UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X TSPX Woods

I know you have a Proto and can't share too much, but can you share the weight and flex you were fit into based on your speed?
6F4. I think it measured out to about 62 g. But @DannyLe can verify the weight

I love these shafts in my woods. The ball flight is so good and i love how they feel. I have had a lot of different wood shafts and these are at the top of the list for performance.

I switched to the Ventus TR for my last driver because they don’t have UST blue or black available. I really feel like I was able to have more success with the UST black vs the current Ventus. That’s just me but I liked the feel more of the UST

I switched to the Ventus TR for my last driver because they don’t have UST blue or black available. I really feel like I was able to have more success with the UST black vs the current Ventus. That’s just me but I liked the feel more of the UST
I tested out a TR Red vs my LinQ black. Not apples to apples but I definitely preferred the feel of the black

I think the LIN-Q Red is my next driver shaft. I just really wish I could hit the 6F5 vs 7F5.

Is the TSPX a completely different shaft than what's offered in the new Cobra drivers?

Is the TSPX a completely different shaft than what's offered in the new Cobra drivers?
I’m curious what the difference is as well. The finish on the tspx version looks so much better to me

I hit the range early this morning to get some swings in. My last round was ok but I was still a little loose and remembered to swing smooth and not rush the downswing.

It’s hard to compare to anything currently out there bc it’s a 1of1 but I hit some great shots once I settled in. My thought was swing 3/4 speed and that helped me time my delivery a lot better. I think it’s time to get a voice caddy or something similar to see what numbers I’m seeing. I have some indoor options close but I tend to not swing as free as I do outside. I’m going to practice a little more between rounds especially with a busy soccer tournament season coming up. I need to make sure I get some good muscle memory going because this combo is producing some serious distance for me

I’m curious what the difference is as well. The finish on the tspx version looks so much better to me
The TSPX is definitely a little stealthier. My black has almost a gray chromatic finish

Had a really good day today with the White. Took me a while to shake off the rust particularly with driver this season, but today I got a little closer to the feels I had mid season last year with this shaft. Was really liking the ball flights I was seeing today - high, piercing flight - and hit a couple really big drives. Just felt like I had good control over my driver swing the entire round, despite other parts of my game were struggling quite a bit.

While I only hit 1/3 fairways on the day, everything I missed was just barely into the first cut so I always had a good look for my second shot, allowing me to still hit 50% GIRs. It’s really nice to have this shaft in play and have confidence I can at least get off the tee and set myself up for a good second shot.

It’s fascinating that we have accomplished EXACTLY what I wanted in the DS LS heads.

I was able to elevate them, but I had to work a little harder at it to do that AND to keep spin above 2k on misses.

The Red in 70+ gram is doing that. Keeping launch in the 13-15 window without me having to work hard, and in that, spin on misses is capping at the 2000 and 3000 mark.

I’m extremely smitten.

It’s fascinating that we have accomplished EXACTLY what I wanted in the DS LS heads.

I was able to elevate them, but I had to work a little harder at it to do that AND to keep spin above 2k on misses.

The Red in 70+ gram is doing that. Keeping launch in the 13-15 window without me having to work hard, and in that, spin on misses is capping at the 2000 and 3000 mark.

I’m extremely smitten.
You're causing me a really hard ponder for a Red 6F5 or 7F5 to try...

I'm undecided if I should go white or blue on this one.

You're causing me a really hard ponder for a Red 6F5 or 7F5 to try...
Looking at your signature and seeing what you are currently gaming (if that is current) why are you thinking about jumping into the X flex versions of the Lin-q shafts?

I'm undecided if I should go white or blue on this one.
What are your normal launch, spin characteristics? I’m higher launch, higher spin but was expecting to be fit into blue. Ended up getting in the black which I believe is similar to white and it’s been perfect.

Similarly, I’m low launch high spin on my 3W and ended up going with LinQ purple and it’s worked well. I believe that’s similar to the blue.

Looking at your signature and seeing what you are currently gaming (if that is current) why are you thinking about jumping into the X flex versions of the Lin-q shafts?
Sig is current.

Red should give me more spin and launch than White. I'm challenged in both 😀 And I've not gelled with the feeling of the Blue, specifically 6F4. I really liked the feeling of the White in my fitting and also when trying it in FW's, but it simply spins too little.

I've seen several people go to a spinnier shaft, but in stiffer flex to get the feeling and delivery correct. That's why I'd love to try one and see where I am.

Current choice of shaft was in the fitting to get launch+spin+delivery in the right window. But LinQ would be where I want to find my right fit, due to the Morgan Cup.

Reactions: MH
Since my shaft knowledge is lacking, I asked a very smart person for help. And a LinQ Red 7F4 is on order to test in my Darkspeed X. I want what @Jman is having
😂😂

Last edited:
Since my shaft knowledge is lacking, I asked a very smart person for help. And a LinQ Red 7F4 is on order to test in my Darkspeed X. I want what @Jman is hvaing 😂😂
that is exciting...and a very solid joke/reference! (y) :)

Since my shaft knowledge is lacking, I asked a very smart person for help. And a LinQ Red 7F4 is on order to test in my Darkspeed X. I want what @Jman is having
😂😂
I wish there was a blue and red 7F3. I want to go regular flex in my FWs and have had better luck with a bit more weight. A 60g class shaft hadn’t been the best for me.

Just wondering where I can get the RED LIN-Q on the cheap to compare to my Blue :unsure: Paging @DannyLe

Back