What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't play from the tips in high school.

Really? I guess maybe different areas are different. We played from the tips at every course we played.

37. My only regret is not having time to play a full round. I couldn't miss hit to save my life today. If only I could bottle that up.

37. My only regret is not having time to play a full round. I couldn't miss hit to save my life today. If only I could bottle that up.

Such a good feeling isn't it

Tied my PB today. 37/39 for a nice 76.

Short game was superb. 28 putts (which is a personal best) and absolutely zero three putts. Also had a personal best 4 birdies in one round.

Nice work there slice

Played a course I've never been to today. Otter Creek - Par 71, 71.1/126 at 6521 yards.

76 (+5) - 11/14 FIR, 12/18 GIR, 33 putts.

It's a links wannabe course. It still has trees on some holes, but it's pretty sparse and has long fescue lining the sides of the rough. I don't usually play links courses particularly well, but today my swing felt pretty good. I was striking the ball well, commanding my flight and able to hit knock down shots when/where I needed to. The only issue I was having today was with putting. I just couldn't sink a birdie for the life of me. Had 4 or 5 lip out. Had a 6 footer for birdie that did a 360 around the cup, d'oh! Just one of those days and rounds, but pretty happy with the outcome.

Have a scramble event Monday that I feel confident my group can win. Will probably try to get one more 18 round in before that event.

You must have played maybe North and East course. East is the newest nine, built in the mid 90's. Its definitely a links style 9, the North and west was built in the 60's by RTJ and the East built by Rees Jones, iirc. North and West are certainly more park land and through the trees. I really really like playing there, its so nice and is always in excellent shape. Nice shooting there as well.

I had my worst ball striking day one a long time. Could not get it if a tee box today. And my iron play was all over the place. The wedges and putter were working very well though. If not for those clubs this round would have been a total waste.
Shot an 87 playing some very ugly golf.

40 in my early 9 hole round this AM. Started with one of the longest drives I've ever hit here, but a poor chip for a starting hole bogey. Birdie on #2 with one hell of a shot from 90 yards over water to a front pin and 3 foot uphill putt. just solid golf until a double bit me on #7 and a stupid bogey on #8. My putting has suddenly went horribly wrong, about time to contact SeeMore.

Well put up a 41 yesterday. And will let you know this afternoon about today's round.

Too bad I wasn't a member back then. Great facility, course and staff. My only criticism is having bent grass tee boxes and fairways. I think they use blue grass. I just prefer how bent grass grows when it's maintained well.

I do not think the redesigned layout and new holes do anything to improve Otter Creek. That combined with the greens fees mean I don't pay there often.

42/40. Played the AC Country club. Started out a little shaky but I got into a groove. The greens were by far the fastest greens I have ever played. They gave me fits the first few holes. Beautiful course.

Just played my little 9 hole course near my house. I play for free because I volunteer there but I played pretty miserable today. My head was a mess and I went 49 and 45 so at least I improved but it was a frustrating day out there. Even more so because I shot a 40 at the SAME course on Wednesday. Ugh.... just need to learn from it and move on

An incredibly painful and frustrating 90. No idea what happened to my swing. That was one if the least enjoyable rounds I've played.

Played a 4 man scramble today, we shot a 62 (par 72), winning score was a 57....

Funny enough the scores didn't matter, prizes were randomly drawn from a hat LOL.

Hit some very nice drives, drained some long putts, and hit some completely disgusting shots as well.

Man golf is a fickle thing. Yesterday I hated it. Today not so much.

Yesterday at a practice round I shot 72. Today was the first round of a tourney and I started well with 36 on the front, then blew up on the back and shot 44 for an 80. Hopefully tomorrow will be more consistent.

I have been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to join-in. Thought this would be a good spot to start. I shot a 49 on the front and 40 on the back today at my local club. Thats a great score for me, breaking 100 is always good for me much less 90. Ha

I have been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to join-in. Thought this would be a good spot to start. I shot a 49 on the front and 40 on the back today at my local club. Thats a great score for me, breaking 100 is always good for me much less 90. Ha

Welcome to THP hop in to the introduction thread and say hi!

Congrats on thr 89 and welcome to thp

Welcome to THP. And nice job on breaking 90 today.

Tied my PB today. 37/39 for a nice 76.

Short game was superb. 28 putts (which is a personal best) and absolutely zero three putts. Also had a personal best 4 birdies in one round.

42/40. Played the AC Country club. Started out a little shaky but I got into a groove. The greens were by far the fastest greens I have ever played. They gave me fits the first few holes. Beautiful course.

Great job guys.

And welcome to THP down south!

Shot 41 today. Only had time for nine. Felt pretty good about it.

Honestly, my driver has always been the most consistent club in my bag, but as of late it's been leaving me as my iron and wedge game has been improving. Putting didn't go that great either. I'm not mad at a 41. However, I definitely feel I could do better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

42 / 46, 88 at Jacaranda CC - East course. 10/14 FIR, 5/18 GIR, 32 putts. Xtreme was on fire today hitting 9/11 fairways. 3W, short irons and putting not so much. Back to the range tomorrow!

86, best ever on this course (Mattawang, NJ) and 10 better than the other best score here. Very happy with the ball striking, only 9 fairways hit but the misses we very manageable so a happy bunny today.

Shot 48/44 yesterday for an average round of 92. If the wedges would have worked for me, it could have been a great round. I ended up with 5 pars on the back, but had some blow up holes also. A triple and two doubles to be exact. But I left the course knowing that the lessons are paying off and to stick with the program. I've never had 5 pars through any 9 holes before, although I've shot much better scores. Now it's all about eliminating those big numbers.

Shot a 44 yesterday @ Old Hickory (home course) - I beat my wife, that's all I'm happy about :alien2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back