UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Those numbers are pretty sick. Your 9 iron ball speed is the same as my 7I ball speed from my fitting...

Those numbers are pretty sick. Your 9 iron ball speed is the same as my 7I ball speed from my fitting...
I don’t hate the numbers haha

I was fit into steel in my fitting, but still really curious about the heavier Dart/Dart V offerings longer term. I was about the same with the Elevate 115s and the DG 120s, both in stiff. Not surprised given my history but also still a little timid about going with steel for too long. Less stress on my joints at this age the better. I may grab some of these to toss in my Apex 21s just to see how they play.

I was fit into steel in my fitting, but still really curious about the heavier Dart/Dart V offerings longer term. I was about the same with the Elevate 115s and the DG 120s, both in stiff. Not surprised given my history but also still a little timid about going with steel for too long. Less stress on my joints at this age the better. I may grab some of these to toss in my Apex 21s just to see how they play.
you can hit any of my apex pros with recoil 105F4's in a month!

First round with Recoil Dart 90’s tomorrow, and I have a 105 in my 50°. Can’t wait to join y’all in this thread with feedback.

First round with Recoil Dart 90’s tomorrow, and I have a 105 in my 50°. Can’t wait to join y’all in this thread with feedback.
Looking forward to it

So I've been playing the Recoil Dart shafts for quite some time, but I wanted to post a few thoughts after Shaft Up #1.

First the 90's (5 thru AW) and 105's (54 and 58 wedges) is going to be a killer combination for me. I didn't pull a lot of long irons at Victoria National, but I did play quite a few shots with the 9, AW, PW and 54/58 and I love the instant feedback I get from them. I did not hit amazing shots and I definitely shanked some, I'm gonna chalk that up to cold, nerves and mishits - but I know almost immediately what's going to happen on contact. I love that feeling.

Also these just feel more stable. With my older 75g shafts I just felt like the consistency was all over the map and now I can much more confidently grab a club knowing it will go the distance I expect. The last couple years I found myself questioning between one or two clubs and I think that is going to happen less and less this year.

Golf league starts here next week and I'm hoping to get in some range time or simulator time with these to really get them dialed in for the year.

Prediction: They will be smooth and feel much better that either of the steel shafts you mentioned above. I have them in Apex 21 and in Apex Pro and the ball doesn't climb. Also, I don't have any crazy elbow pain after a full week of golf. I changed in the Pros for stability and injury prevention

looks like I shall be moving into a set of Dart 105 in the near future. Now what to pair them with...
I have the Dart 105 F5 and I can’t even tell you how much I like them. My swing feels smoother than ever and I love how I can feel where my hands are more in my swing. Definitely has made my swing smoother and allowed me to have better tempo

The Dart 105 F5 in the Apex Pro felt really good today. Gonna have to get some for the wedges soon.
I was a little worried about having these in my wedges. I was dead wrong. You will feel like you have more touch and feel than ever in these shafts.

I have the Dart 105 F5 and I can’t even tell you how much I like them. My swing feels smoother than ever and I love how I can feel where my hands are more in my swing. Definitely has made my swing smoother and allowed me to have better tempo
You hit them really well. Gonna become an absolute weapon for you when you get some more time with them.

And throw away those Winn grips. :ROFLMAO:

You hit them really well. Gonna become an absolute weapon for you when you get some more time with them.

And throw away those Winn grips. :ROFLMAO:
I will say, I don’t love the feel of my SUPERSTROKES 😂 but JB did say they will last longer than the Winns haha

Prediction: They will be smooth and feel much better that either of the steel shafts you mentioned above. I have them in Apex 21 and in Apex Pro and the ball doesn't climb. Also, I don't have any crazy elbow pain after a full week of golf. I changed in the Pros for stability and injury prevention
Elbow pain is the key for me. I used to get golfers/tennis elbow all the time with steel and it almost went away instantly. And the best part is no difference in performance from steel. Another discussion we had with Danny and JB this past week graphite these days is actually stronger and more durable than steel.

Just got back from Shaft Up with UST Mamiya and really my first few rounds with the Recoil Dart 105 F5 shafts.

Outside of having a couple of those what happened there swings, especially on 18 when I chunked a ball in the water in a tied match, I couldn’t be happier with these. I told @DannyLe that I don’t think I’ve ever had a golf shaft that I felt so good in and comfortable with right away. I could never hit my low irons well and i feel like i am a new golfer in how I strike my 4-6 irons now. I feel so confident in them. I can feel my hands through the swing which is a little weird at first but after a decent amount of time with them they really do feel so good. These shafts are smooth and balanced unlike my swing which helps a ton.

I also have these shafts in my 50* 54* and 58* and man are these so good in my wedges. My control is more precise as I can feel my hands more and they shoot “darts”.

I am such a fan of everything UST is doing so far and if they are selling im buying because their stuff is next level. I’ve never been so confident to swing my irons as I am now.

I’ve got 3-4 rounds coming up over the next 4 days and I’m glad Recoil Darts are in my irons so I don’t have to worry about any elbow pain

First round with the Recoil Dart 90 in my irons and I love the way these feel. They are super stable, I have no issues feeling the club head, and any concerns that these would be too light have been resolved. They aren’t too light.

I had a very poor striking day fighting a heel side miss, but on the range after the round I hit 2 small buckets to get it sorted out and came away impressed with these shafts.

More to come.

First round with the Recoil Dart 90 in my irons and I love the way these feel. They are super stable, I have no issues feeling the club head, and any concerns that these would be too light have been resolved. They aren’t too light.

I had a very poor striking day fighting a heel side miss, but on the range after the round I hit 2 small buckets to get it sorted out and came away impressed with these shafts.

More to come.
Love to hear it! And can’t wait for the one month later reviews. You’re going to love these.

I check the eBay every few days. Trying to find a set for testing. I am not a club builder, regrettably, so need to resort to this for now.

Some quick thoughts based on another range session this morning. I’ve got Recoil Dart 105 F4 in a set of Paradym Smoke AI irons (5-AW)
  • This shaft definitely feels like the evolution of the recoil shaft line. They took everything I loved about the OG Recoils and improved all across the board without sacrificing feel/performance
  • more stable/stability but not dead or overly stiff . The best feeling Recoil and I’ve played Recoil 95’s forever. These improved in every aspect for me feel wise. The best way to describe it is that they have an iron like feel with all the graphite benefits and performance.
  • Weight is definitely heavier and I can tell these are not my 95’s.
  • The launch is higher than the 95’s. Could be the smoke irons launching higher compared to the 921 forged I came from, but my shots are launching into a higher window (not ballooning) than what I saw out of my 95’s
  • Even with the new “Hoop Stiffness” layering in the butt end of the shafts, they don’t feel harsh at all in the hands. It actually feels smooth
  • I’m curious about going DART 90 F4 in my 5-7 irons and keeping the heavier 105’s on my 8-AW
  • I’m not seeing the right to left as much with quick swings. The ball wants to stay straight or even draw a bit but the wild hook was almost non existent. I’m guessing the heavier weight is helping out here
  • From a swing tempo perspective these are really forcing me (In a Good way) to smooth out the swing and let the weight help me deliver the head through the zone. When I tried to speed things up or got out of sync it was tough to time impact, but smooth swing and the club hits the ball like I want and produced positive results

I love these things so much. I don't really know what to say, and I really don't want to seem to gushy, but damn. They are just everything I hoped for and wanted out of a reshaft. The feel great, they produce more speed for me than I expected, and I can really release the club without feeling like I'll hook the ball off the planet.

I love these things so much. I don't really know what to say, and I really don't want to seem to gushy, but damn. They are just everything I hoped for and wanted out of a reshaft. The feel great, they produce more speed for me than I expected, and I can really release the club without feeling like I'll hook the ball off the planet.
I love hearing that. I finished shafting mine yesterday. Hopefully get some ST+ time with them tonight. I held off on the wedges because I feel like I'm going to need to add some tip weights to them. But will take care of them in the near future.

I have a fitting that I need to schedule and the recoil dart shafts are on the list to try.

Back