UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I think F2 would be an A Flex or Senior flex and F3 should be regular flex.

Yes I see that. I am wondering characteristic wise what other differences are there between these two flexes besides the 3 gram weight difference!

Yes I see that. I am wondering characteristic wise what other differences are there between these two flexes besides the 3 gram weight difference!
Yeah other than that weight difference they seem very similar. Looks like the butt overall depth is a little bit more with the R flex, so I'm guessing that means a tiny bit stiffer butt section in the regular than the A flex.

@Golfers Anonymous you know anymore about the difference of the two?

Yeah other than that weight difference they seem very similar. Looks like the butt overall depth is a little bit more with the R flex, so I'm guessing that means a tiny bit stiffer butt section in the regular than the A flex.

@Golfers Anonymous you know anymore about the difference of the two?
The F2 will play softer throughout. If you need to increase launch you would typically trend to the softer flex. Both show mid launch characteristics with the F2 probably a touch higher.

The wedge reshaft is done, looking forward to getting them out on the course.

IMG_2135.jpeg
IMG_2136.jpeg

Recoil Dart 105 F4 went into the wedges.

Dumb decision made today and decided to lift weights and exercise in the AM before my afternoon round. Ended up hurting something in my right elbow that was causing discomfort my entire round. Thankfully I was playing the DART shafts because I didn't make it any worse and it was about as easy on my elbow as possible.

Hit some solid iron shots. Hit a couple duds but I'm attributing that to the 20+ mph winds and super wet conditions from the rain we had yesterday. I continue to be impressed by how smooth and stable they are. Distances aren't completely dialed in yet but I'm getting close.

Had a 6 iron at 170 yards Par 3 into the wind. Was able to cut it low and out of trouble to about 5 feet pin high. Just a very addictive feeling with these shafts. Hopefully I can get out when it's beautiful this weekend.

First time out for the year and first time with the Darts in the bag. I'd played the Recoil 110 in the past, and it was nice to get back to having them in the bag. I forgot how much I liked the vibration dampening you get with graphite. One of the things I love about the shafts otherwise is just how "normal" they feel - I feel like there's not a ton of difference in hand/through the swing compared to my wedges, which is not always the case with graphite for me.

Looking forward to getting them back in more familiar territory tomorrow.

First time out for the year and first time with the Darts in the bag. I'd played the Recoil 110 in the past, and it was nice to get back to having them in the bag. I forgot how much I liked the vibration dampening you get with graphite. One of the things I love about the shafts otherwise is just how "normal" they feel - I feel like there's not a ton of difference in hand/through the swing compared to my wedges, which is not always the case with graphite for me.

Looking forward to getting them back in more familiar territory tomorrow.
Love this!!!

The DARTS were throwing darts this morning. I was really impressed with feel and ball flight with the Apex Pros today. I am playing the 105 F5 and don't see me ever purchasing another set of steel shafted irons. My wrist dont hurt. My elbow doesn't hurt. My excitement for what I seen on the course today makes me excited to go back out and play. I'm gonna have to reshaft my wedges..........

The DARTS were throwing darts this morning. I was really impressed with feel and ball flight with the Apex Pros today. I am playing the 105 F5 and don't see me ever purchasing another set of steel shafted irons. My wrist dont hurt. My elbow doesn't hurt. My excitement for what I seen on the course today makes me excited to go back out and play. I'm gonna have to reshaft my wedges..........
The benefits to the joints, can’t be understated..

Only 2nd round with this shaft in the irons and am really liking them. No vibrations on a thin shot, elbow is feeling better after the rounds. For regular flex shaft (for me) they feel really good.

Only 2nd round with this shaft in the irons and am really liking them. No vibrations on a thin shot, elbow is feeling better after the rounds. For regular flex shaft (for me) they feel really good.
They don't feel overly stout but aren't whippy... Its like a perfect blend of firmness.

So far I love the feel, weight and performance of the Recoil Dart 105’s.

It sucks that I keep struggling with erratic tempo/rhythm on my swings. I absolutely know when I trust and commit, it feels like I get more out of my result than I’ve put in to the swing, which is crazy and really efficient, at least that is how it translates to my brain.

Thankfully, I have had a round where I was able to trust the smoothness and it was bliss. I am super motivated to find that trust more often throughout every round. If my brain will deliver, I know the Darts will.

IMG_3891.jpeg

Used my lunch to get some more swings in with Recoil Darts. Guys I’m not a smooth swinging rhythm golfer but these shafts make me feel like I am. I was at a range that has multiple targets and flag sticks to aim at. My tempo has improved tremendously since having the recoil darts installed. If I have a weird swing I can tell so much quicker where my hands went wrong and can correct them sooner. I also felt a lot more consistent when aiming at my targets. My precession has felt great. Still getting be distances worked out which just needs more time with these.

View attachment 9257422

Used my lunch to get some more swings in with Recoil Darts. Guys I’m not a smooth swinging rhythm golfer but these shafts make me feel like I am. I was at a range that has multiple targets and flag sticks to aim at. My tempo has improved tremendously since having the recoil darts installed. If I have a weird swing I can tell so much quicker where my hands went wrong and can correct them sooner. I also felt a lot more consistent when aiming at my targets. My precession has felt great. Still getting be distances worked out which just needs more time with these.
Its a shaft that doesn't require extra even though is stiffer... It allows me to take smooth swings and not feel like I have to come out of my shoes

Its a shaft that doesn't require extra even though is stiffer... It allows me to take smooth swings and not feel like I have to come out of my shoes
That is exactly what they are. It’s actually hard to comprehend until you swing them truthfully.

That is exactly what they are. It’s actually hard to comprehend until you swing them truthfully.
I have considerable more speed than some of the guys I play around and they laughed at me when I first had “graphite iron shafts” last summer. They hit them and now a few have converted. Gotta feel it to know it.

I have considerable more speed than some of the guys I play around and they laughed at me when I first had “graphite iron shafts” last summer. They hit them and now a few have converted. Gotta feel it to know it.
Did you notice how many tour players have graphite shafts now ? I especially noticed watching the masters over the weekend

I had a quick session this morning before work. Only had 30 minutes but needed to get some swings in. I took my 7i and really just wanted to pay attention to the shaft loading and unloading through the swing. Specifically I wanted to swing outside of my normal tempo and try to speed things up. The results were not ideal and I found myself feeling like I needed to "save it" with my hands at impact. Distance was horrible and dispersion was not good.

I finished off taking my time and swinging on a more "tempo'd" swing and the results were amazing. The main thing I come back to is the weight. I am coming from Recoil 95's and while moving to 105's doesn't seem like much, I can definitely tell the difference. My main takeaway is how the extra weight is naturally making me swing within myself. The distance is amazing for me and dispersion has been as good if not better than the Recoil 95's. The one thing that really sticks out is my ball flight. I am hitting a higher launch window than I saw with the 95's, but they are not ballooning at all. I suspect on the course I will see some increased carry based on the range sessions.

I am almost upset I didn't try these sooner, but I am happy they are in the bag now.

Did you notice how many tour players have graphite shafts now ? I especially noticed watching the masters over the weekend
I try to not look at tour players to much because I end up taking 4 iron CBs into competition when I get into that mode hahaha

Little lunch time range session. Only brought along the 7 iron and pitching wedge. These things continue to feel fantastic and consistent. The picture below also reminds me just how good they look as well. I can't imagine having anything else in the bag. Still continuing to battle some elbow discomfort but the Darts still performed and don't make anything any worse which is all I can ask for.

1000013347.jpg

My two best shots with the PW below. These both felt really good even if one launched quite a bit lower. If I can get 120-30 from PW consistently...it's gonna be a good year. Last year I was lucky to get 110 or 115. PW is easily the club I feel the most confident in and that doesn't seem to be changing.

1000013352.png
1000013351.png

I try to not look at tour players to much because I end up taking 4 iron CBs into competition when I get into that mode hahaha
Haha it’s what we all strive to be

Little lunch time range session. Only brought along the 7 iron and pitching wedge. These things continue to feel fantastic and consistent. The picture below also reminds me just how good they look as well. I can't imagine having anything else in the bag. Still continuing to battle some elbow discomfort but the Darts still performed and don't make anything any worse which is all I can ask for.

View attachment 9257435

My two best shots with the PW below. These both felt really good even if one launched quite a bit lower. If I can get 120-30 from PW consistently...it's gonna be a good year. Last year I was lucky to get 110 or 115. PW is easily the club I feel the most confident in and that doesn't seem to be changing.

View attachment 9257436
View attachment 9257437
Man I’m jealous with the rapsodo

Back