogies, both of which I was sitting in the fairway with a gap wedge in my hands. If I parred those holes, I would have shot a great score.

I am playing tomorrow and am super excited to see where I am at, only two weeks out from the Vokey Experience at Ballyhack.

I ask myself this question quite often these days :LOL::ROFLMAO:

In neutral waiting on my clubs to get finished.

Not great, but on the cusp of some good golf. Ball striking is getting there, but am now fighting a hook that I never had before that decided to show up.

Back