What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I FINALLY DID IT. I broke 70 for the first time, shooting a -3, 69 at my home course. I went 35(E)/34(-3) to finally get to my goal for the summer. I am so happy, and can't wait to see if I can do it again before winter gets here!

congrats! that is awesome.

In the 60s, heck yeah! Way to go man, congrats!

Finally got a solid round under my belt, went 41/43 for an 84, scored better than I thought but I made a couple of longer putts which always helps.

Then I drove by the par three on my way home and it was empty minus me guy so I thought why not? Ended up shooting my personal best there 31, +4 and that was with a double on the first hole.

91. Up and down round, but not too mad about it, considering it was the first time I had swung a club in three weeks and the round included an early 8 (a lot of bad luck on this hole) and a 7 after the turn. Take those two holes away and I played a pretty decent round. I was striking the ball really well, but just yanking it a little bit. Closed pretty strong. Hit a nice flopper into 17 for a tap in birdie. FINALLY dug my head out of my arse and hit a nice drive on 18. Woody said, "I didn't see it, but oh my God, I heard it and you crushed it". We both came up with it settling at about 300-305 yards, with a 85 yard approach into the green, which I put to about 10' left of the hole. Missed the bird, but had a pretty easy come back for par. Was glad to close pretty strong, considering I was pretty back and forth all day. Going back at it in the morning.

I FINALLY DID IT. I broke 70 for the first time, shooting a -3, 69 at my home course. I went 35(E)/34(-3) to finally get to my goal for the summer. I am so happy, and can't wait to see if I can do it again before winter gets here!

Congrats! That is something that I will likely never do!

I dream of shooting under par. Lowest I've ever shot was a 75 back when I was playing 4 days a week. This year the best I shot was 83, I just haven't been able to get out enough. I went from a 12 to about 18hcp.. last round I shot a 95....

Thanks, y'all. I love the game, and this is just great for me. And, it let me understand just how hard it is to be a pro... I can't dream of shooting in the 60s on a day to day basis!

I shot a 43/43 the other day, but thought I had played a lot better than that. I had two birdies and an eagle. I guess the couple of OB balls and a water ball really don't help the old scorecard out too much. I don't usually count up my score until I'm done playing, and I had to count this one up three times to convince myself it was an 86. I'm not upset about an 86, as that's a good score for me, but it just felt better than that when I was finishing out the round. Oh well. Back at it again Friday.

Yesterday I snuck out for a quick 18 after work. There was a HS girls team practicing on the front so I played the back nine first and ended up shooting +2 after birdies on 17 and 18. Then I proceeded to butcher the front to the tune of +8. So I ended up shooting an 81. Breaking 70 was in range but my consistent driving left me and I had to scramble like a mad man.

72/77 at my home course, my low round of the year!

Shot a 75 after 9 I was messing with some things like flop shots and teeing off with different clubs to try to get used to hitting them. That cost me got back to my game on the last 3 holes to shoot -1. Rained for the back 9 as well I really like walking but carrying does get to me a little bit near the end of the round. I may look for a super light bag and dump some stuff out of my bag.

Still fighting a push/slice. Shot 85, but due to afore-mentioned push/slice had to chip out of the trees 7 times. Had a good back 9 - 40, with only 2 drives into the trees.

I shot a Hackers 82 today. I felt like I hit the ball poorly all day, I was shocked when Mike added up the scores. I had 2 pars, 6 bogeys and a double on the front, but came around nicely on the back with 2 birds, 4 pars, 2 bogeys and a double. My iron striking was particularly bad all day until the 12th hole. I didn't hit a single green on the first 11, then I found the green in two on a shorter par 5. I think I hit 5 of the next 6 from that point on.

Shot 85 (44,41). Could not find my groove until the very end finishing up birdie, birdie, par on the last 3 holes. At least it's in there somewhere some of the time.

Shot 85 (44,41). Could not find my groove until the very end finishing up birdie, birdie, par on the last 3 holes. At least it's in there somewhere some of the time.

Makes you wonder where the hell it is when you need it. Nothing wrong with 85 KellyBo!

Makes you wonder where the hell it is when you need it. Nothing wrong with 85 KellyBo!

I know! I barely missed a birdie putt on 18 too. It was weird how I started hitting so good at the end. Better late than never. Now I won't quit. Haha

Exactly. It's a dirty trick. I play my best golf between holes 8-12 usually. It's pretty consistent too.

93 today, 47/46. No excuses, just played bad. All of a sudden my game sucks!

I think a trip to Iowa will straighten you out Duey.

Strong finish, way to bring it to the clubhouse. :thumb:

Get a pullcart and look like an oldman like me :)

Shot a 75 after 9 I was messing with some things like flop shots and teeing off with different clubs to try to get used to hitting them. That cost me got back to my game on the last 3 holes to shoot -1. Rained for the back 9 as well I really like walking but carrying does get to me a little bit near the end of the round. I may look for a super light bag and dump some stuff out of my bag.

I think a trip to Iowa will straighten you out Duey.

It's all between the ears right now and with my big ears its tough to fix, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back