What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
heck of a back man, keep it up

Thanks dude, I struggled bad on the front :( I wish we could have finished out if I would of pared the last two it would have been a 46.

Me and my little brother were having a drive off on about every other hole #goodtimes

Got out yesterday afternoon for the first time in about a week...started great with an eagle putt that just missed on the first hole, but then went bogey, double on the next two....I did finally find a groove in the middle of the round and made 5 birdies on the day for a 78.

Really good wedge day...most of my birdies were less than 5 feet and 3 were kick ins.

Got out yesterday afternoon for the first time in about a week...started great with an eagle putt that just missed on the first hole, but then went bogey, double on the next two....I did finally find a groove in the middle of the round and made 5 birdies on the day for a 78.

Really good wedge day...most of my birdies were less than 5 feet and 3 were kick ins.
5 birds!? Nice work!

42-44: 86 at Sawgrass Stadium course. One of my best rounds lately given the difficulty involved. Had three 3-putts including on 17 and 18.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you have to change your screen name to QuintupleBirdyTim :)

Solid round Tim.

I had a tale of two nines, the front I shot a 41 which is my best on that course ever. I wasn't hitting my irons well but my wedges are just flat out working and I was able to make it around 3 strokes better than I've ever shot on that 9. The back kicked the crap out of me with 3 doubles out the gate. I was still driving the ball well but my 3w-6i just wouldn't cooperate and gave me a 46. It's "only" 5 strokes but it was such a grind it felt like 30.

I walked 18 in a light rain/drizzle. The ball striking was poor, putting worse with only one birdie a 15 foot, down hill, double breaker that was a lot like some of the putts we will have tomorrow at the Atlanta Trophy Club. 85 (42, 43)

Now you have to change your screen name to QuintupleBirdyTim :)

LOL.....I make many more TripleBogeys than Qunituple Birdies.....hehehe

Posted this up in the "break 90" thread but thought I'd put it here.... guess you can tell I'm excited...lol

Broke 90 (89) yesterday for the first time ever at Olde Point Country Club in Hampstead NC. I'd set a personal goal back in January to break 90 in 2013 and was able to accomplish that with 4 months to spare.

:)

Tommy

No actual score but won the semi final of my work pairs competition so pretty pleased :D

Greensomes and was very slow starting, went 3 down after 7 but my team mate got driving together and I got putting going so started a recovery on the 9th and finished 2up.
But tbh, it was very scrappy and it's not that we won through great play, just played slightly less bad than the opponents (but that's all you need sometimes).

Bring on the final!

39/41 80 today. Driver and irons were solid, just not clicking right now chipping and putting. The greens here are solo soft and slow, I had 8i shots sticking next to their divots.

How old was he? If he's in high school and on the team, usually they always play from the tips. So it would make sense that he'd do so even when not playing with the team. If that's not the case, then yeah, that's not smart golf.

We didn't play from the tips in high school.

Played a course I've never been to today. Otter Creek - Par 71, 71.1/126 at 6521 yards.

76 (+5) - 11/14 FIR, 12/18 GIR, 33 putts.

It's a links wannabe course. It still has trees on some holes, but it's pretty sparse and has long fescue lining the sides of the rough. I don't usually play links courses particularly well, but today my swing felt pretty good. I was striking the ball well, commanding my flight and able to hit knock down shots when/where I needed to. The only issue I was having today was with putting. I just couldn't sink a birdie for the life of me. Had 4 or 5 lip out. Had a 6 footer for birdie that did a 360 around the cup, d'oh! Just one of those days and rounds, but pretty happy with the outcome.

Have a scramble event Monday that I feel confident my group can win. Will probably try to get one more 18 round in before that event.

48/44 for a 92 at a course that I've never played before in the rain.

I'm not unhappy, it was a decent round of golf.

38/38 76 @ Indian Lakes Resort, Highland/Woodland courses... First time I've played golf in 2 weeks due to vacation, so I was surprised how well I was striking the ball.

Played 9 after work. Went safe 5i/5i on par 4 1st to 10 ft off the green, 50+ ft from the pin, and drained the chip.

Short par 3 second, hit a PW from 138 about 150 into the back bunker. Just bad luck, hit it perfect, on line. Blasted out to green and just left short a 20ft putt.

Played really well on some tough holes for a bit, then played like crap for a while but still managed to score consistent, making 5 more bogeys in a row.

Hit a perfectly pin high 6 on number 8 to 15 ft and left the birdie 2 inches short.

Played the par 5 ninth safe with a 4i and landed in the bunker of death, with a head high lip towards the fairway. Blasted out second, pulled a 7 iron to the tree line and had to punch out, hit a decent SW to a protected pin but missed a 15 foot bogey putt.

Ended up with a respectable 43 and no penalties.

All in all productive, just the second round with the new irons.

Hit everything besides putts with irons. No hybrid, no driver, didn't even pack the 3w.

Shot a lovely 39/39 78 this evening. Driver was on fire and it's amazing how easy golf can be when you are in the fairway more often than not.

This ties my personal best for the 3rd time...I WILL shoot a 77 one day I swear.

Played a course I've never been to today. Otter Creek - Par 71, 71.1/126 at 6521 yards.

76 (+5) - 11/14 FIR, 12/18 GIR, 33 putts.

It's a links wannabe course. It still has trees on some holes, but it's pretty sparse and has long fescue lining the sides of the rough. I don't usually play links courses particularly well, but today my swing felt pretty good. I was striking the ball well, commanding my flight and able to hit knock down shots when/where I needed to. The only issue I was having today was with putting. I just couldn't sink a birdie for the life of me. Had 4 or 5 lip out. Had a 6 footer for birdie that did a 360 around the cup, d'oh! Just one of those days and rounds, but pretty happy with the outcome.

Have a scramble event Monday that I feel confident my group can win. Will probably try to get one more 18 round in before that event.

Otter Creek is pretty fun. We played it a couple of years ago for an outing.

Otter Creek is pretty fun. We played it a couple of years ago for an outing.

Too bad I wasn't a member back then. Great facility, course and staff. My only criticism is having bent grass tee boxes and fairways. I think they use blue grass. I just prefer how bent grass grows when it's maintained well.

Too bad I wasn't a member back then. Great facility, course and staff. My only criticism is having bent grass tee boxes and fairways. I think they use blue grass. I just prefer how bent grass grows when it's maintained well.

Much more costly to maintain

TTing

Much more costly to maintain

TTing

You're right. They charge primo prices however. Very similar in cost to playing TCI. A championship quality/level course.

46/42 for a gross 88 playing off my new handicap of 19

Third week in a row I've broken 90, and my game seems to be getting more stable all the time. Course management is having an impact on my scores without a doubt, and the renewed confidence I have in my irons means Im hitting longer irons and hybrids off the tee with much better results.

Just need to concentrate on cutting out the two or three silly mistakes made each round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back