What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a new course for me today and had a good round. Shot an 84 (42, 42) with 12 pars. Pared all the par 3's. Had a beautiful 3 wood for a second shot to the green on a long par five which I thought was going to be on the green when we got up there. When we got closer to the green I saw the dreaded water that surrounded the entire front front of the green. I had no idea and as a result ended up going 3 over on that hole. Don't ask but it got really bad for that hole. Really threw me off thinking I would be on the green. Went double double after that then brought it back together for the last hole. No bogies just doubles and triples. Driver was great and wedge game was really great. 40 yard wedge shot holed for a great par save. (never done that before!) Just a good fun round for me.

43/40 83 for me yesterday. Played very well but had a blowup 8 on a par 4 that prevented me from having a sniff at the 70's.
Hit every fairway on the back 9
10 GIR
1 Penalty

Again I gave myself 4 or 5 10-15 footers for birdie but just couldn't convert them.

Played Grande Dunes in Myrtle today. Shot a 101. Had 4 terrible holes to start the round but played a lot better the back nine.

Play True Blue and Caledonia tomorrow

Redstone golf course where the Shell Houston Open is played shot PB of 98 48/50.

League's end-of-season-9-hole-best-ball-gross/net tourney today (quite a mouthful there).

I shot a 48 (net 33) for 9 holes. It could have been 4-5 shots lower except I took a 9 on the 2nd hole and my putting sucked -- I was leaving everything short and had lots of 3-putts which usually is relatively rare for me. I was nailing the driver which felt great.

My partner and I both beat our handicaps nicely - he shot a 40 and was a 10 handicap so that's a net 30. When we finished up the scoring worksheet, we had put together a 26 for the round which is a pretty good score. I guess we'll find out tomorrow whether that was good enough to win anything.

I played great (almost awesome) golf today, but bailed myself out BIG time.

3/9 greens.
6/7 fairways.
11 putts.
2 birds.

-1 (35).

Super wet fairways had me lifting and thinning wedges long, but my wedge game was awesome. Felt great to hang on to par all the way through and then drop one to go under at the end, after that poor GIR performance. #ShortGameConfidenceBuilder!!

3/9 greens.
6/7 fairways.
11 putts.
2 birds.

-1 (35).

Super wet fairways had me lifting and thinning wedges long, but my wedge game was awesome. Felt great to hang on to par all the way through and then drop one to go under at the end, after that poor GIR performance. #ShortGameConfidenceBuilder!!

That's an awesome score with only 3 GIRs buddy. One day I will have your short game.

Lots of wasted evenings buddy!!! Wedge party.

I can't wait until we tee it up!

Yes dude, this will happen soon I hope. The range at my new home course has an awesome setup for short game so I'll have an opportunity to work on that like I've never had before. I also have unlimited range balls and one of the best short game instructors there is at my disposal.

Yes dude, this will happen soon I hope. The range at my new home course has an awesome setup for short game so I'll have an opportunity to work on that like I've never had before. I also have unlimited range balls and one of the best short game instructors there is at my disposal.

Sweet!! That make such a huge difference.. My course has an okay putting/chipping green but an excellent grass range. I don't know what I'd do without it!!!

3/9 greens.
6/7 fairways.
11 putts.
2 birds.

-1 (35).

Great round!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

After being really quick last weekend, I took a few days off and finally got back out there tonight. Shot a 41.

Irons were off a little bit and kept missing my targets. Almost chipped in for birdie twice and had 14 putts.

Overall though I was really pleased after a miserable two rounds over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

37 (+2)

I'll have a great big update in the KBS C Taper Lite thread tomorrow. My irons were money tonight.

Looking forward to that post about the C Tapers Jake. Very nice 9 hole round there.

3/9 greens.
6/7 fairways.
11 putts.
2 birds.

-1 (35).

Well done sir! 11 putts on 9 holes is the stuff of dreams for me. Time to practice.

Played Grande Dunes in Myrtle today. Shot a 101. Had 4 terrible holes to start the round but played a lot better the back nine.

Play True Blue and Caledonia tomorrow

That's 3 solid courses in two days right there. Enjoy!

3/9 greens.
6/7 fairways.
11 putts.
2 birds.

-1 (35).

Meh, you missed a fairway.

Haha, great round man!

That's 3 solid courses in two days right there. Enjoy!

And we play River Club Saturday. No one in our group has played there before so we will see how that course is.

First time I played this course today and went round in 110. Was quite pleased with that score, it was a totally different test than I am use and a much tougher course all round. Good front nine of 51 before a slacker back nine of 59. Overally fairly pleased and looking forward to getting on both sunday and monday

Took yesterday afternoon off of work to play and am sure glad I did. I shot 72 (+1) for my best round ever. I was even on the front with two birdies and two bogeys and +1 on the back, with a birdie and two three-putt bogeys. I wasn't too happy with the three-putts, but overall, I had a fantastic putting round for me, so I can't complain. Days that like make you want to get right back out there. Yesterday was really the first time in my life I've ever had the feeling that I could go low (relatively speaking, of course). So time to go put in some practice with my wedges, which were pretty mediocre overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back