What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you man. I carded an 82 with 25 putts just three rounds ago. And then once you figure your swing out, back to 36 putts

Sounds like a tournament I just played. first round inconsistent ball striking but zero 3 putts. second round better ball striking but 7 three puts.

why do we play this silly game again? :confused2:

79 from the whites today! 40/39.

Walked 4 holes. I got 2 pars, and 2 bogeys.

Absolutely BRUTAL! 52/48 for a 100 with 42 putts, seriously???? I shot a 40 on a 9 hole Thursday and shot 41/46 for an 87 Friday (the 46 was rough) and I think I had 15 putts on the 40 and 34 putts on the 87. Today was a nightmare. I couldn't do ANYTHING right. First hole and 17/18 were beautiful but the other 15 were absolute frustration.

94 yesterday. hmm.

Been a while since I've been on, and haven't been able to play much golf the last two weeks due to work travel, but apparently that's a good thing. The game continues to come back...

a5ynavug.jpg

Nice rounds guys. You both hit a lot of GIR!

Scorecard from Friday's round at Olde Atlanta the pre golf site of the Atlanta Invitational. Played from the tips on this one which is just too much course for me as I'm not a long hitter. The bermuda rough was long and balls dropped to the bottom. A missed fairway was very penal.
81613OldeAtlantaScorecard_zps2e01a14e.jpg

Scorecard from The Trophy Club of Atlanta on Saturday at the Atlanta Invitational. Put two nines together for the first time in about 6 weeks. Avoided the blowup holes and scrambled well.
81713TrophyClubScorecard_zps80192360.jpg

Post Invitational round on Sunday at River Pines. Course was very wet and cart path only. Seemed like I was always on the opposite side of the fairway from the cart! Ok front nine but some bad holes on the back. Not too displeased with the round since it was first time on the course and the conditions weren't great. Would like to play this one again sometime.

81813RiverPinesScorecard_zpsd4d27bcb.jpg

Finally put my Saturday round at The Trophy Club into oob, I thought I had shot 86 and 1-T had me down for 84. I had counted my birdie as a 3, fortunately I use circles and squares on birdies and bogey's. I had a circled 3 on the second par 3 which I had actually birdied from 8 feet. 44/41=85 which was a great improvement on my round from the previous week at TCC. FWs was at 85.7%, both misses were very penal, GIRs was at 38.9% and I used 33 putts with one 3 putt. The course at only 6000 yards actually played long for me as most of my drives were 200 to 220 because of no roll, it is rough being an old man.

Another heart breaker out there today. Struck the ball really well, had two birdies, ten pars, two bogeys and of course a double and three triples. Ended up shooting an 85, I was bummed. The double bogey really irked me, it was a par 4 with water to the right of the green. I hit my ball with a fade and I heard it land but I couldn't find it, no splash, did not roll off the bank. I think it plugged somewhere, same thing on the first triple, watched my ball land and couldn't find it.

Another heart breaker out there today. Struck the ball really well, had two birdies, ten pars, two bogeys and of course a double and three triples. Ended up shooting an 85, I was bummed. The double bogey really irked me, it was a par 4 with water to the right of the green. I hit my ball with a fade and I heard it land but I couldn't find it, no splash, did not roll off the bank. I think it plugged somewhere, same thing on the first triple, watched my ball land and couldn't find it.

not bad man, 2 birdies is solid...what happened on the triples?

not bad man, 2 birdies is solid...what happened on the triples?

The first triple I hit a good drive, mishit the second and I hit my third well and I couldn't find it. It must have landed in the water short of the green but I never saw it splash. The other two were on 16 and 18. Shanked my drive, then 3 putted. The 18 was another annoying one, I couldn't tell which was the fairway went, I hit it ob. Played all those holes well minus the penalties.

I am happy with the birdies, I just missed a few other ones. I also played in under three hours and I waited 20 minutes on one hole. I started somewhere between 115-130 and finished at 350.

First sub 80 round this month 39/39=78 missed only 1 FW for 92.9%, and was 50% GIRs. 32 putts with no 3 putts, 8 bogey's, 8 pars and 2 birdies. I hope this carries over to tomorrow's blitz.

My wife set up a round with another gal who wanted a break from playing golf with her husband today. She just got done, and she shot an 83. I love that my wife can play this game pretty well.

First sub 80 round this month 39/39=78 missed only 1 FW for 92.9%, and was 50% GIRs. 32 putts with no 3 putts, 8 bogey's, 8 pars and 2 birdies. I hope this carries over to tomorrow's blitz.

Good job buddy! Now go and kick some butt tomorrow :deadhorse:!

Played Valley View in Layton Utah. Shot a 79 with 3 penalty strokes and a double bogey on 18. I did manage 67% GIR today, the G25 irons are deep and straight.

Today I played Cypress Creek Golfers Club in Smithfield VA. The tees we played were 6554, 72.2, and 130. I shot my CARERR LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 81. I shot an 81 with 2 doubles and 1 birdie on 18. From 15-17 I had birdie putts stop within a foot each time. I played with a buddy who was declared a pro a couple years ago but has deiced it just was not for him. I have played with him three times and each time it has been a score below 85 and I have felt so good about my game. Told him he must be my lucky charm. This gives me a lot of confidence going into a tourney amongst friends this weekend. Hope I can continue the good work.

75 with 2 double bogies on the front.:beat-up: I had an unusual shot on a par 5 today - hit my 60* wedge from 96 yards after dumping my 2nd shot in the water hazard guarding the 14th green. It landed 20 inches behind the hole, spun back, and stopped with 1/3rd of the ball hanging over the back lip of the cup - it was directly behind the pin from where I hit my shot so it looked like it went in. Would have been an amazing birdie with the penalty stroke but I was happy taking a par.

Lots of good rounds, nice work everyone!

It was going great today... Even par going into #9 despite an OB tee ball on 7, and then this happened...

20130820_184659.jpg

Hey, course maintenance friends.. Feel free to mow soon..

Oh, and I finished +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back