Where is your game?

Haven't scored as well as I'd hoped, but feel like I'm hitting the ball well.

My game, for me, is doing well. I'm still breaking 90 most of the time, and have even scared 80 a few times. I missed a 5 foot putt the other day that would've gave me a 79.

I made a a minor swing change a few weeks ago, plus a grip change that has really helped.

I'm using my driver more, and hitting more fairways. My gir number has improved a little.

I'm just glad to still be playing decent golf at my age..

It felt like everything was coming together and then has been inconsistent the last couple weeks.

Still I’m optimistic I’ll put it together

Only got a few rounds in but pleased with the state of the game. I lost around 15 pounds over the winter so feel better physically.

Coming into mid-April, when most should be able to be out playing, what is the current state of your game?
Season has not started yet. Weather not cooperating and club not yet open for play. Other than a demo day / fitting back in February, I haven't picked up a club.

First round of '24 scheduled for Saturday. I will let you know then.

Only two rounds in.....not good
GIF by HULU

Ugly! Still trying to knock off the winter rust and haven't gotten much play time on the course recently. Been raining alot when I have time and kids activities are throwing a wrench into the nice days. Going out Saturday for a round and then league starts next week. Been asked to sub twice for a different league starting next week also but again the kids activities aren't making those possible.

I live in the south where I can play most of the year round. I was striking the ball better in January than I am now. Gotta focus in on what I was doing better back then.

First official round of the season coming on Sunday so

Season 3 Idk GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Inconsistent but my hc is slowly coming down. Started out the year good off the tee but a horrible short game. Then the short game moved to mediocre but so did my driving. Now the short game is getting good but the driver is horrible. I just need to keep my focus going through the round and not get down. When I get in my own head I check out mentally and it’s over. I haven’t done that this year. Stay positive and keep out the negative thoughts. I’m trying to make that my mindset

It's not good at all. Wasn't good last year either.

Haven’t been able to play outside much yet but my game feels really good. Expecting to shave at least 2-3 strokes of my hcp this year. Going back to my usual gamer

That is such a great question. I think I’m in a good place as compared to this time last year. I just lowered my PR at the club to 75. That was a 75 that could have easily been a 70. I’m driving the ball great, I’m hitting my fairways pretty well, my iron play is decent, short game around the greens is decent, putting is OK, but could be better.

I did a lot of equipment tuning over the winter. I changed Driver, fairways, reshafted my irons, tuned my wedges, worked on putting, found a ball that performs best for me. I think the thing with the irons was tuning the 7 iron to get a 40* descent angle and 5000 spin. Being able to hold greens is a big deal. I’m hoping to lower my PRat the muni from a 70 to 60 something. My putting stats are slightly up, but I’m hitting more greens, so that’s kind of a wash.

So what do I need? More consistent iron play. Eliminate 3 putts. Continue strength and flexibility training. Stay ahead of Father Time as long as possible. Have fun, it’s just a game.

In hibernation currently- first round scheduled for Saturday although it's rained for the last 24 hours and I'm not certain how soggy it's going to be.

Certainly looking forward to finding out though.

Tough to tell because I am not playing as much as I used to with my kids schedules. I am putting more inside than anything and taking swings in the back yard. If I go off my last couple of range sessions I am happy where I am and trending to the good with more reps.

Well i'm in the northeast......so i can hit them into a box from 170 yards away with irons.....but my first time in a bunker i'm gonna take 7 shots to get out.

Pretty darn happy with the swing.

But weirdly my concentration has been absolute garbage.

Teetering upon possible breakthrough towards lower scores. Consistently, I mean.

To be determined. Our courses haven’t opened yet… but I am seriously jonesing.

Putting is feeling good though with my PuttOut.

Most importantly, I am playing frequently thanks to our mild winter. Scoring is decent as is ball striking. The greens are still a bit rough and my putting has been the primary drag on better scoring and birdies. Put me down for a B+.

Broken, battered, bruised.

I’m encouraged. My swing and mental game are functional and improving. My misses aren’t as bad and I know the whys so I’m not playing golf swing as much. It’s more mental improvement than anything. I think I actually have a shot at another big handicap drop this year. It’ll be a challenge but I think I’m in a place where I can focus on the individual moments and let the big picture sort itself out.

Last edited:
Range game is close to why I want to be. I’ve only been on the course twice and it’s been cold and the range swing and course swing are two different things. I’m hoping after a couple more rounds they will sync up better.

Back