UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Man I’m jealous with the rapsodo
My club is stuck in the stone age and they're not used to people bringing out launch monitors on the range. I keep getting weird stares and people asking "what the heck is that?".... :ROFLMAO:

Glad to have it though and it works really well for these quick 45min to hour sessions during my lunch break. Hit one bucket of balls, get a few numbers. And I can see where I'm breaking progress by going back through the data.

Just looking back at some of my previous numbers with the lighter DARTs it's kind of eye opening how much more consistency I see.

Its a shaft that doesn't require extra even though is stiffer... It allows me to take smooth swings and not feel like I have to come out of my shoes

Oh man, this is so, so true. I was playing Apex DCB's with MMT's the last two years and I always felt like I really had to step on the accelerator to get the distance I wanted or needed at times. I'm playing Ai Paradym HL's with Recoil Darts this year and I can only reiterate the quote above. I'm working on slowing down the downswing transition (less aggressive) and letting the clubs do the work more this year with some really good results.

Finally got the Darts onto the course. After a few weeks of wet weather, I couldn't pass up a beautiful morning and 9 holes. Took me a few holes to get my swing back in line, but once I did I was really enjoying the feel and performance I was getting out of the Darts. I was a bit timid on those first few holes, and was just trying for a nice smooth swing. Once I was warm, and started to really attack the ball, I saw some really good things from the Darts. Struck a great 4i from the fairway from 195 out, with a pond protecting the green. Enough height to hold the front of the green, but the flight was still piercing. Also hit some great shots with the 4i off the tee. Great accuracy and distance overall. Across the board, I hit great shots. On a par 3, hit back to back 6i's, one to about 10 feet, and the other to about 25. More than acceptable for me from just under 170 out. Feeling was superb, and the ball really jumped off the face. The combo with the Callaway Apex Pro/CB looks great, and I believe it's going to play very well also. Only 9 holes in, but I'm really excited about my switch to the Recoil Darts!

New AI Smoke 3 Hybrid with Dart Shaft is here. Can't wait to get this on the course. Never played a Dart in a hybrid and I think this could be good.

1000013384.jpg
1000013385.jpg

Early season round here after banging mats over the winter and the darts felt really really good. I hit some really good 6-7-8 iron shots and they just felt so smooth. Even when my tempo was out of whack and got too quick I pulled it left but didn’t lose any way left like I would expect to. Ball flight stayed in a good window but my distance seemed to be a tad longer, which is what I was seeing indoors. Very early but not a single regret in making this switch from steel so far.

I was thinking about this today, these are a game changer for me, I like the lighter weight than the Recoil 110s that I had in my previous irons.

I have the Dart 75 hybrid in my 4 hybrid, it’s so good.
I thought it might be too light but it's absolutely perfect. The combo of the shaft and head is sooo good.

Speaking on the iron shafts, I just fall in love with them more Everytime I'm out. Even on mishits the feedback is instant and I know where it's going. Distances continue to be consistent. These just pair really well with the DCBs and the heavier weights just give me a higher level of comfort than I had with the 75s. Looking forward to some nicer weather so that the course firms up a bit.

1000013432.jpg

I can't get over how well these perform, especially when I bring my more aggressive swing. So smooth, and feels like it handles my transition really well. Really excited to see how these perform as I continue to get them on course.

I can't get over how well these perform, especially when I bring my more aggressive swing. So smooth, and feels like it handles my transition really well. Really excited to see how these perform as I continue to get them on course.
This is a good point. A really aggressive swing with these and you can see some really good numbers. My swing in general needs some help at times, but when you get really good contact and give it a little extra these things really shine.

New AI Smoke 3 Hybrid with Dart Shaft is here. Can't wait to get this on the course. Never played a Dart in a hybrid and I think this could be good.

View attachment 9257784
View attachment 9257785
I have the Dart 75 in my Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid. I've never been great with hybrids, so I don't hit it a lot. After some lessons, I'm starting to get a little more consistent with it and using more on the course lately. Like has been mentioned in this thread, you can really go after it and still get good results. I'm actually starting to think I get better results when I go 100% at it. I'm curious to see how you like the Dart and AI Smoke combo. I like the looks of the AI Smoke hybrids a lot.

This is a good point. A really aggressive swing with these and you can see some really good numbers. My swing in general needs some help at times, but when you get really good contact and give it a little extra these things really shine.
First round out I found more success just swinging the club and being a bit more aggressive, versus guiding the club. Felt connected the entire time, and like I knew where the clubhead was.

There were a LOT of these at the staff retreat at Briggs. Myself, @JB, @JDax, @Hawk, and @ddec were using them and we were all across the board in flexes and weight.

This week definitely solidified for me that the 105 F5 works, I hit some really really good irons into par 3’s and that carried over today back home.

More surprising for me right now though is the wedges, im really surprised how much I enjoyed them in my 11, 54, and 58

I have the Dart 75 in my Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid. I've never been great with hybrids, so I don't hit it a lot. After some lessons, I'm starting to get a little more consistent with it and using more on the course lately. Like has been mentioned in this thread, you can really go after it and still get good results. I'm actually starting to think I get better results when I go 100% at it. I'm curious to see how you like the Dart and AI Smoke combo. I like the looks of the AI Smoke hybrids a lot.
I was surprised because I don't historically hit hybrids well, but man this AI Smoke head has a fantastic feel to it. And paired with this shaft I was seeing the exact type of shot shape I like to see. I have no doubt I'll be able to stick greens on some longer Par 3's and/or it'll be a fantastic club from 200 in. I just love the feedback from all the dart shafts. You instantly get that feedback on a good or bad shot.

There were a LOT of these at the staff retreat at Briggs. Myself, @JB, @JDax, @Hawk, and @ddec were using them and we were all across the board in flexes and weight.

This week definitely solidified for me that the 105 F5 works, I hit some really really good irons into par 3’s and that carried over today back home.

More surprising for me right now though is the wedges, im really surprised how much I enjoyed them in my 11, 54, and 58
These are definitely popular among the THP Staff. I think JB and I have the 90 F4 in our irons. I have the 105 F4 in my wedges. I think Hawk has 90 F3s & I’m not sure what flex Dean is in.

These are definitely popular among the THP Staff. I think JB and I have the 90 F4 in our irons. I have the 105 F4 in my wedges. I think Hawk has 90 F3s & I’m not sure what flex Dean is in.
105 in F4 I believe

I'd give one of my wife's kidneys to not have to play golf with a moderate strong grip...... I'm getting tired of working on it. If I don't use it, the ball flight is just way to high and fades. If I do it, it will stay down and have a really tight draw to straight flight. If it wasn't for graphite right now I wouldn't be able to play due to elbow issues

Correct answer
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

These will be the shafts I put into my new irons. Just deciding whether I go lighter weight or not. Thank you for all the comments in here. This thread has been phenomenal

These will be the shafts I put into my new irons. Just deciding whether I go lighter weight or not. Thank you for all the comments in here. This thread has been phenomenal
What weight do you play currently?

Guess I could go off your signature, which is showing the Aerotech i95.

So I guess you'd be debating between the 90s and 105s?

Back