Tour Edge Exotics 723 Fairways and Hybrids

I’ve already said it multiple times and need to say it again.

The Tour Edge E723 7 wood has got to be the easiest club I’ve ever hit off the turf to make the ball launch high, go straight and land soft.

This is a legitimate golf cheat code club.

Go try one for yourself and see what happens.
Bet it puts a smile on your face!
Do you happen to have a pic of the size compared to your C723?

So jekyll & Hyde with this club today.
One tee shot was an absolute straight bullet, middle of the fairway and left me less than 90yds in.
Next time, massive pull hook and a lost ball.
I know it's me and my mental preconceptions with fairway clubs but when it works well, I'm loving it.
I just can't seem to get a consistent swing to really maximize what this club can do.
Also thinking I might need to match to the driver and put the ventus blue in.

So jekyll & Hyde with this club today.
One tee shot was an absolute straight bullet, middle of the fairway and left me less than 90yds in.
Next time, massive pull hook and a lost ball.
I know it's me and my mental preconceptions with fairway clubs but when it works well, I'm loving it.
I just can't seem to get a consistent swing to really maximize what this club can do.
Also thinking I might need to match to the driver and put the ventus blue in.
Kind of similar for me the last couple of rounds with the 5-wood. After turning it down to 16.5* I am crushing it off the tee, sometimes almost too far, but not hitting it as well off the deck, with a pretty consistent push way off my line to the right. 🤷‍♂️

Kind of similar for me the last couple of rounds with the 5-wood. After turning it down to 16.5* I am crushing it off the tee, sometimes almost too far, but not hitting it as well off the deck, with a pretty consistent push way off my line to the right. 🤷‍♂️
I haven't been game to try off the deck in play, all my shots off the grass are on the range.
It's coming out if the bag tomorrow for rd 3 of match play, not comfortable enough to use it & I can get my 5 iron pretty well

Another outing with the C723 5-wood yesterday, still set at 16.5*, and much better results this time out. Only one shot off the tee, and hit it right to where I wanted to. Several shots off the deck, with really good results. The shot of the day was on a long par-4, I had 205 to the flag, and hit a beautiful mini-fade to about 12', the kind of results I never get with a fairway off the deck. I can get that kind of distance off the deck often enough, but rarely that kind of control.

The looks, sound, and feel of this club are outstanding, and I'm really liking the Ventus Red 4T shaft. I'm still not sure what I'll be doing with this club long term, but I know it will be staying in the bag. Set at the standard 18* it's performance is too close to my 15* 3-wood to have them both in the bag, and right now I have the C723 set at 16.5* with my 18* Cleveland Hy-Wood in the next spot, which is working out pretty well. Another option I might try is to turn this one to a higher loft setting, say 19.5*, and put my 15* 3-wood back in the bag.

Friday charity scramble will a nice safe place to see if I can work this out. Will play with settings, probably just weight & lie changes.

Nothing working for me with this club. I know its me, I've a huge mental block with fairway clubs that I'd hope TEE & the super forgiving diamond face would fix.
I've been heel, middle & toe for draw, hook & pull hook.
Need to think about maybe a trade into the hybrid or something.

I have to stress, this is totally on me not being able to get past the mental side of the type of club, the few shots that did work show how good this club is.

I've been finding the C723 5W with mid shafts to be a little spinny and a little short gapping wise, so I've switched to a low launching shaft and turned it all the way down to 16.5 which I think will be the ticket.

Had a couple good shots the last couple of days. First one set up a chip in eagle. Second one was out a flier lie which should have led to an easy up and down birdie but I hit a poor putt.

8855CCF2-B98B-4FA1-AFBE-AFBFDFB1BE12.jpeg

1E4403E3-EC3D-4710-B4EC-8E3359DC8101.jpeg

Nothing working for me with this club. I know its me, I've a huge mental block with fairway clubs that I'd hope TEE & the super forgiving diamond face would fix.
I've been heel, middle & toe for draw, hook & pull hook.
Need to think about maybe a trade into the hybrid or something.

I have to stress, this is totally on me not being able to get past the mental side of the type of club, the few shots that did work show how good this club is.
Well the goal here is to review the club for others, so we would kindly ask that you continue to bring feedback.

Reactions: JB
@hartman29 sorry for the very long delay

but here are some thoughts. Off the deck, for me to hit it well, I need to open the face a little to give it a little more loft at impact.

off the tee, I like to close the face down a little bit. At between 95-100 mph club head speed, for the 5 wood, expect something like 205-225 distance. Cuts threw turf pretty easily, but keep in mind I play on Bermuda

Well the goal here is to review the club for others, so we would kindly ask that you continue to bring feedback.
I plan on getting some adapters to try some different shaft combinations, haven't given up yet.

I hit the hybrid today and am super impressed with what I saw

E and I want to try the C as well.
E just wants to be hit hard
C is really fun and I'm hoping to try the E as well. I hope folks aren't too intimidated by the size to try it. I've found it really versitale distance wise, can play a sawed off shot a lot easier than a distance hybrid but still give it some juice if needed.

I'm playing again tomorrow, and will be trying something different with the C723 5-wood. I really liked it at 18*, but it was almost as long as my 15* 3-wood, so I turned it down to 16.5* and took the 3-wood out of the bag. At 16.5* it could easily replace the 3-wood, and might in the long term, but tomorrow the 3-wood is back in the bag, and the C723 will be lofted up to 19.5* to see how that works.

So I got a painfully slow round in yesterday, the course was really busy, and getting through eighteen stretched out to over five hours. I did adjust the loft on the C723 5-wood uo to 19.5 degrees, and except for the one I hit off the first tee, which I hooked into the trees on the left, it worked out really well. I hit it off the deck several times, and except for one gross mishit, which I am prone to with the long clubs, it was really good. I also hit it off the tee one other time, with much greater success than on the first. Setting it at 19.5* (++ on the adapter) put the gapping with my 3-wood right where I need it. At the standard 18* it is almost as long as my 15* 3-wood, and at 16.5* it would just replace the 3-wood. I'm going to play it like this for a while, playing again tomorrow, but will eventually have to decide on how I am going to play it long term.

Played a different course Saturday, and had several opportunities to hit the C723 5-wood from the fairway. It is still set at 19.5*, and I've found that when I can put a good swing on it, which has been more often than normal for me, I'm getting a nice straight mid-trajectory flight, with good distance. There were no opportunities to hit it off the tee this time out, so no news there. I'm going to leave it set like this for at least one more round, but I'm still not sure which way I'll go with it long term. Right now it's a toss up between keeping it as is behind the ZX MKII 3-wood, or turning it back to 16.5*, taking the 3-wood out of the bag, and putting the 18* Cleveland HY-Wood back in. Either way, the C723 will be staying in the bag while something else gets taken out.

Got some more reps under my belt with the 5 wood, mostly off the tee. Feeling pretty comfortable with it. I tend to fear topping the ball (with some good reason) with FWs off the tee, and this has been reasonably forgiving on the thin and toe misses which are my 2 tendencies. At 16.5 it's slotting nicely between my mini driver and 20* hybrid.

I've also ordered a C723 4 hybrid to pair with my C723 5 hybrid. I'll likely throw a Dart V iron shaft in it like I've done with my 5 hybrid. Should be able to test it out by the end of the week.

Finally got a chance to hit the C723 hybrid and boy is that a fun club. Good shape, sits nearly perfect to the eye. If someone struggles with hybrids going left, this could be perfect for you.

The C723 5-wood was really good off the tee again yesterday. Still set at 19.5*, and still hitting it longer than I expect. I'll change things up in this post and include a couple of photos on holes I used it on.

The first hole at Apple Mountain, it's about 225 yds downhill from the white tees to the 150 pole. and my ball was just out of the picture at the bottom, probably 220 yds aided by being downhill and some roll. You can go a bit further than I did off the tee, but the further you go the more of a downhill lie you get, and too far puts you in the hazard. This is a tough second shot too, tighter than it looks, miss right and you're likely to end up going all the way down into the hazard (the two bunkers are your friends if you miss right), miss left and you're in the little pond/wetland area, and miss long and you have a severe downhill lie in the rough to a green going away from you.

AM_1st_06-28-23.jpg

This is the third shot on the fifth, a double-dogleg par-5 (left then right). The tee shot is into the left dogleg, preferably less than 200 yds so you have an angle to cut the corner of the right dogleg and get well past the 150 pole. I hit the 5-wood a bit too far off the tee, blocking me out from getting around the right dogleg, and from using the 5-wood again for my second shot, leaving a longer third shot to the green.

AM_5th_06-28-23.jpg

Played another round with the same setup, and I'm really happy with the 5-wood set at 19.5* playing between my 15* 3-wood and my 22* 4-hybrid. I still might go back and try the 5-wood at 16.5* again, taking the 3-wood out of the bag and putting the 18* Hy-Wood back in. The 5-wood at 16.5* is as long as my 15* 3-wood, and I'm probably more consistent with the 5-wood. The 5-wood at 19.5* is as long as the 18* Hy-Wood, maybe a bit longer, but I'm thinking the Hy-Wood might be more forgiving off the deck and from the rough. I could actually see the possibility of carrying two C723 5-woods, one set at 16.5* and the other at 19.5*, kind of a one-length fairway thing. 🤷‍♂️

Got a bunch of reps in with the C723 5 wood last night. As you can see from this wear mark I tend to live out on the toe with FWs (and most clubs really). Hitting it there doesn't produce exactly the shots I'm looking for but it's been forgiving enough to get away with. When I do hit it on the screws it's been a nice high draw, and is good for positioning off the tee and hitting into greens. If I was going strictly for distance I'd put the heavy weight in the front, but I find I just don't hit it as well in that setting.

3B5C51D0-04D5-4350-9E1E-1AFFF8C4B12B.jpeg

Back