UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I love hearing that. I finished shafting mine yesterday. Hopefully get some ST+ time with them tonight. I held off on the wedges because I feel like I'm going to need to add some tip weights to them. But will take care of them in the near future.
Interestingly, my wedges came in a 1.5-2 points lower on the swing weight scale with the 105's. Still at D2 though, so not a big thing. I'd intended to add some tape, but I'll be damned if I touch them. They are magical for me right now. Perfect distance, control, height and spin.

Interestingly, my wedges came in a 1.5-2 points lower on the swing weight scale with the 105's. Still at D2 though, so not a big thing. I'd intended to add some tape, but I'll be damned if I touch them. They are magical for me right now. Perfect distance, control, height and spin.
what was in them before? Regular spinners?

I love these things so much. I don't really know what to say, and I really don't want to seem to gushy, but damn. They are just everything I hoped for and wanted out of a reshaft. The feel great, they produce more speed for me than I expected, and I can really release the club without feeling like I'll hook the ball off the planet.
I only have a couple of range sessions in but I keep coming back to the fact of how smooth they are. I need to see what speed numbers look like, but with range balls and hitting some spots I saw leaves me really excited to put real balls into play.

Also the ability for this shaft to help smooth out my tempo and still clean up lazy swings was something my Recoil 95's couldn't do.

I only have a couple of range sessions in but I keep coming back to the fact of how smooth they are. I need to see what speed numbers look like, but with range balls and hitting some spots I saw leaves me really excited to put real balls into play.

Also the ability for this shaft to help smooth out my tempo and still clean up lazy swings was something my Recoil 95's couldn't do.
I love being able to feel them load and unload. Some of my past experience with graphite iron shafts had me worried they'd feel too stiff.

I'd take this and run like I stole someting.
What’s crazy is a might hit the DART V’s in the SMS pro’s better…

First round with the Recoil Dart 90 in my irons and I love the way these feel. They are super stable, I have no issues feeling the club head, and any concerns that these would be too light have been resolved. They aren’t too light.

I had a very poor striking day fighting a heel side miss, but on the range after the round I hit 2 small buckets to get it sorted out and came away impressed with these shafts.

More to come.

Some quick thoughts based on another range session this morning. I’ve got Recoil Dart 105 F4 in a set of Paradym Smoke AI irons (5-AW)
  • This shaft definitely feels like the evolution of the recoil shaft line. They took everything I loved about the OG Recoils and improved all across the board without sacrificing feel/performance
  • more stable/stability but not dead or overly stiff . The best feeling Recoil and I’ve played Recoil 95’s forever. These improved in every aspect for me feel wise. The best way to describe it is that they have an iron like feel with all the graphite benefits and performance.
  • Weight is definitely heavier and I can tell these are not my 95’s.
  • The launch is higher than the 95’s. Could be the smoke irons launching higher compared to the 921 forged I came from, but my shots are launching into a higher window (not ballooning) than what I saw out of my 95’s
  • Even with the new “Hoop Stiffness” layering in the butt end of the shafts, they don’t feel harsh at all in the hands. It actually feels smooth
  • I’m curious about going DART 90 F4 in my 5-7 irons and keeping the heavier 105’s on my 8-AW
  • I’m not seeing the right to left as much with quick swings. The ball wants to stay straight or even draw a bit but the wild hook was almost non existent. I’m guessing the heavier weight is helping out here
  • From a swing tempo perspective these are really forcing me (In a Good way) to smooth out the swing and let the weight help me deliver the head through the zone. When I tried to speed things up or got out of sync it was tough to time impact, but smooth swing and the club hits the ball like I want and produced positive results

I love these things so much. I don't really know what to say, and I really don't want to seem to gushy, but damn. They are just everything I hoped for and wanted out of a reshaft. The feel great, they produce more speed for me than I expected, and I can really release the club without feeling like I'll hook the ball off the planet.
I have some DART 90F4s that I tried in my 7, 9 and 54. I liked them and should've picked up more to make out a set for Aerojets. Posts like these have put me in more of a tinkering mood. I like my Recoil 95s a lot. But, I'm all for progress and improvement.

the DARTs get so much love here I feel like I really need to give them a shot in something sometime soon.

I have some DART 90F4s that I tried in my 7, 9 and 54. I liked them and should've picked up more to make out a set for Aerojets. Posts like these have put me in more of a tinkering mood. I like my Recoil 95s a lot. But, I'm all for progress and improvement.
I know we all swing and deliver the club differently, but all things being equal, the Recoil Darts are that much better than the OG Recoils. I never imagined I would feel/see that much of a difference because I don't tend to be as sensitive or educated as @Jman and @Hawk with iron shafts, but man these are special. I keep coming back to how the weight is allowing me smooth out my tempo and still get the distances I need.

I don't tend to be as sensitive or educated as @Jman and @Hawk with iron shafts, but man these are special.
Preaching to the choir there. It's difficult for me to give specifics why I like or don't like a shaft. If I don't like one, I generally just know it's different than what I do like. I like the OG Recoils because they feel very smooth, are stable and produce a nice ball flight. They feel "right" to me. Other graphites I've tried haven't come close to that feel. Hearing you and others talk about how good these are has my attention.

I had been laying off swing my irons hard for a while now. Kinda dumb of me to expect a 6 iron to preform well on half swings that are manipulated instead of a full swing. The more I give these Darts the stronger and better the ball flight becomes.

Insatlled DART 105 F4’s over the weekend and gave these their first “range session” last night on a ST+. First off, love the weight, it’s right in my sweet spot. Felt very smooth and the ball flight was pretty damn good. Will have a lot more feedback coming in the near future. Until then, just a few screenshots of what kind of results I was seeing.

IMG_0128.png

IMG_0131.png

IMG_0133.png

Insatlled DART 105 F4’s over the weekend and gave these their first “range session” last night on a ST+. First off, love the weight, it’s right in my sweet spot. Felt very smooth and the ball flight was pretty damn good. Will have a lot more feedback coming in the near future. Until then, just a few screenshots of what kind of results I was seeing.

View attachment 9255646

View attachment 9255647

View attachment 9255649
So good in the range session.

So good in the range session.
overall good. I had to take a bit of time off from swinging, so I didn't know exactly what I was going to get. Overall, pretty happy with what I saw.

overall good. I had to take a bit of time off from swinging, so I didn't know exactly what I was going to get. Overall, pretty happy with what I saw.
I'm going from Recoil 110 F4 to Recoil Dart 90 F4, I need to get some numbers at some point. Different heads but similar head profile.

View attachment 9255646

View attachment 9255647

View attachment 9255649
Combo of speed, launch and spin you're seeing is pretty sweet. Sandbagger.

If I see you hitting 180 7 irons on the range I'm 100% ducking you btw.

I don't see that happening. Unless we are severely downwind.

View attachment 9255646

View attachment 9255647

View attachment 9255649
The great thing about Dart is they let you hit balls every day with much less elbow discomfort. I can hit balls daily with mine and not get into a habit trying to pick the ball instead of hitting turf.

Getting some T150's very soon. Got fit for them but kinda hated the recommendations especially for shafts. They fit me into some Nippon 75 gram shaft which is not what I want. I need graphite and I don't like lightweight shafts at all. Just can't get a feel for the head in the swing on the course. For some reason I nuke the lightweight shafts whenever I get fit though. Anyway I'm just going to take the rec that I need something that launches high with a bit of higher spin. I have always got along with KBS tour and loved the Recoil proto's I had back in the day. Stupidly got rid of them. Anyway would you guys say the Darts would fit the bill?

Back