What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you shoot today?

Played one of my favorites today, The Old North State Club with, and thanks to, fellow THPer ncsalesman. Made it around pretty well for an 82 with a 39, including birdie on 18, coming in. Three doubles took away my chance of a round in the 70s. Two penalties led to two of those, 3w tee shot into the junk and an unplayable after one of my drives stymied behind a tree.

I always love playing this Fazio gem that seems to hardly get any play. I don't think there were more than 10-12 groups out today. Overcast so I only took a couple pics, but here is from the right of the 17th green.
nyzedura.jpg

Weird round today for sure. I worked all morning so I did lots of sweating so by the time I made it to the course my eyes were irritated and I was extremely tired. So I walked 18 in the afternoon sun, the weird part was putting, I couldn't see well out my right eye so I closed it to putt. It was great! I was hitting every putt close or making it, no three-putts. Unfortunately, tee to green wasn't as good. Nine bogies the first 12 holes, seven of those because of hitting into the rough. On the day, eight pars, nine bogies, one birdie. 80 (42, 38)

Now I'm anxious to putt one-eyed tomorrow to see if it's the same effect when I can see?????

That hole has a sweet view Jeremy!!

The finishing three there are amazing, all playing on the lake. There's another half dozen or so that play out to the water in smaller coves. Gorgeous course on an even better piece of land. God and Fazio did well.

The finishing three there are amazing, all playing on the lake. There's another half dozen or so that play out to the water in smaller coves. Gorgeous course on an even better piece of land. God and Fazio did well.

Wow. That looks awesome and you put together a solid round too. A finishing birdie always helps!

36/44=80.

First round in a month so I'll take it. Felt great on the front but back tightened up quickly on 11. Couldn't comfortably turn through impact.

Played in the city am on Sunday and it got moved to a 36 hole event because of a rain out on Saturday. It was a shotgun start with two groups teeing off on each hole. It took an hour and a half to play the first 3 holes.

I hit the ball decently but my putting was atrocious. I missed a lot of short putts. Took us over 12 hours to play 2 rounds. Was 6 over the first nine and then got in a groove and shot even on the back. I couldn't regain my momentum for the second 18 and allowed my frustration at playing poorly to get the better of me. 77/81.

42/42. I hit 10/14 fairways and my iron play was good. I played the first 6 holes +1 and the last 12 +13. My short game went to hell on 7 and I just couldn't figure it out. Very frustrating since I hit more fairways than I normally do yet I scored worse than I have been.

On a bit of a roll which is making me happy. A nice 87 with one double the rest bogeys and pars, one 3 putt which was a very simple mistake.... arrggg! Brings my OOB handicap down below 15. Start of the year 18.2, now 14.9, happy chappy!

Got to keep this going.

84, had some awesome time since my drives were long and straight!

majanyhy.jpg

Shot 40/38=78 in todays blitz, started double, bogey, bogey but settled down pretty well after that. 10 pars, 2 doubles, 4 bogeys and 2 birds. Hit 78.6% FWs, 38.9 GIRs and used 29 putts.

Played 9 today for men's league. I blew up again and shot a 43. I'm so sick of playing terrible golf. I know it's because I don't play half as much as I used to but I can't help getting upset. In two years my handicap has more than doubled. I'm to the point where I'd almost rather not play than play this poorly.

Played 9 today for men's league. I blew up again and shot a 43. I'm so sick of playing terrible golf. I know it's because I don't play half as much as I used to but I can't help getting upset. In two years my handicap has more than doubled. I'm to the point where I'd almost rather not play than play this poorly.

Lot's of folks would love to be good enough to shoot 43, I know how you feel HR but not playing is not the best idea IMO. Hang in there buddy.

Nice round, Randy, wish my round was half that good.

40/41 81 today. A real mixed bag, with some of my best drives of the year, but I have no idea what's happened to my putting. 19/15 is nothing to be excited about.

41 and 45 with the new irons. No range work just took those bad boys out on the course and they felt great! Overall I played ok just some dumb mistakes that lead to a couple blow up holes. Momentum to build on.

41 and 45 with the new irons. No range work just took those bad boys out on the course and they felt great! Overall I played ok just some dumb mistakes that lead to a couple blow up holes. Momentum to build on.

And the 8 iron survived? Victory!

Haha yes it it did going to be much more carefully with the new set.

Solid round, especially considering it was a new set!

It was not a particularly good day score-wise when the highlights were good recovery shots out of the thick rough. :beat-up:

Nine bogies, two doubles, and seven pars. 85 (42, 43)

+1 (71) 13 GIR, 4 birdies, driver went dead straight ALL DAY (2 missed GIRs came from between 75yds out....1 was over the back, 1 was short)
On short holes I would tee off with 5 iron or hybrid, just so I would have a full shot to green.

I'm better from 130yd than I am from 75yd....anyone else feel this way?

+1 (71) 13 GIR, 4 birdies, driver went dead straight ALL DAY (2 missed GIRs came from between 75yds out....1 was over the back, 1 was short)
On short holes I would tee off with 5 iron or hybrid, just so I would have a full shot to green.

Nice!! Great round.

I FINALLY DID IT. I broke 70 for the first time, shooting a -3, 69 at my home course. I went 35(E)/34(-3) to finally get to my goal for the summer. I am so happy, and can't wait to see if I can do it again before winter gets here!

I FINALLY DID IT. I broke 70 for the first time, shooting a -3, 69 at my home course. I went 35(E)/34(-3) to finally get to my goal for the summer. I am so happy, and can't wait to see if I can do it again before winter gets here!

Congratulations, that is quite the new personal best.

Wow, great job. Congrats!

Great rounds fellas. Care to give a lesson? haha:confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back