UST Mamiya All In Putter Shaft

I did my last one myself…pretty simple and will do the same with this one.

THP got me to dive into club building and now I do all my work.

The only reason I haven't gotten one of these is the lack of having a place I feel comfortable to take clubs for work. I need to get setup better to do my own work. Really intrigued by these.

Has anyone put a shaft extension into one of these yet? Any tips or tricks?

Remind me is the butt end of the All-In bored out where you could cut another shaft to slide in?

Yeah that has all kinds of no context in it…😂

Remind me is the butt end of the All-In bored out where you could cut another shaft to slide in?

Yeah that has all kinds of no context in it…😂
Yes, but it’s a small hole

Well then using an old iron shaft is probably out of the question. Paging @DannyLe
I’m pretty sure I need to get a plug and just go to town sanding the insert side to get it to fit but was curious if others have done it

I’m pretty sure I need to get a plug and just go to town sanding the insert side to get it to fit but was curious if others have done it
On our putters but not the All-In.

I really want to start doing my own club building. Need to find the best place to start. I’d be interested to see how you do the cut on the double bend though.
The cut would be above the bend, 8-10” usually.

Are you using an actual extension or an old graphite shaft?

Are you using an actual extension or an old graphite shaft?
To be determined honestly. Is one easier than the other? I’m have tempted to simply 3D print a piece to fit.

To be determined honestly
The size at the butt end should be enough, if making your own just cut it at a taper point that will insert a bit of length into the putter shaft, then cut it to the length you want. You may have to build the extension up with some extra tape, but being a putter that isn’t that big of a deal. Actual extensions are even easier, glue, cut, grip, go.

I really want to start doing my own club building. Need to find the best place to start. I’d be interested to see how you do the cut on the double bend though.
Once I get a shaft ordered and it arrives I will do a video on the process.

Once I get a shaft ordered and it arrives I will do a video on the process.
There are some really solid club building vids on THPTV on YouTube too.

There are some really solid club building vids on THPTV on YouTube too.
yes yes there are. That is where I learn most of my club building strategies.

yes yes there are. That is where I learn most of my club building strategies.
Just make sure you tighten everything up all the way.

Picked up the 6M from getting the shaft installed. Rolling it on the PuttOut mat I like the overall weight and feel

View attachment 9254232
I spent about 45 minutes putting with this set up. These AllIn shafts and their voodoo is something else. My practice routine is usually a ladder drill to get pace and overall stroke dialed in. The weight on this one is perfect and adjusting the loft helped me get the ball rolling forward quicker.

I think it’s time to get the 330MXM and Chicago the AllIn treatment

I spent about 45 minutes putting with this set up. These AllIn shafts and their voodoo is something else. My practice routine is usually a ladder drill to get pace and overall stroke dialed in. The weight on this one is perfect and adjusting the loft helped me get the ball rolling forward quicker.

I think it’s time to get the 330MXM and Chicago the AllIn treatment
Zoe Perry Reaction GIF by CBS

Just placed an order for one.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but is there an option for a black tip to match the finish of the graphite section in a retro fit? Thinking about putting one of a Phantom 5.5 and not sure if there are black tips available or if I’d have to buy an additional black shaft for the builder to put with the All-In. Thanks for any info.

Sorry if this has been discussed previously but is there an option for a black tip to match the finish of the graphite section in a retro fit? Thinking about putting one of a Phantom 5.5 and not sure if there are black tips available or if I’d have to buy an additional black shaft for the builder to put with the All-In. Thanks for any info.
Unless they have been released somewhat recently I haven't see a black tipped one. One other consideration if trying to go all black is that the retro has a little bit of silver metal that is part of the All-In shaft that inserts into the trimmed double bend shaft. Unless you somehow paint it or add gun blue or something, that little bit will show even if your Phantom has a black shaft. Might just look like a little piece of jewelry on a great looking putter, but wanted to let you know.

I’ve installed one onto a black shaft (Mizuno M Craft) before, you can also install a black shaft to the putter and use it as the base for the retro. The metal adapter will be silver still, but it looks badass contrasted by the all in and black putter shaft.

Back