UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X TSPX Woods

Some quick thoughts from this mornings range session. I keep hearing @DannyLe in the back of my head to “swing hard” and it will be ok. When I try to “guide” my swing it’s not good results. When I just get free and make a good swing, the results are straight or a little fade and long. I’m not going to play before my AZ trip but a few more range sessions and I’ll have some mental queues to help me free up my swing and let this shaft go to work like it was designed

Some quick thoughts from this mornings range session. I keep hearing @DannyLe in the back of my head to “swing hard” and it will be ok. When I try to “guide” my swing it’s not good results. When I just get free and make a good swing, the results are straight or a little fade and long. I’m not going to play before my AZ trip but a few more range sessions and I’ll have some mental queues to help me free up my swing and let this shaft go to work like it was designed
He told me the same thing. Swing hard.

He told me the same thing. Swing hard.
Swing hard but more importantly, swing hard within your swing. Over do it and the results are trash, find that “Speed Tempo” and you get magic

Swing hard but more importantly, swing hard within your swing. Over do it and the results are trash, find that “Speed Tempo” and you get magic
I never in a million years would have thought I'd go heavier and x-stiff, nor get height, yet here we are.

How hard is it for UST to make special edition shafts like that one? BTW that looks great
It’s not super easy, but it was something they asked if they could do and so was all in of course.

They do them for THP Experiences like the Hot Chicken shaft from Rivalry

Love mine as well. Probably one of the best, if not the best, shaft I have ever owned
I feel the same way they work so well and have an amazing feel.

I just packed up my bag for a week at Briggs Ranch.
I packed 3 of these driver shafts, all identical because I am bringing three driver heads.

This shaft is just one of those things that gives me confidence. It brought back my small fade, super controllable and really gets me excited to hit driver again.

I’ve currently got a 6F5 Black in my Driver. A white 7F5 in my 3W and a Blue 8F5 in my 19* UW.

I just packed up my bag for a week at Briggs Ranch.
I packed 3 of these driver shafts, all identical because I am bringing three driver heads.

This shaft is just one of those things that gives me confidence. It brought back my small fade, super controllable and really gets me excited to hit driver again.
all the same color design? I saw the green THP shaft and that really popped in the live thread.

all the same color design? I saw the green THP shaft and that really popped in the live thread.
Actually no.
I have the THP Green version. There is one in gold. Then the third one is done with LINQ graphics that is black.

My TSPX Red 7F4 shipped today, really exited to test it out asap.

Actually no.
I have the THP Green version. There is one in gold. Then the third one is done with LINQ graphics that is black.
I bet that gold shaft looks amazing. I don't think the pictures do it justice.

It’s not super easy, but it was something they asked if they could do and so was all in of course.

The iron shafts they did for the UST/ Ben Hogan Experience were insanely good. Those custom designs could have been easy.

The iron shafts they did for the UST/ Ben Hogan Experience were insanely good. Those custom designs could have been easy.
Our 1/1 Nashville Shafts are a thing of beauty.

The hot chicken with the guitar - so good.

You playing yours?
I have mine in the shorter driver and its a beast.
I moved to a different driver head and went lighter in my driver. 6F5 vs 7F5. That said, it’s going to eventually go into a 3W as that’s the weighting I’ll need. I just need to find a 3W to fall in love with and swap the adapter and trim it down.

He said the same to me. He wanted to see how the shaft performed if I went with a really really aggressive swing. It worked well. I found it interesting because a fitter had never asked me that before but I feel like it’s an important thing to try

Here is mine from the Rivalry.

IMG_0222.jpeg

I'm now going to be looking out for a Lin-q Red 5F4 or 6F4. I have one in the shorter driver which is working well for me and I want to try one in the longer configuration

Back