Tour Edge Exotics 723 Fairways and Hybrids

Yeah, as they're for weighting and not impact like the head screw anything just over tight should be enough.
So I just got off the phone with customer service, a new weight should be here by the end of the week, I'll just keep a close eye on this one and hope it doesn't come out during a swing until the new weight shows up. I did ask about how tight to go when putting the weights in, and he said to use their tool and tighten it until it clicks once. I don't think I'll be going that tight after this experience, and hearing that the same thing happened to @willplaysgolf . Great customer service though!

One minor, cosmetic thing I've noticed with my C723 3w, the face definitely marks up quicker than the C723 driver face.

Does not effect performance in any way, purely cosmetic.

Struggling to find total number of shots in the Shotscope app but best estimate is in the neighborhood of 18-25.

1000009849.jpg

So the new 15g weight showed up today, another example of Tour Edge's great customer service, and it's in the 5-wood and ready to go. Unfortunately I probably won't get to play again until next week, I was planning on playing today but can't get away. The new weight does look different than the original, from the bottom side, so maybe they realized there was a problem and made a change. I put them both on a scale, and both came in right at 15g.

Live round updates for the C723 fairway today, 2 shots so far, first was a nice and straight, in the fairway on a short par 4 leaving me under 100 into the green, 2nd was a cpl feet off the fairway in the second cut leaving 145 to the middle, both holes were par save and a nice birdie on the #1 stroke hole.

More to come.

Played in the Southeast Georgia Seniors Interclub match today at Blueberry Plantation golf club in Alma, GA.

I mentioned in a different post that I was likely going to play the C723 13 degree 3 wood as my tee club due to playing from the forward tees.

Well that is what I did. Benched the E723 7 wood and added the 3 wood. Only hit the C723 driver today once. Was trying to drive the green. Should have stuck to the game plan.

This was a net event so I ended up playing as a scratch due to my handicap adjustment.

Started on hole 9. Shot 73 today, 34/39.

The C723 13 degree 3 wood continues to impress me. Best ever 3 wood off the tee for me.

I played the C723 5-wood yesterday with he hosel set to 16.5*, and the heavy weight moved to the front position. I don't expect this weight setup to work as well for me, but I still want to test it out. Only hit it twice, once off the tee, and once off the deck. Off the tee it was similar in distance and trajectory as what I was seeing with the weights the other way, but I did see more of a fade than I do with the heavy weight in the back. Off the deck it was a straight low bullet, which is what I usually get with a fairway off the deck that isn't grossly mishit.

I'm hoping to get out again this week, at my home course where I'll use it at least three times off the tee. I'm actually going to try to draw a tee shot on the double dogleg par-5, which would be great if I can pull it off, although I've pretty much never been able to draw my long clubs on purpose. I'll be playing when the course isn't busy, so intend to hit several tee shots in my attempt to draw one around the corner, and if successful I'll probably be declaring this to be one of the greatest golf clubs of all time. If I fail I'll just move the heavy weight back to the back position, and still declare this as one of the best fairway woods I've ever played.

Okay, so that experiment is over, I can not purposely hit a draw with the long clubs. I tried a couple draw setups off the tee, and I get a beautiful straight flight with great distance, but pushed right. I'll just move the weights back to the way I had them, with the 15g in the back, and take the added forgiveness I really need, and forget about trying to work the ball off the tee. It was fun to try though, and I'm sure better golfers could work the C723 Fairways either way with that heavier weight in the front.

I really wanted to post here after 2nd round of CC but I was beyond horrible across the bag.

Still love this club, but the entire bag is taking a timeout 🤣

The C723 13 degree 3 wood that I purchased continues to be phenomenal off the tee for me.

With the heavy weight in the rear, hosel set at neutral and with the Diamana Thump F75 stiff shaft it is terrific.

I have temporarily taken the E723 21 degree 7 wood out of the bag so that I can have the C723 13 degree in the bag instead.

The E723 7 wood is also a great club for me but according to Arccos I’m only hitting it maybe once every ten rounds. I just don’t have the yardage that requires the 7 wood very often on my home course. It does get switched in and out of the bag for different courses though.

C723 5 Wood has been a steady performer, mostly as a tee club. Pretty happy with my Shot Scope tee numbers for the year:

E7B04EF2-D24C-46DB-869F-613B3FCA1326.jpeg

I haven't had tons of chances to hit it off the fairway, but today had a green light into 18. Sadly I pulled it a touch and missed the green which I was bummed about.

I'm also playing the C723 4 and 5 hybrids which slot between my 7 iron and 7 wood, and I've had some good shots with them the last couple times out. 2 rounds ago, I missed left off the tee and had a low branch in front of me I had contend with and was about 175 yards out. Was between a punch 7 that I didn't get think would get there, or a punch 5 hybrid that I wasn't sure I could keep low enough. Ended up hitting hybrid and pulling the shot off where I had a stress free 2 putt from the fringe.

Today with the 4 hybrid I had a nice second shot to a par 5 to about 15 feet. On the next hole I just missed the green and used the 5 hybrid to snuggle it up to a couple feet.

Last edited:
Out of all the Tour Edge clubs I think I’m most excited to play around with the the c723 19* and 23* hybrid. I’m really hoping the the 23* can replace the 4 iron in my bag. When I hit the 4 good it’s great but lately I have been pretty inconsistent with it

I moved the 15g weight back to the rear position of the C723 5-wood yesterday, still set at 16.5*, I hit it well with the heavy weight in front, but have been more consistent when it is in the back. No opportunities off the deck, but three tee shots with it, two were long and in the fairway, the other just missed and was a bit shorter than usual (first swing of the day off the first tee). This thing is so versatile, I've hit it well at all three loft settings I've tried it at, 16.5*, 18*, and 19.5*, sound and feel are exceptional, and it's long. At 16.5* it is at least as long as my 15* 3-wood, at 18* it is too close to the 3-wood to have them both in the bag, and at 19.5* it is just right as the next club after the 3-wood. Right now I have the C723 in the 3-wood spot at 16.5*, with my 18* Cleveland Hy-Wood in the next spot, and that combo is working very well, but as I've mentioned before, I could easily bag two C723 5-woods, one set at 16.5* and the other at 19.5*.

Back out this weekend finally, playing a course I haven't in a long time due to reconstruction activities so will be looking to get this working well quickly.

I had a fairway shot recently with the 5 wood where I hit it kind of on the low heel. I rarely miss a club there and typically the results aren't good, but I was happy to see it still manage to chase up on the green. Otherwise it continues to be a solid tee performer, which most rounds is all I need it to be for 1 or 2 shots.

I added some weights to my C723 4 and 5 hybrids and shortened them a bit to try to hit them a little shorter based on how I want them to gap in the bag. Sometimes when I've done this with other hybrids the results haven't been great, but there seem to be no ill effects with the C723s so far. In my last round I used the 4 hybrid twice to go for the green in 2. 1 shot hit the green and stopped on the fringe and the other stopped on the green, and both lead to 2 putt birdies.

New review of the C723 fairway wood on James Robinson’s YouTube channel.

Here’s the link:

i'm really looking forward to testing this 3 wood

A couple more rounds in the books with the C723 5-wood, and one was the rare occasion where there were no opportunities to hit it. Today's round was back at my home course, so I had the usual three tee shots with it. Two of those tee shots were as good as it gets, carry distance and direction were as good as I can do, hitting the right place in the fairway to get a good downhill roll to a perfect flat lie for the approach shots (a little off in distance or direction can result in a tough downhill lie). The other tee shot was okay, and safe, in the fairway just nothing special.

After a couple of less than fun rounds, back out today, C723 3 wood in the bag and so far, range was nice and first shot in anger was an absolutely crushed 250ish uphill to be 10-15ft short of the green.

New YouTube review of the C723 hybrid.

My clubs from Tour Edge arrived today (thanks again @JB, @GolferGal and Tour Edge for giving us the chance to win these. To be honest I haven’t gave them much of a look over the years partly because I think I probably have the only set in Northern Alberta! I played around on my sim as soon as I finished unboxing everything. I have heard good things bout the fairways and hybrids and I have to say I am super impressed. Not only are they long they look and feel great. I will post more thoughts as I spend more time with them over winter. I really wish I had a chance to hit these outside before the snow fell.

I am really liking these hybrids, love the compact look. Feel and sound are great. 15* 3 wood ain’t bad either amd think it will be a cannon on the course. I have a couple holes on my home course where it is going to come in handy. It’s going to be tough deciding between my tsr4 wood and this.

I am really liking these hybrids, love the compact look. Feel and sound are great. 15* 3 wood ain’t bad either amd think it will be a cannon on the course. I have a couple holes on my home course where it is going to come in handy. It’s going to be tough deciding between my tsr4 wood and this.
I have the 18* C723 5-wood, and lofted down to 16.5* (4-wood loft) it is incredible off the tee. I have three holes at my home course that require less than driver off the tee, for me anyway, and this setup with the C723 has been the better than any other fairway or hybrid I've used for those tee shots.

Reactions: MH
I'm gonna do a little tinkering to see if the C723 5 wood can stick in the bag this year. I hit it really well off the tee but felt like I could get a little more out of it in the rough and fairway. Also with my current setup I need to hit it a little shorter for gapping. Thinking about going a little shorter in length and lofting it up. After playing for a year in -1.5 it looks kinda closed going higher in loft but I think I can adjust.

Taking my terrible process to setup and the fact we are on mats here, I love this 3w when I get it right.

This is an absolute rocket launcher of a club, solid sound of the face, forgiving out of the heel or toe.

Round use for the first time in 2024 with some holes this will be absolutely perfect for off the tee or second shot.

Back